• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMA - 2018 Academy NPL season

Offsider

Looking at the u16 joeys squad I notice there are no ccm people involved. Bit disappointing ............ but are there any boys that are more disappointed than me ??? ......... that had a chance of selection.

JoyfulPenguin

Looking at the u16 joeys squad I notice there are no ccm people involved. Bit disappointing ............ but are there any boys that are more disappointed than me ??? ......... that had a chance of selection.
The Joeys squads never seem to be that fair a representation of the best talent available with the majority seemingly becoming NPL players. I don't think it's that worrying that we don't have any representatives. The talent identification by the FFA for these squads seems to nearly always end in Sydney with a few others thrown in.

VicMariner

The Joeys squads never seem to be that fair a representation of the best talent available with the majority seemingly becoming NPL players. I don't think it's that worrying that we don't have any representatives. The talent identification by the FFA for these squads seems to nearly always end in Sydney with a few others thrown in.
Well Croatia has the same population as Sydney and have made the WC final. We should be laughing.

Seriously....FFA have destroyed the youth system in Australia. No AIS, ridiculously short NYL season, not qualifying for the Olympics anymore and the joeys don't seem to win anything anymore either.
It's frustrating that football just can't get a fair run in this country.

JoyfulPenguin

Well Croatia has the same population as Sydney and have made the WC final. We should be laughing.

Seriously....FFA have destroyed the youth system in Australia. No AIS, ridiculously short NYL season, not qualifying for the Olympics anymore and the joeys don't seem to win anything anymore either.
It's frustrating that football just can't get a fair run in this country.
It's atrocious, the FFA way is to skimp on everything except at the very elite level. It doesn't work and you repeatedly hear how terrible our talent identification system is from former national youth team coaches. How many world class players have we missed out on for them to join other sports or simply give up? Bailey Wright, Massimo Luongo, Milos Degenek, Jackson Irvine, Mile Jedinak, Andrew Nabbout all of these players were only deemed good enough for NPL football by the powers that be. The FFA's austerity has real and serious consequences for our national team and therefore the future of the game in this country.

Offsider

:doh::doh::doh:I thought it would be interesting to know who the clubs budding u16 boys were, if any.

Not interested in the political bullshit of player preferential selection blah blah blah. My apologies if the question was too hard.

FFC Mariner

Looks like we will go up - tough ask, some NPL1 clubs are spending over $1m a year on wages and they arent restricted by age like we will be.
Hopefully we can use NPL1 status to attract/retain the best and brightest.

Big Al

Looks like we will go up - tough ask, some NPL1 clubs are spending over $1m a year on wages and they arent restricted by age like we will be.
Got to hold on. Every thing should be done to win promotion.

Even getting our boys in the senior team who are eligible playing. Eg Kekeris.

Train all week with the seniors and play NPL on weekend

Big Al

Only 30 points ahead
4 x points for 1st grade = 12 points a win. Need to keep winning. No more draws, 4 points a draw

JoyfulPenguin

Being in NPL 1 instead of NPL 2 is a big advantage, even if it is only for a season. Victory benefited from it, recruited and developed Theoharous, Pasquali, Nigro, Hope and Waring out of it. Sydney FC seem to get the pick of the youngsters because of it at the moment. Would be great if we could jump ahead of Sydney and the Wanderers again in regards to youth player recruitment.

Wombat

Ideally full points for the next couple of week before the defining round against Mount Druitt at home on 4th August. Mount Druitt with the easier run home so that weekend will probably be crucial.

Shit i'm in Melbourne that weekend. Bloody Trade Fair.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred