• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCMA - 2018 Academy NPL season

JoyfulPenguin

Apologies mate! As I'm in Melbourne I unfortunately wouldn't know. Watchers of the NPL like @Josho Howe or @pinklady would probably know.
Did a little digging for you @Offsider , the youngest player in our NPL Men's squad, according to our official website, is Antony Sparacino Date of Birth 13.04.01 so ever so too old for the Joeys side. Below I complied a list of the highest level that each player selected at the Joeys camp has played at. While there are a few who have played senior football, whether that be NPL Men's or higher, most are still playing youth football. So I don't think it's too worrying that we don't have any Joey qualified players in our top academy side. In regards to players actually qualified to play for the Joeys for us, I looked through some stats on the NPL NSW website and maybe one to watch is Ben Duncan, he has played 18 games in the NPL U16s and scored 14 goals. If you take a look at old Joeys squads like this one https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/qantas-joeys-squad-announced-2 not many went on to play much or any A-League football.

Leonardo Belz (U18s NSW)
Timothy Boke (U20s ACT)
Jordan Bos (NPL Men's 2 Vic )
Noah Botic (U20s NSW)
Jordan Courtney (NPL Men's Queensland 1 and scored)
Luke Duzel (NPL 2 Vic and scored)
Jordan Gorman (U20s NPL WA)
Peter Grozos (U16s NPL NSW)
Aydan Hammond (Youth football Portugal)
Oliver Kalac (U20s NPL NSW)
Birkan Kirdar (Asian Champions League)
Jaiden Kucharski (U18s NPL NSW)
Adam Leombruno (U17s NPL SA)
Marco Macuso (U20s NPL Vic)
Christopher Morseray (NPL Men's Queensland 1)
Adam Pavlesic (U20s NPL NSW)
Emmanuel Pavlis (Youth football Greece)
Alexandar Popovic (U18s NPL SA)
Joshua Rachele (U20s NPL Vic)
Tyson Savas (U18s NPL NSW)
Lachlan Seeping (NPL Men's NSW 1)
Jamie Signorello (U20s NPL SA)
Ahmad Taleb (NPL Men's Vic 2)
Ryan Teague (U20s NPL NSW)
Nicholas Theodosiou (U20s NPL Vic)
Joshua Varga (NPL Men's Vic 2)
Daniel Walsh (NPL Men's WA)
Adam Zervas ( U18s NPL NNSW)

Offsider

Well dug :goodpost::thumbup::thumbup:.
Much appreciated. Not worried just interested who might be coming through. I daresay that the Phelan appointment will assist the start of the coe production line ............ and international sales blah blah blah of the venue.

All good but not for this season.:(

possum x

Did a little digging for you @Offsider , the youngest player in our NPL Men's squad, according to our official website, is Antony Sparacino Date of Birth 13.04.01 so ever so too old for the Joeys side. Below I complied a list of the highest level that each player selected at the Joeys camp has played at. While there are a few who have played senior football, whether that be NPL Men's or higher, most are still playing youth football. So I don't think it's too worrying that we don't have any Joey qualified players in our top academy side. In regards to players actually qualified to play for the Joeys for us, I looked through some stats on the NPL NSW website and maybe one to watch is Ben Duncan, he has played 18 games in the NPL U16s and scored 14 goals. If you take a look at old Joeys squads like this one https://www.socceroos.com.au/news/qantas-joeys-squad-announced-2 not many went on to play much or any A-League football.

Leonardo Belz (U18s NSW)
Timothy Boke (U20s ACT)
Noah Botic (U20s NSW)
Zenden Hart, u/18s goalkeeper trialled this year but was obviously unsuccessful.

marinermick

29 points ahead in club championship with six games to go.

My calculation is that they need 14 more points to secure promotion if Mt Druitt win every game in every grade from here, which they won't.

I dare say we will be in NPL1 next season which is massive.

Big Al

29 points ahead in club championship with six games to go.

My calculation is that they need 14 more points to secure promotion if Mt Druitt win every game in every grade from here, which they won't.

I dare say we will be in NPL1 next season which is massive.
Sorry Mick. Your calc’s are way off

21points around available. That’s 6 x 21 = 126 points available

1st grade. 3points win x 4 = 12 points
20’s. 3 points x 2 = 6 points
18’s 3points x 1 = 3 points.

We on 301 vs 272.
1st grade - 40 points x 4 = 160
20’s - 49 x 2 = 98
18’s - 43 x 1 = 43
Total = 301.

Loose all 3 grades in one week and they win all 3 and they only 8 points behind.

3rd is out of the picture so it’s a two horse race

marinermick

Sorry Mick. Your calc’s are way off

21points around available. That’s 6 x 21 = 126 points available

1st grade. 3points win x 4 = 12 points
20’s. 3 points x 2 = 6 points
18’s 3points x 1 = 3 points.

We on 301 vs 272.
1st grade - 40 points x 4 = 160
20’s - 49 x 2 = 98
18’s - 43 x 1 = 43
Total = 301.

Loose all 3 grades in one week and they win all 3 and they only 8 points behind.

3rd is out of the picture so it’s a two horse race

Crap, you multiply by the points.

Oh well, we have to wait a few more weeks.

joe bailey

The Joeys squads never seem to be that fair a representation of the best talent available with the majority seemingly becoming NPL players. I don't think it's that worrying that we don't have any representatives. The talent identification by the FFA for these squads seems to nearly always end in Sydney with a few others thrown in.
That is because they only pick boys born in even years which is bloody ridiculous. So for U17's which is truly 2001 born boys they will pick the best 2002 born kids therefore 2001 born miss out entirely. That is my belief of the system anyway. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

joe bailey

Leonardo Belz (U18s NSW)
Timothy Boke (U20s ACT)
Noah Botic (U20s NSW)
Dug a little further and Zach Forsyth DOB: 12.02.01, Matthew Buettner DOB: 01.11.01 and Joey Jevtic DOB: 02.08.01 play full time with U20's whilst Jevtic got his first run with first grade against Parramatta last weekend 85th minute

JoyfulPenguin

Dug a little further and Zach Forsyth DOB: 12.02.01, Matthew Buettner DOB: 01.11.01 and Joey Jevtic DOB: 02.08.01 play full time with U20's whilst Jevtic got his first run with first grade against Parramatta last weekend 85th minute
Cheers Joe, welcome to the forum mate! Looks like a few of our boys have been stiffed.

JoyfulPenguin

Tough test for our Academy boys against the Wanderers. Wish the official Mariners account would actually post our Academy team sheet. So annoying to go track it down on the atrocity of a website that is SportsTG. Interesting to see that most of Ben Cahn's academy side has dispersed into the NPL NNSW, NPL Queensland and NPL NSW 2 with nearly none playing at the top level of NPL in NSW.

FFC Mariner

Under 20's were done by a much better Wanderers side to be fair.

1sts should have put them away much sooner (was 1 nil until about 75 minutes) Wanderers were shit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred