• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM W-League

sydmariner

MrCelery

I hope the Club doesn't underestimate the massive opportunity the huge success of the Women's World Cup is for cementing the support for the brand new Mariners Women's team in the minds of Central Coast locals.

They should not wait until after the World Cup to start promoting the team. They should piggyback off the WC while it is still on and the enthusiasm is still high.

And I hope all the local Clubs are actively encouraging even more girls teams in the local competitions.

As we've seen, the potential to grow the game is huge.

pjennings

Salary cap up 20%. Not sure what the agreed minimum wage is now
  • Club Player Payments: a 20 per cent increase to the salary cap compared to season 2022-23 which will see a lift in the minimum and maximum player payments, as follows; minimum player payments of $500,000, and maximum player payments of $600,000. Marquee exemptions remain in place for Clubs to invest in talent outside of the salary cap.
  • Scholarship Players: introduction of a minimum salary of $12,400 to replace the previous hourly rate payable. Scholarship Player payments will now also be excluded from the salary cap to provide more flexibility for Clubs whilst guaranteeing a minimum remuneration for players. This restructure includes a revised trigger for an increase in salary if the Scholarship Player now appears in 50% of the Regular Season.

Big Dog

Club should really push to have as many W-league home games as possible as a curtain raiser to the men. Probably reasons why it doesn't happen but it's got to be better for the game exposure

marinermick

Shaun talked about this. There will be a few double headers to create an event, but he was also keen to give the women their own times, product and platform and not just be an addon to the men

Yeah, I totally see the need for stand alone games to build their own brand, culture and fan base. If they are forever doing curtain raisers it runs the risk of the team being seen as a secondary product.

Big Dog

I do too. I guess it’s how you promote it. Putting it on after a Men’s game like we did with the Youth Team would be counterproductive in my view. I do think there is value in giving the general football follower greater exposure to the women’s game, especially after a World Cup.
Will be interesting to see how the attendances pan out

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred