• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Western United round 7 (home)

Wombat

I had an early dinner before this game at Baker Street and the chef was telling us he is trying to win the catering for the stadium. He said things like homemade pies etc. this would be a huge improvement as Baker St has good food. Since he was openly telling us I guess it’s ok to share his vision.
Big time good food. I had a Christmas lunch there the year before Covid and 11 hungry Thai ladies were smiling....not always the go on farang (western ) food.
I saw No Diggity and his extended fam enjoying the food and beers this Sunday and he told me this is his new pregame haunt.
Same as us, it shits on the Leagues and you dont have to do a retina check to get in. Combined with classy food that even Ancient would endorse......its gets the Wombat tick for quality.

Wombat

Would have been good if we could have got the Who Do You Sing For chant going towards the final stages of the game.
There is no leader in Bay 16, hopefully someone steps up. I have a loud voice and and am willing to help. My accountant Middy sat with us in Bay 16 and the lil bugger likes to sing!! It was brilliant to see and if one of the hard heads from the back of Bay 16 can lead abit we will all follow.

Wombat

Would have been good if we could have got the Who Do You Sing For chant going towards the final stages of the game.
Needs one of PP's mates to get the courage to start it or maybe the under 5's from last year might come back. But we do need a leader, who was the South american guy.....he could be the man?

marinermick

On another note, how abysmal did macarther look until their first goal, they should have been down by 3 at half time, I wonder how much money they've pumped into that very mediocre side.

They have a good side, just a mediocre coach. 68% possession first half with two shots shows what an ineffective brand of football Milicic is playing with one of the best teams on paper.

Ironically they ditched that style looking for goals, became more direct, and hey presto scored two goals.

Will Milicic learn from this?

Last edited:

Huddo

They have a good side, just a mediocre coach. 68% possession first half with two shots shows what an ineffective brand of football Milicic is playing with one of the best teams on paper.

Ironically they ditched that style looking for goals, became more direct, and hey presto scored two goals.

That's fair, everything milicic does touch does turn to $hit.
I don't reackon much will change either his style is to ingrained in him.

Tevor

Even the commentators mentioned they play around with it too much in attack, so reminds me of the Okon days. Only good thing was it knocked the Roar back a peg. He didn’t learn with the Matilda’s so doubt he has an idea.

Ancient Mariner

Big time good food. I had a Christmas lunch there the year before Covid and 11 hungry Thai ladies were smiling....not always the go on farang (western ) food.
I saw No Diggity and his extended fam enjoying the food and beers this Sunday and he told me this is his new pregame haunt.
Same as us, it shits on the Leagues and you dont have to do a retina check to get in. Combined with classy food that even Ancient would endorse......its gets the Wombat tick for quality.
I suspect this place or the brewery is going to get pretty crowded before the next few games.
After the last game definitely no more stadium food.

Forum Phoenix

On another note, how abysmal did macarther look until their first goal, they should have been down by 3 at half time, I wonder how much money they've pumped into that very mediocre side.
Classic. ideologue football wasn’t it. Highest number of passes and 100% possession are the holy grails. Their no more than two touches, is so drilled into them, players barely move because there’s no point making runs most of the time and in possession they often fail to even run with the bell even when there’s 20 metres in front of them. As though it’s always the right thing to do to pass straight away.

We and Brisbane in contrast obviously pass, but also run with the ball and play direct and with speed when we can. And way more dangerous.

Brisbane just had to take some of their innumerable chances. Imo nine times out of ten they win that gave. Though did us a favour on the ladder,

Last edited:

Ozhammer

To be fair (and I am not suggesting Millicic isn’t a one-dimensional coach here), he was looking to manage his players with three games in a week and I thought he got his substitutions spot on last night. Brisbane have been on a roll and even though it wasn’t as hot up there yesterday evening, it is still a sticky place to go and play, as we well know from our previous results up there.

It will be interesting to see how the Roar go with their run of away games but we still need to maintain our momentum, or will be pegged back pretty quickly.

true believer

i really enjoyed the game on two fronts . 1st how pathetic millicic ball is and from this. how
incompetent the ffa are . they were extremely lucky , to survive and because of the result .
will have reinforced millicic belief .in his failed philosophy .

the second was my true hatred of roar emerged when methtown scored .
mrs tb was astonished at my yelp when this happened and asked "were you going for macarthur"
i said " i hate the F@#$### W@#@$@ #$%%#@ A#$#@# " mrs tb didn't give me a time out .

wenzel-halls is a dirty sack of of shite . continually cheap shoted opposition players .
i'd like to seem him try that dirt on stens or tonyik etc .

Ozhammer

i really enjoyed the game on two fronts . 1st how pathetic millicic ball is and from this. how
incompetent the ffa are . they were extremely lucky , to survive and because of the result .
will have reinforced millicic belief .in his failed philosophy .

the second was my true hatred of roar emerged when methtown scored .
mrs tb was astonished at my yelp when this happened and asked "were you going for macarthur"
i said " i hate the F@#$### W@#@$@ #$%%#@ A#$#@# " mrs tb didn't give me a time out .

wenzel-halls is a dirty sack of of shite . continually cheap shoted opposition players .
i'd like to seem him try that dirt on stens or tonyik etc .
Yeah Mrs OH and myself were hoping the irritating little b’stard would get chopped in half by Milligan but I guess he was on his best behaviour having only just returned from his recent red card.

I don’t mind an opposition player being a pest but DWH does some pretty lowball shite at times and then whines like a baby if anyone touches him. If he intends to keep on dishing it out, he needs to be prepared to cop it back imho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami