• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Western United round 7 (home)

marinermick

I think you will find that it was the Dutch who wiped Spain in the 2014 WC. The Dutch played a mixture of possesion based football but also scored goals from counterattacks.This is the way the Mariners have been endeavouring to play this season as far as I can make out.
Yep, them too

Attachments

• F21C7A12-039E-4135-910F-2ACE58967388.jpeg
    F21C7A12-039E-4135-910F-2ACE58967388.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 8

Josho Howe

I dunno if this is a good or bad thing, guess we'll find out at 8pm tomorrow night but l feel optimistic about this game. I think if we shut down Diamanti they don't have a whole lot. Berisha can be a threat but l have faith Tongyik can handle him. Have Alou run at Durante all day as well. Although we could be due a draw as well.

On us, Oli and Niz coming back in is great and it creates a headache for Staj as Janota doesn't deserve to lose his place in midfield. Excited for this and doesn't it feel nice to be keen to watch us play

Pirate Pete

Need to win this one to get back on top of the table! Roar have 4 consecutive wins now, we seem to be getting all the praise but they're quietly doing their business too.

The draw is so f**ked up now that it's hard to draw parrelels, they have played a horrible Victory twice now for an easy 6 points and a good goal difference. Are they good or have they just played very shit teams?
It hard to spell Parallels too.
I had to concentrate and stick my tongue out the side of my mouth to type it.:p

Forum Phoenix

Need to win this one to get back on top of the table! Roar have 4 consecutive wins now, we seem to be getting all the praise but they're quietly doing their business too.

The draw is so f**ked up now that it's hard to draw parrelels, they have played a horrible Victory twice now for an easy 6 points and a good goal difference. Are they good or have they just played very shit teams?
Yeah you really can’t know yet can you. Except I know we’re legit, I think our defence is clearly better than anything they’ve faced.

true believer

Rudan said the Mariners' form repaid the faith the club showed in Stajcic after a tough run last season.

"It wasn't a one-off when they beat Sydney FC, or Macarthur," Rudan said.

"They've knocked off a championship favourite in Melbourne City - (from) down 2-0 as well, playing three days later.

"This team is the real deal as far as we're concerned - they're top of the table for a reason and they deserve to be top of the table. So we play against the best team, for me, in the competition." https://www.ftbl.com.au/news/hes-turned-the-place-around---stajcic-is-a-magician-rudan-560714

I couldn't have dreamed of comments like this at the end of last season. Cloud 9.
this is rudan panicking . he knows, his guys deep down don't respect us .

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 3. Lewis MILLER, 4. Joshua NISBET, 5. Stefan NIGRO, 6. Gianni STENSNESS, 7. Stefan JANKOVIC, 8. Oliver BOZANIC, 10. Daniel DESILVA, 11. Jack CLISBY, 12. Marcos UREÑA, 14. Daniel BOUMAN, 15. Kye ROWLES, 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Adam PEARCE (GK), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 22. Michal JANOTA, 23. Dan HALL, 26. Jaden CASELLA, 29. Alou KUOL, 32. Max BALARD

INS: 4. Joshua NISBET (Return from injury), 8. Oliver BOZANIC (Return from injury)

Ozhammer

I wonder it Staj will be forced to rest anyone for this game, as some of our boys have been putting in huge shifts already this week and there would have to be concerns for soft tissue injuries.

If not, Staj will have some selection headaches, which are only going to get worse as the visa players get fitter, so it’s going to be a delicate balancing act keeping everyone involved and maintaining the team spirit shown thus far.

pjennings

this is rudan panicking . he knows, his guys deep down don't respect us .

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Mark BIRIGHITTI (GK), 3. Lewis MILLER, 4. Joshua NISBET, 5. Stefan NIGRO, 6. Gianni STENSNESS, 7. Stefan JANKOVIC, 8. Oliver BOZANIC, 10. Daniel DESILVA, 11. Jack CLISBY, 12. Marcos UREÑA, 14. Daniel BOUMAN, 15. Kye ROWLES, 19. Matt SIMON, 20. Adam PEARCE (GK), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 22. Michal JANOTA, 23. Dan HALL, 26. Jaden CASELLA, 29. Alou KUOL, 32. Max BALARD

INS: 4. Joshua NISBET (Return from injury), 8. Oliver BOZANIC (Return from injury)
You would have to think that Ollie is long odds to play.

Michael

You would have to think that Ollie is long odds to play.
Ollie will start.
I love Stens and he wasn’t horrific the other night but he struggled with the responsibility Ollie’s role takes on.
I will eat my hat if Ollie doesn’t start.

true believer

Ollie will start.
I love Stens and he wasn’t horrific the other night but he struggled with the responsibility Ollie’s role takes on.
I will eat my hat if Ollie doesn’t start.
just quietly. every game stens is fit . he will be the first player picked .
if ollie is 85% fit he won't play . thats a bloody good thing

pjennings

I also think he’s odds on to start - I’m just wondering if it turns out he actually doesn’t, will the hat-eating be live streamed?
I hope he starts - but his shoulder injury was only last Sunday and his body shape midweek suggest he was still feeling the effects.

priorpeter

I hope he starts - but his shoulder injury was only last Sunday and his body shape midweek suggest he was still feeling the effects.
Oh he was definitely very sore early in the week. I have no inside info as to his current condition, I think I’m just hopeful more than anything.. and curious as to how we can view the hat eating

turbo

I think they are good but have played against a few teams that were a mess. Adelaide wasn’t beating anyone the way they turned up to play Brisbane and Victory have been shithouse twice, those 3 games are probably the worst performances I’ve seen this season and it wasn’t something Brisbane particularly forced.

For what it’s worth I think we’ve had tougher tests overall and I’m interested to see how they fare against Macarthur on Tuesday.

bikinigirl

Every time I watch a video of Staj in training gear, all I can see is that the initials on his shirt are off centre.
Drives me Nuts.

:piralaugh:

. i think i'm glad it wasn't just me ?

. i have recently got to the point that because the Mariners logo is bigger than Umbro (as it should be) ... perhaps the AS is equidistant between the two

. that may distract you for a while ... or just antagonise your OCD tendancies further :innocent:

Ancient Mariner

It is quite straight forward. Because the Mariners logo is so much bigger than the Umbro, the AS must move off centre to keep the balance of the design.
Simple really.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred