• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Victory Away

turbo

I in no way blame the guys i only sympathise for what they have to encounter game after game with these nothing better than rat ball sacks refs.
The ref did us no favours tonight and aside from reversing the penalty which was by no means clear and obvious he let us get pulled back on the counter multiple times for zero yellows. But none of that made us play a sub par line up and approach it with the enthusiasm of a wake. It might be cliche but we didn’t want it enough.

Tevor

The ref did us no favours tonight and aside from reversing the penalty which was by no means clear and obvious he let us get pulled back on the counter multiple times for zero yellows. But none of that made us play a sub par line up and approach it with the enthusiasm of a wake. It might be cliche but we didn’t want it enough.
100%

Tevor

And that’s what they do, Chapman was getting away with murder. Geria ran through the back of Silvera trying to professionally foul him and it was waved away. It’s those decisions that make it hard to justify the bias. To be honest we probably would have had missed the Pen it was that kind of match.

pjennings

While frustrated by the game it at least solidified in my mind our team when fully fit. While rewarding last weeks team may be laudable it really did cost us goals this week.

The starting back four needs to contain 4 of Roux, Triantis, Farrell, Kaltak and McGarry. Windust, Hall and Bayliss as cover

Central midfield needs to be Nisbet and Ballard with Steele covering.

In attack we should be starting with Sammy, Jason, Tulio and Moresche. Theo, Beni and DWH to cover

Last edited:

booney

Thank god no game next weekend.We are playing Roar at home the following Saturday so need to collect ourselves ,settle down and hopefully Monty and Serge can re-energise the boys.Maybe we can put the Orange scum to the sword.Anyway I will go down to Sydney early that day to watch my 5 yo grandson play his first comp game.

Also going to the Ecuador game on Friday night this week so will be good to see the Socceroos in action.

sydmariner

Thank god no game next weekend.We are playing Roar at home the following Saturday so need to collect ourselves ,settle down and hopefully Monty and Serge can re-energise the boys.Maybe we can put the Orange scum to the sword.Anyway I will go down to Sydney early that day to watch my 5 yo grandson play his first comp game.

Also going to the Ecuador game on Friday night this week so will be good to see the Socceroos in action.
I’m going to so hopefully cumdog does better than he did today.

Big Al

We have never played well against a compact, well organised defence that it is non expansive in attack.

Surprised more teams that play like that against us.
Poppa just copy Rudan? Not sure on that but they are good defensive coaches.

They are able to ignore the top of the box because our midfielders can’t/won’t/don’t have the ability to score from there.

Triantis tried but he has another 10 15m back from the box. The second he hit wasnt as far out and apart from being wide looked to give them a little worry but basically you can defend really deep and then close down the top of the box if necessary

The other problem is those teams that sit so deep are able to break and score or almost score easily

Big Al

Danny Townsend needs to move all Melbourne teams not just the grand final to Sydney.

Horrendous showing by the boys

VAR is a terrible addition to football and will never be what it’s supposed to be when the people using it can do what they do.

good time for a week off. Get the best training together and we go again NOT IN MELBOURNE

FFC Mariner

Simply put we were out coached and out fought
Monty picked the wrong side and paid the price
Watching CCMA then into this game what stood out was a lack of energy. A lack of aggression and an unwillingness to impose themselves on the other side.
I fear we will never see Dan Hall again he was awful

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb