• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Snowtown FC elimination final leg 1

JackMariner

Proud of the boys tonight and Monty is proving to be technically astute re the game plan and also with replacements .... hope we can keep him for another couple of years....

Love we have four attacking players in the starting 11... our defence was better tonight...

Looking forward to Gosford next week...

Looks like no injuries for us, AU could have three key players out... if they have to start with Blackwood up front I will feel very happy...
I am so chuffed to witness that demonstration of "how to show an opposing team the winning way to play football"

Attachments

• Mariners1.jpg
    Mariners1.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 16

Ads

Farrell coming on at the exact same time as Irakunda was a great move.
Unconsciously Irunkunda would be focusing more on the Farrell than the football.

Even when Irunkunda got the header he was almost more intent on taking out Farrell I. The same movement.

Feel Mcgarry after running ragid would have been just a foot behind in those 2 important moments as well.

Hello Sailor

Farrell coming on at the exact same time as Irakunda was a great move.
Unconsciously Irunkunda would be focusing more on the Farrell than the football.

Even when Irunkunda got the header he was almost more intent on taking out Farrell I. The same movement.

Feel Mcgarry after running ragid would have been just a foot behind in those 2 important moments as well.
Absolutely-great mind games, plus McGarry tends to go forward more than Farrell, so a wise change when defending a lead

booney

Farrell is a tough little bugger-perhaps not as technically gifted as Bos or even McGarry-but puts his body on the line and was matching Irankunda for pace.We are lucky to have Faz and McGarry vying for the LB spot.

It will be interesting to see if Veart starts Irankunda next week.If he does McGarry will not be able to roam so far forward and that may limit our attacking options.Kaltak will be doing a lot of covering if Irankunda starts to help McGarry.Balard will need to drop back into the hole when Kaltak does move across.

Wombat

I thought we probably switched a bit too defensive to a point where our counter attacks didn’t look sharp and we could have delivered a real hammer blow if we picked up another. Also felt like Mcgarry didn’t need to come off immediately when Irankunda came on, mind games by Monty perhaps but it let Adelaide set the terms even more.

Perhaps that was a sign of our nerves or inexperience. Could have been costly but ultimately wasnt
McGarry doesn't have the pace to handle the 26yo. I knew Monty would bring on Faz as soon Irankunda came on. Masterstroke.

Last edited:

Tevor

Not sure they will start Irankunda to be honest as his fitness is only about 25mins. Also he will be like Garang and less effective against fresh players instead of fatigued ones. Either way we have his measure, Ansel’s potential injury I feel will be a bigger concern for them than ibusuki.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
first half was grouse , the first 45 was a brilliant stretch of back and forth , end to end , footy , the second was how to defend a lead without parking a public transport vehicle and driving the paying customers barmy, cudos to all the coastie boys , Upwards and Onwards

SO....half time then , second half next week on the Coast

nero

Tevor

"If you can hear the sound of silence, it is the moment Jason Cummings scores past Joe Gauci in front of a jam packed Coopers Stadium."
Nice little quote from Keepup.
The Dingo loved it as well because they have been giving it to him the last few games at Adelaide.

true believer

Not sure they will start Irankunda to be honest as his fitness is only about 25mins. Also he will be like Garang and less effective against fresh players instead of fatigued ones. Either way we have his measure, Ansel’s potential injury I feel will be a bigger concern for them than ibusuki.
Clough was clearly not fit . I think their biggest concern is
Veart has no idea !

Forum Phoenix

I actually think he was trying to milk it but didn’t realise it was a head clash so nothing was going to happen to Brian. They were trying to milk everything but were the ones elbowing us. Faz took a harder hit than Irankunda so the same can be said for us.

We can't know. But I've seen a lot of knockouts, and I've never seen anyone take a bad head blow and then wilfully roll themselves over three times Neymar style. You can't. So that really does make him look like he was milking it. However, once he stumbles like that, whether he's bunged it on or not, it's a clear and definitive sign of concussion and the fact he wasn't forcibly subbed goes against all current Sport Aus and medical guidelines and is incredibly negligent. Unless.... you're telling your trainer / no I didn't really stumble I was just bunging it on. Which does support your theory.

So whether it's on Veart or Irakunda... Whatever the case, at least one person in this equation must be a total douche.

Regardless, Adelaide still are the biggest divers and one of the dirtiest teams in the comp this year. Has to be Veart's culture and coaching.

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

On the game: Scary, but the second half really was exceptional in some ways too. Great defending as mentioned with so many plays cut out or broken up and all those set pieces with Goodwin's very dangerous delivery foiled. More than that though, for me it was just the total determination and commitment from all our players, led imo by Balard, Nectar and Kaltak. Kind of heart you MUST HAVE to win big games. Played fair but hard. Didn't pull out of anything. Respect for opponents, but zero intimidation — which has often been a big problem with our younger squads over the past decade.

That balanced with our great attacking football, and oh boy, Monty and Serge have welded this team into a real force. Adelaide threw everything they had at us and could not find a way back into the game with the whole stadium behind them.

Bring on next week. Going to be huge.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred