• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Snowtown FC elimination final leg 1

Hello Sailor

In our 4-1 win he was out of position for three of our goals
I had a look at their forum to see their perspective. Along with some whingeing about referee bias, and their formation switching from the previous midfield of two 6's and an 8, to this game's one 6 an 8 and a 10, an interesting observation one made was that our four attackers took turns at dropping back meaning that Isais couldn't cover them all. Maybe this was how he was out of position? Sounds like an effective tactic by Monty-I didn't notice, I was just enjoying the game.

gemkayem

Haven't had a chance to jump on here until today but wow what a professional, effective and thorough performance by the boys. Really unlucky for Brian so early on but he more than made up for it. Can't really ask for much more for an away leg can you? Bring on the home game!

Meerkat

Apart from the obvious advantage of a one goal lead going into the home leg, the other big thing is that we are now well and truly in the Adelaide player’s headspace. They threw everything they could at us, at home with a capacity crowd and still came away empty handed.

??
I think what worries me now though is that they have nothing to lose. Well a GF spot.. derr.. but nobody expects them to win this game, they are underdogs and most of their own fans have given up on them. They can just go out there and smash it. (I still think they are shit and it’s unlikely but you never know.)

Conversely, we have everything to play for, full expectation that we win, in front of a bumper home crowd who shall not take lightly to the sound (or silence) of shattering dreams.

*sits and rocks in a corner* ?

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I think what worries me now though is that they have nothing to lose. Well a GF spot.. derr.. but nobody expects them to win this game, they are underdogs and most of their own fans have given up on them. They can just go out there and smash it. (I still think they are shit and it’s unlikely but you never know.)

Conversely, we have everything to play for, full expectation that we win, in front of a bumper home crowd who shall not take lightly to the sound (or silence) of shattering dreams.

*sits and rocks in a corner* ?
Yep.
And they just need to win by 2 goals to knock us out.

That is definitely doable.

We should have this, though

midfielder

They’re just salty, I probably wound be as well when another team seems to have a real edge over your pretty good team.
In large part they believe in their heart of hearts they are the better team and we have been lucky...

I remember in the troubled times we had teams would play us and expect to win and just keep trying an often pull off a victory....

Another factor is Monty is seen as young and inexperienced meaning we should be game plan out thought.

They lost all those players they can't recover....

The only team an fans to show respect have been WSW and in large part because we smashed em bad in round 1 ...

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

No away goals rule. They beat us by two goals we just go into extra time then pens.
No, but scores are aggregated.

We beat them 2-1 already.

If they beat us 2-0, then they win 3-1. If they beat us 3-1, then they win 4-3, etc.

We draw or win, we're in the GF.
They win by 1 goal, no matter the actual scoreline, then it's extra time then pens.
They win by 2 goals, no matter the actual scoreline, they're in the GF.

pjennings

Enough of this defeatist talk!! There is still work to do but we are 180 minutes of football away from our first Championship in 10 years.

If we do that and the APL come to the party with money to keep Jason, we can keep and re-sign the majority of our squad with some top ups. Then we can give the Australia and AFC Cups a run. I'm sure we will lose a few players on the way but a run of success will attract higher offers for players wanting to go OS.

Last edited:

Corsair

We're starting a game at home 1-0 up before kickoff with a big crowd and as far as I know no injuries.

We've got a 17 goal striker and the most potent forward line for 10 years, a Socceroo in goal, 2 Olyroos in the back line and a midfield that is in form.

We finished 2nd in the league and one of our forwards just got voted player of the month.

We've beaten them 3 times already this season, they're coming into this with several injured players and they have to travel.

They are a good side and it's far from a foregone conclusion, we should show them respect, however this is ours to lose. If Monty comes up with a game plan and the boys follow it we should be right. I think we need to go all out attack and bury them, will be interesting to see the approach.

I just hope we don't get one of *those* refs.

This is going to be a massive game, I can't wait!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred