• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Nix Away Match Week 8

true believer

Yeah absolutely this. Has looked the most dangerous in the league

We can’t treat Davila like a regular midfielder. The special attention olly in particular gave to Ninkovic in the Sydney win has to be applied to Davila’s also. He can turn a game with an individual moment of brilliance.

This Welly side is for my money probably the softest kiwi side I’ve seen in years. Just got to get an early goal, boss Davilla and keep our foot on their necks for the rest of the game and we’ll take the win we deserved last game.
your kidding, aren't you ? their soft ? no pf ! their not . their disjointed from being nomads .
they have quality fire power that isn't a cohesive unit .
i hoped they don't find their shit . because when they do they'll cane some poor bastards .

true believer

well we've thrown a banana plantation on the ground .
my hubris sense is off the chart . i'll be hiding behind the couche for this one !

Huddo

Disagree. We play our best eleven who are fit every game. We don’t gamble points to “see how players go”.

I don't think it's gambling if we're 2 nil up and the opponent hasn't taken the strike, I think blooding good player builds confidence and match fitness.
I just think staj is holding off until mid year to release a few more of the players on the pitch, the good coaches always hold a little back, e.g. Arnie with Ollie. He played a few halfs in the championship run, but was let loose in the GF with devistating results.

Ads

Nizzy!

For me the key element that was missing in regards to the 2 games that we conceded early goals was Nizzy.

It may be a conscious thing or unconscious in the back of the minds but the sheer amount of extra structure, defensive hassle, stealing and calming possession that Nizzy brings would effect the team as a whole.

Just like we spoke about with Stens missing Olli and Niz to have that extra quality next to him to free him up from running around like a headless chook.

For me, Nizzy, Stens & Olli all have to start if we want to get back to a stable position and have a crack at more clean sheets and not have to rely on cracking comebacks.

Jonota, Urena, Simon & Kuol with have to rotate the front and DDS side until we have more injuries/short turn arounds.

pinklady

Nizzy!

For me the key element that was missing in regards to the 2 games that we conceded early goals was Nizzy.

It may be a conscious thing or unconscious in the back of the minds but the sheer amount of extra structure, defensive hassle, stealing and calming possession that Nizzy brings would effect the team as a whole.

Just like we spoke about with Stens missing Olli and Niz to have that extra quality next to him to free him up from running around like a headless chook.

For me, Nizzy, Stens & Olli all have to start if we want to get back to a stable position and have a crack at more clean sheets and not have to rely on cracking comebacks.

Jonota, Urena, Simon & Kuol with have to rotate the front and DDS side until we have more injuries/short turn arounds.
Hopefully Nizzy will be right for Sunday following the knock he received after coming on against WU.

Forum Phoenix

Is it time to give Hall a go as the CB ... to replace Rowles even if for only 20 minutes to see how he goes...

Hall is a CB player everyone clearly wants to see break through. More highly rated than even Wombats dog. But I don’t think Staj will break up the current CB pairing until someone has had either back to back shockers or it’s injury/fitness related.

So I’m just hoping Staj can tweak it and Clisby and Rowles can continue to improve enough that it isn’t an obvious Achilles heel for us anymore,

Last edited:

onto it

Need to sort the defence out which was solid early but copping 2 goals a game is going to end in tears. We had those banks fo 4 that was working an absolute treat but with the growing confidence this has been a less consistent focus.

Otherwise theres no reason we cant get revenge
A little too slow to close the gap between the two banks of four at times, along with the lack of understanding of which centre back should come off the line to shut down the interlopers, in my opinion. Though I do think this will improve in time as the lads play together more.

Forum Phoenix

A little too slow to close the gap between the two banks of four at times, along with the lack of understanding of which centre back should come off the line to shut down the interlopers, in my opinion. Though I do think this will improve in time as the lads play together more.
Yeah I agree. Again I think fatigue probably takes the lion share of the blame of it.

As to who comes off the line, Ruon goes without thinking as soon as he sees an issue, but he is a few years older so looks like he’s reading it better. But Rowles is less sure, maybe Ruon has to prompt him.

Last edited:

true believer

Nizzy!

i reckon the guy that benefits the most when nizzy is on , is dds .
it's seems to cause even more confusion between the lines for opponents .
i think that could hand urena a few clear cut chances and some goals to savior .

pjennings

i reckon the guy that benefits the most when nizzy is on , is dds .
it's seems to cause even more confusion between the lines for opponents .
i think that could hand urena a few clear cut chances and some goals to savior .
He also gets so many intercepts and diffuses problems before they occur as we go from likely defence to attack. The two comeback goals only came after Nizzy was on the field. The double change of the strikers the other day had done nothing much for 15 minutes - then Nizzy is on and we score 2 quickly and continue to look likely to score.

Ironbark

I don't think it's gambling if we're 2 nil up and the opponent hasn't taken the strike, I think blooding good player builds confidence and match fitness.
I just think staj is holding off until mid year to release a few more of the players on the pitch, the good coaches always hold a little back, e.g. Arnie with Ollie. He played a few halfs in the championship run, but was let loose in the GF with devistating results.
Hall will get his shot through NT commitments, injuries, cards and rotation etc. The squad is well balanced for this and I don't think we'll have too many players not get a shot and develop

Holy

Hey All
Link below takes you to get tickets at discounted price:

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/event/1300598AAC6B5A62?did=marinersoffer

See you all in Western Grandstand Section F

ALSO - Buses are going down. Got the coach available or the party bus with Shaun!
Follow the link below to book on!.

If you don't make the bus we are aiming to get to Illawarra Steelers for 2pm so meet us there for some food and drink before the game :)

Thanks Ian, just got mine. See you Sunday

turbo

I wouldn’t be surprised to see our game or the roar Jets game moved to fill the Saturday arvo FTA slot with VIc quarantine looking to knock out WU and City from playing

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred