• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Nix Away Match Week 8

Insertnamehere

I think we’d be fairly toothless without him. He has been outstanding this season and Staj has simplified his movements and harnessing his skill.
Really impressed with him this year
Agree. Someone has cracked the code this year. I was guilty of calling the next Hoole last year.

scottmac

Suspended
OK. Anyone else think we dont need Janota and he is simply keeping Niz out of the side? He adds very little except a weakness down the right hand side
Nah. He's got obvious quality but he's just talking longer than Urena to show it. I can't see him keeping Nizzy out of the side for any longer though. Nizz to start against the pissants and reduce Janota to a sub for foreseeable future

Michael

OK. Anyone else think we dont need Janota and he is simply keeping Niz out of the side? He adds very little except a weakness down the right hand side

couldnt disagree more.
People are so quick to shoot down Urena and Janota and we’ve only seen jankovic for 4minutes
How can anyone forget they got here basically the week of round 1 and had to quarantine. whilst the rest of the lads got the usual massive pre season in and the fitness levels have gone up a gear now.
Janota and Urena’s pure ability (more so Janota) is up there on paper with the best foreigners we’ve ever had imo.
Be f**king patient people, let them get fully match fit and sharp and then have at it.
Staj would’ve been stoked to get 75mins into Urena and perhaps hes being more careful with Janota hence the half time sub.
The plan is clearly to have them firing by the business end of this season and whilst we can make 5 subs there is no issue in how Staj is running it right now.

Holy

Finally home, great day out and job done.

To steal your song @RECKY

Another 3 points today, another happy day.

Big shoutout to the boys up the back leading the chanting and to everyone who travelled.

Loved the get on your feet for the Mariners chant for the no fun police benefit.

DDS got through a enormous amount of work today and gets my MOM, just in front of Ollie and Ruon who I think has been our most improved player this season, and someone I’ve enjoyed watching grow each game.

Melange

I'm a bit like the confused Beau with Nigro, sitting on a park bench with my flower, picking the petals one by one... I love him, I love him not, I love him, I love him not!

Today he was very hot and cold. Still happy to have him as a starter, I think he's much more good than bad, but thought today was a good chance to gauge Dan Hall rather then bring on Miller. I'm assuming it's cause Dan's a lefty.

Ozhammer

If Janota is so underdone, then Nizzy should be starting in truth.

Nizzy is supposedly carrying a knock but I couldn’t see any obvious evidence of that when he came on, so surely it can’t be terribly serious.

I will be disappointed if he doesn’t start against Adelaide, as he really made a difference in the second half today.

Michael

If Janota is so underdone, then Nizzy should be starting in truth.

Nizzy is supposedly carrying a knock but I couldn’t see any obvious evidence of that when he came on, so surely it can’t be terribly serious.

I will be disappointed if he doesn’t start against Adelaide, as he really made a difference in the second half today.

There’s also the factor that Urena and Janota are 99% likely to be our highest paid players to go along with their ability, so we need to use them to get them going.

Again, it’s just another wonderful conundrum to have. And shows how incredibly well we’re travelling at the minute. We’re arguing whether our high quality imports are stealing minutes from our excellent youth lads.

Ironbark

Wait, we play Adelaide next (Friday) then Wellington again on the Sunday two days later. Is that right?
In theory points can be taken from both - and ideally wins - but that's a tight turnaround

midfielder

Aside from the opening 10 minutes we were the better side...

Combinations starting to come together ...

As an aside, Matty, DDS, Rowles, Ruon, Clisby, Nissy, Stens.... are in career best form... gotta dip your lid to the coaching staff...

Maybe hhhhmmmm considers ... hhhmmm aarrrrrr yer I think I am right for arguably the first time in his professional career including under Arnold Matty is playing more with his brain than his heart...

Pirate Pete

Wait, we play Adelaide next (Friday) then Wellington again on the Sunday two days later. Is that right?
In theory points can be taken from both - and ideally wins - but that's a tight turnaround
Wellington are playing WSW next Sunday. We only have Adelaide next week.

Aside from the opening 10 minutes we were the better side...

Combinations starting to come together ...

As an aside, Matty, DDS, Rowles, Ruon, Clisby, Nissy, Stens.... are in career best form... gotta dip your lid to the coaching staff...

Maybe hhhhmmmm considers ... hhhmmm aarrrrrr yer I think I am right for arguably the first time in his professional career including under Arnold Matty is playing more with his brain than his heart...
Yes, Matty has been immense in the last few games.
I said to someone today I would have got rid of him after the first couple of games.
Complete 180.

Forum Phoenix

No that’s not right. We play AU then have a week off or so before we play Wanderers again I believe,

Pirate Pete

Hasn’t it already been identified that they were obligate to respond to a covid protocol breach? Silly as it is,

Sorry TB but it’s massive and ugly assumption to put a racial motivation around something like this without evidence.
They don't seem to worry about Covid breaches at Macarthur.
The WSW fans were going off last week.
And the Mac fans last Friday. Not a copper in sight.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred