• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM vs Nix Away Match Week 8

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
Well, that was alright by the boys , to be fair we shoulda had possibly a 3 or 4-0 score line except that fkn upright got in NizzMonstas way ....I reckon my top 3 were
Olly MoM
Marcos U
and a toss up between Stens and Simmo .....it seemed to me at points that Welligong didn’t want to win or Uffy told them to treat all all of us like Sonic the day before the wedding (flashback) ...and what the f**k were NSW finest having a goddam gripe about , it’s not like the Yarmy were chucking flares FFS...anyway , the next 3 games are gonna be interesting and here’s to NizzMonsta befuddling a shot stopper sooner rather than later ...although if he can hang on till a home game that would be good , cause the pop will be humongous if he gets his first goal at Palmtree Oval

Huddo

Who cares that
Fair enough I just think an arse kicking was there for the taking and while confidence is already high it would have been a bit of statement.
Especially with our squad depth

I think the missed shots will have be a positive impact , refocus the forwards, if they should have had 6 and only got the 2, the forwards will be looking for more.

FFC Mariner

OK. Anyone else think we dont need Janota and he is simply keeping Niz out of the side? He adds very little except a weakness down the right hand side

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

What a game - for the lads to come in with confidence has, I think, really done a lot for them. I think this was an important game.

Yes we should have won by 3 or 4 - and one of the key things you see with a premiership/championship side is that they more reliably convert the chances we had tonight. But to put it in perspective, before the season we had no idea where our goals are coming from. We're only going to get better - Urena is only STARTING to look good. Nizzy, I think once he opens his account he'll put a few away. Janota..well, hoping he figures out how to gel. But unlike previous seasons, we can actually see where we expect our improvement to come from.

So yes, in order to maintain our position on top (and seriously....who imagined THAT would even have been a consideration) we should be punishing the keeper a bit more with some of the chance we had - but that's fine; I think that will come.

We were all over Nix this match, and that's what's important. Top effort.

capauau

OK. Anyone else think we dont need Janota and he is simply keeping Niz out of the side? He adds very little except a weakness down the right hand side
I disagree. He is getting better in his distribution and is one of the first to get back and help in defending. He is also saying a lot on the field every time we see him in closeup on TV . His experience helps keep our shape in attack and defence

Forum Phoenix

For mine he does not look match fit or seem to be reading the play and his team mates well enough yet. I think he has quality, so im happy to have him still, but for me Nizz’s output and impact at present is pretty obviously superior.

Josho Howe

What a great away day. If you said pre-season we'd be top by 4 points after round 8 l would've said you were deluded. Amazing start.

Big ups to everyone who travelled down. Great stadium and a roof that helped us make plenty of noise.

Come on you yellows

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred