• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v VIctory 4th Jan

Brighty

Must say, I really hope Matty reads this thread!!

I've never really rated him as a striker, more a goal poacher. He always seems to be there for the tap in or nod in, BUT this year he's seemed to come to life under Arnie... holding it up more... playing someone else through, shooting outside the box.... his game & mind set seems to just be in the right place now..... and tonight.... HIS NIGHT.... he really shone!!! Massive props to him though... HE IS Mariners through and through without a doubt and bleeds for this club. If his effort was matched by every other player in the team.... no one could touch us!! Such a fitting send off for a great local talent... I can only wish him all the best in his future in Korea

Glad to see him off on such a high note.... 2 goals and an absolute stand up performance. Thanks to Arnie for giving him the chance to soak up the STANDING OVATION he thouroughly deserved. :thumbup:

On another note.... Sainsbury..... well..... there were the doubters.... but he really held his own and showed he can stand up when the job needs to be done. Big congrats to him!! ;)

Lastly.... I'd hate to be a MV supporter... HK really seemed like a lazy has been tonight :vhappy:

style_cafe

An immense game tonight with a fabulous crowd,the atmosphere was awesome...

It couldn`t have worked out better if Matty had written the script himself,a goal in the first 30seconds & a goal at the end,with a great game in between.

There really wasn`t a bad performace for us tonight.All players rose to the occasion with a solid team effort.It showed what depth we really have when Ibini & Amini were left sitting on the bench.

The starting line-up was a bit of a surprise but Arnie played his cards well & Dutchy must be hoping he gets his spot back on the weekend.

Ryan 7.5 - supreme confidence in his own ability.
Bojic 7 - I nearly fell off my seat when he actually got into the box.A much improved effort on the GC game
Sainsbury 7.5 - his best game in the top team.An outstanding performance that made HK switch sides.
Wilko 8 - The signing of Dutchy was the best thing that has happened to Wilko.He has learnt so much from him & now plays with so much more poise & confidence
Rose 7 - still not quite their yet but once Olly starts firing Rose should hit top form
Hutcho 7.5- he actually did quite well today with some good passes out of defence & some desperate tackles
Weemac 7.5- had a great game with some good attacking runs & linked well with the front men
Olly 7.5 - when he keeps it simple he`s a much better player great effort.
McBreen 7- worked hard but I wish he would just pass the ball.His shooting is embarrassing sometimes.
Hearfield 7- had a very good game.Worked hard with Matty,set up the first goal & thouroughly deserved a starting spot.
Matty 8- A dream performance leading to the interval in his Mariner`s career.

Bernie- the welcome he received would put any young player on cloud 9.Worked hard ,created some good chances & hit the post.
Amini- the lead up to his shot was sensational.He`s looking every bit as good as Perez
BP- not much of a chance with limited field time.He looked a lot bigger than his earlier games.

Harry Kewell- I thought he worked hard with very limited support. His footwork was awesome to watch & the sweat was dripping off him unlike a lot of his team-mates.

Special kudos once again to bay 16 you guys sang your hearts out & created the best atmosphere so far this year...thanks to each & every one of you :thumbup:

Kareem

slept in (in egypt) and missed the game damn :p
anyone have a link for a torrent?
I've tried googling before, but I can never find them...
(streams on the other hand are easy)
I just did a google search and found mariners vs victory from 2 years ago lol

Roy Law

It was dark and cold as I sat at the kitchen table in Cambridgeshire, almost 17,000 kms from Bluetongue, but the atmosphere from this game came pouring out of my laptop, lightening the gloom. What a night! You could touch the atmosphere. And what a send off by, and for, Matty Simon. I was hoping for an early goal to stop Melbourne parking the bus and Matty delivered, thanks to great hustle by Hearfield. I was worried when I saw Sainsbury’s name on the sheet but when I saw Arnie had rested Musti and Bernie I knew he trusted Sainsbury. And he was right, after a little time to adjust to the pace of the A league, he grew in confidence and played the second half with real authority – helped by great leadership from Wilko who encouraged him to play his own game. Melbourne are gifted but they are old and slow and towards the end of the first half they tired noticeably; I knew we would run them down in the second half. They can look at a couple of might have beens but the Mariners poured through on the break and 2-0 flattered the visitors.
When Bojic cruelled a great opportunity for a cross to Hearfield early on I groaned but he was immense throughout, a one-man tidal wave, bombing up and down the touchline like an Olympic swimmer doing laps. He and magic Micky McGlinchey tore Melbourne to shreds down their left hand side although I doubt McGlinchey’s girlfriend would ever worry if he was to enter a brothel! I liked the work of Hutch, he has been a revelation since coming back from China, putting real pressure on Bozanic and filling in admirably for Griffiths. Rose and Bozanic still have more to offer – I guess teams are more prepared for them – but they still looked dangerous and you couldn’t fault the effort. McBreen utterly failed his audition to replace Simon as a striker but still looks a good professional squad member while Hearfield was a real livewire: quick, skilful and enthusiastic. When Bernie came on he gave the side a great lift with his pace and directness forcing a good save from Covic and then unlucky to hit the post. You have to question why teams give Musti the ball thirty yards out from goal! What a great attempt, so unlucky.
But the man of the match was Matty Simon who gave us the full repertoire of his skills and abilities with two goals, great leading of the line and unremitting work rate in sapping conditions. A true Mariners legend.
Special mention to Arnie who got it right, again: great use of the squad and terrific show of faith in all his players esp. Sainsbury.
And finally a mention of Harry Kewell: it is a pleasure to watch a master at work, even if he is at the end of his career. We soccer savants appreciate the sureness of his first touch, the way he brings others into the game, his awareness of everything around him, the way he intelligently uses his body to win the ball, and to shield the ball.

awaba

top night also pleased to see another young talent start to make the step up in Sainsbury.

brought a few people along for their first live football match who will be back. The passion and feeling on the night, brilliant.

marinermick

Awsum
Strategic move by arnie to rest amini and abini for first 60 odd mins
Means they will be fresh for Sunday
It all about the whole squad not just 2 players
Simon for P.M.

This.

Proper man management of young players to lessen their risk of injury.

Both pulled up sore after the Gold Coast game.

Muppet

This is one of those defining games, not for necessarily for the scoreline but more so for what it means off the park. 2 games in a row we have had a decent crowd come through the gates with an upcoming Jets game to follow. That means a slight easing of the financial pressures on the club.

As a result of Matt's departure and his fairytale finish I believe it had placed a lot of goodwill into the community. Of all the games which were played on Big Wednesday the one game that everyone was left talking about was the Mariners Victory game and the manner of Matt's last game.

Surely, surely we are now going to get some decent crowds turning up on a regular basis. 11 games undefeated, 6 points clear at the top of the table. If you are going to come out of the woodwork and support the team now is the time to do so!

And who (excpet a Victory Supporter) could not be happy with the way Matt has bowed out. The feeling from the crowd was something to behold and encapsulates what Matt means to the club. Safe travels Matt and hope to see you back here after your overseas career.

scottmac

Suspended
Interesting from Arnie in the post match that he said he had the funds available to bring in a top quality striker for the remainder of the season if he needed to.

bikinigirl

This.

Proper man management of young players to lessen their risk of injury.

Both pulled up sore after the Gold Coast game.

. also placed a very experienced team on the park which may have helped to comfort sainsbury

. plus it probably took the sting out of their midfield

. well played arnie

bikinigirl

Interesting from Arnie in the post match that he said he had the funds available to bring in a top quality striker for the remainder of the season if he needed to.

. didn't see the interview so i don't know the context ... but perhaps this was also a sneaky way of saying he doesn't think he needs one

MrCelery

Awesome work by Arnie tonight.

Takes a brave coach to drop Bernie and Musty when you've just lost Patrick and Rostyn to suspension/injury.

But the tactics were brilliant. The team play likewise. What a well-oiled machine Arnie has produced.

It was one of the most enjoyable games I've had the pleasure to watch. MV played their part in making it a tense game, but Kewell & Co were no match for our boys.

Credit to Bay 16 vocal supporters (both sets) for adding to the drama and atmosphere. The only blot being the chanting of "Turnbull out" during Matty Simon's farewell presentation. Very disrespectful, not only to Turnbull, but to Matty as well. And whatever you think of Turnbull, the fact that you enjoyed such a spectacle last night, is because he and others keep the Club afloat.

This is without doubt the best squad\coaching staff the Mariners have ever had. The Board, despite their money worries, should be given credit for this.

Finally, a big magnificent farewell for Matty Simon. What a fitting way to finish, and what a legacy he leaves behind.

Atomic

I'm in New York at the moment. It's driving me nuts trying to find highlights of yesterday's game. I can't view The World Game content in this region. Can anyone help?

elevated position

Best game at Bluetounge. Perfect script for matt and now partrick has a problem for a new contract by the name of Sainsbury.

MOM Matt
But ten points to Hutch for his sheep dog impersonation on Hernandez.

The only disapointing part of the night was Matt Ryans refusal to stop getting his photo taken and join his team mates in the tunnel.

scottmac

Suspended
. didn't see the interview so i don't know the context ... but perhaps this was also a sneaky way of saying he doesn't think he needs one
He most definitly said he was trusting in his players and that Kwas was now 100% fit, but also said if he needed to bring in a top quality striker for 4 months he could. I just found that strange after all the non payment stories and such.

bikinigirl

He most definitly said he was trusting in his players and that Kwas was now 100% fit, but also said if he needed to bring in a top quality striker for 4 months he could. I just found that strange after all the non payment stories and such.

. easy enough to say, especially if he has no intention of buying

MrCelery

try fox sports

Fox Sports has the same region restrictions, as I found out to my disappointment earlier this year.

Atomic, go to my YouTube page instead. I've put the Fox Sports clip there. Might not be there for long though. If gone, and you can cope with a 15mb file let me know and I'll send it to you personally.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMun0soAlY

Kareem

i'd absolutely love a couple of mariners press conferances...i can always find highlights. But unfortunately the bloody post-match conferances are on foxtel which is region restrictive!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred