• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v VIctory 4th Jan

shipwreck

Big crowd with the Kewell factor, lots of the NYE bandwagoners will show up for this so I'm tipping 12k

Mariners to take it out 1-0, worried about Kewell raping sainsbury tho..

Fishsdad

Does anyone have team news?

Is Sainsbury a definite or just likely to replace Zwaanzwijk? (Pretty big shoes to fill - lots of pressure).

Does anyone have any news on Rostyn G?

true believer

harry bloody who . fire up, for matty simon,local hero's, last game for the great club.

00044019-leadimage.jpg

Ted

I'm hoping Griffo is fit enough and can fill in for Dutchy, have a feeling we will leak goals if he is not available

Deej

If fit Griffiths will start IMO, hutch will continue in the middle.

A liitle concerned at this game, Victory don't have a bad record at Bluetongue!

Jesus

Jesus
We could have beat them by 6 last time but they held out for the draw.

As long as we dont play a high line i am not worried about them, especially if Griff is back.

The boys and crowd hopefully will lift for Simon

kevrenor

Central Coast Mariners v Melbourne Victory

Venue: Bluetongue Stadium
Local kick-off: 7:45pm
Referees: Peter Green; Lance Greenshields / Sarah Ho; Kurt Ams

Head-to-Head: All matches (played 19): Central Coast Mariners wins 6, Melbourne Victory wins 8 (5 draws)

Central Coast Mariners squad: 1. Mathew Ryan (Gk), 2. Daniel Mcbreen, 3. Joshua Rose, 4. Pedj Bojic, 5. Brad Porter, 7. John Hutchinson, 8. Rostyn Griffiths, 9. Bernie Ibini, 11. Oliver Bozanic, 12. Troy Hearfield, 14. Michael Mcglinchey, 16. Trent Sainsbury, 18. Alex Wilkinson (C), 19. Matt Simon, 20. Justin Pasfield, 22. Mustafa Amini *One To Be Omitted*

In: 5. Brad Porter (Promoted), 8. Rostyn Griffiths (Returns From Injury)
Out: 6. Patrick Zwaanswijk (Suspended – 1 Match)
Unavailable: Nil

Melbourne Victory squad: 2. Matthew Foschini, 3. Fabio, 4. Petar Franjic, 6. Leigh Broxham, 7. Matthew Kemp, 8. Grant Brebner, 9. Jean Carlos Solorzano, 10. Archie Thompson, 11. Marco Rojas, 12. Rodrigo Vargas, 13. Diogo Ferreira, 14. Billy Celeski, 15. Tom Pondeljak, 16.Carlos Hernandez, 17, Jimmy Jeggo, 18. Danny Allsopp, 19. Isaka Cernak , 20. Lawrence Thomas (GK), 21. Ante Covic (GK), 22. Harry Kewell, 23. Adrian Leijer (c) *six to be omitted*

In: 9. Jean Carlos Solorzano, 11. Marco Rojas, 17, Jimmy Jeggo, 15. Tom Pondeljak, 7. Matthew Kemp (promoted), 23. Adrian Leijer (returns from injury)
Out: Nil
Unavailable: 1.Tando Velaphi (stress fracture)

style_cafe

As long as we keep Archie quiet,we`ll do ok.
If we give him an inch he`ll kill us.

This will be a good test for Wilko too.Without Dutchy he`ll really have to take control at the back & guide us from there.

I haven`t heard any advertising for the game so I`m tipping around the 8000 mark.I hope I`m wrong & we get a lot more. :rolleyes:

I hope Peter Green has a good game too.

Wombat

Just had dinner at gee kwong in Gosford and happy to report a lot of yellow about town already...so tipping a decent crowd.
My daughter just got bus back from terrigal and said about 15 victory fans got on her bus so a few Victorians on the manor as well!

Bex

What a brilliant result for the Mariners and for Matt Simon. Also enjoyed Matt's ovation - a fitting tribute to a guy that personifies the Mariners' spirit.

Brighty

Just had dinner at gee kwong in Gosford and happy to report a lot of yellow about town already...so tipping a decent crowd.
My daughter just got bus back from terrigal and said about 15 victory fans got on her bus so a few Victorians on the manor as well!

Game man eating at Gee Kwong's.... been there before..... never again. And by that, I mean check there are some bad reviews on them from a hygiene and cleanliness perspective.

bikinigirl

. damn near perfect night tonight ... only needed a hatrick for matty and a couple of those balls to turn in off the post

. impressed with the number of fans that stayed to give the big guy a decent send-off ... very emotional stuff

. but it was a huge effort by the whole squad tonight ... hopefully it will encourage a continuation of the crowds we have seen

Wombat

Good win against a really badly coached side.

Arnie took a big gamble with his team set up and he could have ended up looking like a goose but he got away with it and you have too take your hat off to him because no other coach in HAL would have the confidence to drop or rest two of his gun players against a supposedly dangerous team like Victory.

Ryan 8. Superb all night.
Bojic 7. Good effort. Couple of appalling crosses but did his job at both ends of the park.
Rose 7. Looked shaky early and his linking with Olly was poor but really improved and played well.
Wilko 8. Looked like Dutchy he was that composed. In rare form ATM.
Sainsbury 7.5. Impressed. A bit loose in first five minutes but after that excellent.
Weemac 8.5. Top game and my MOM. Missed an open goal.
Hutcho 7. Good game.
McBreen 7. Really cannot score goals....so my idea of him replacing Simon is wrong. Still did some good things and distributes well but I,d have hooked him at 60min mark.
Olly 7.5. First 25mins he was poor and him and Rose were both culpable. Once he got into it he was excellent and really tormented them in 2nd half. Very lively and when him and WeeMac are driving forward things happen.
Simon 7.5. Dream ending for a champion bloke. Second goal was class and showed how far he has come. He will be sorely missed.
Hearfield 7. Great assist and decent game but not the answer as Bernie's strike partner.

Bernie 8. Should have been on at half time and we would have won 4.0.
Amini 7.5. Should have been on much much earlier.

Good win but we made hard work of it.

Bernie and Amini should always start for mine because we drop a level when they don't. Wilko really deserves the captains armband and plenty of accolades and exciting to see WeeMac and Olly starting to fire again.

Wombat

Game man eating at Gee Kwong's.... been there before..... never again. And by that, I mean check there are some bad reviews on them from a hygiene and cleanliness perspective.

Mate....reasonably clean by Asian standards (not Australian) and the food is always very tasty.

Probably eaten there 20+ times and never had a bad feed or felt ill after.

It definitely ain't flash but it is good tucker.

I'd be far more worried about the Curry house on the corner of Donnison st.

Golly

Awsum
Strategic move by arnie to rest amini and abini for first 60 odd mins
Means they will be fresh for Sunday
It all about the whole squad not just 2 players
Simon for P.M.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics