• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the Pearl Divers / the Red Louganis

Wombat

I lurked on the AU forum earlier today.General consensus that we deserved the win and that the penalties were justified so credit to their fans. Maybe they felt justice had been done following the first game.Remember we also outplayed them in that game but we couldn't beat Kurt Ams and the VAR idiot.
Ams was the VAR idiot. The Ref in the clown suit was Adam Fielding.

Wombat

I just watched the game on TV.

3pts Ruon
2pts Nigro
1pt Olli

Clisby was bloody good (apart from the Goal) although i know bay 16 love to bitch about him.

Sten has a decent second half. Him and Olli are not fun to play against.

I think Janota should be getting some minutes before Hatch and Casella. TBH he should start before Bouman but Bouman is a very decent player.............but Janota is our most technical player and he should be playing, especially against a tired defence.

pjennings

I just watched the game on TV.

3pts Ruon
2pts Nigro
1pt Olli

Clisby was bloody good (apart from the Goal) although i know bay 16 love to bitch about him.

Sten has a decent second half. Him and Olli are not fun to play against.

I think Janota should be getting some minutes before Hatch and Casella. TBH he should start before Bouman but Bouman is a very decent player.............but Janota is our most technical player and he should be playing, especially against a tired defence.
As a general rule I agree with you but not for the purpose on Thursday.

Casella and Hatch came on late. Hatch in particular was put out there to push back Adelaide. They could not afford to push forward too many because anything coming out was going to our speedsters Hatch or Kuol.

true believer

As a general rule I agree with you but not for the purpose on Thursday.

Casella and Hatch came on late. Hatch in particular was put out there to push back Adelaide. They could not afford to push forward too many because anything coming out was going to our speedsters Hatch or Kuol.
and theres the rub of speed at the pointy end

like this

TheresTheRub_WishboneAsh.jpg

Ironbark

Kuol would be a development buy for Stuttgart, and will go on loan or play reserves probably for a couple of years. Still pretty raw but a worthwhile gamble as a likely diamond in the rough

Allreet?

He's super fast and not a bad finisher for his age - playing against men - especially with his head.

I suspect he'll develop quickly. I'm also hoping this news will give him the confidence to go to a whole new level while we still have him.

onto it

Probably - but a lot of the people we carry on about in Australia, like Arzani, Mooy, McGree etc are a dime a dozen in Europe. Alou's point of difference is his speed and power - not his 'skill'.
Unfortunately there are a lot of kids in Europe with even more speed and power, and they also have massive football skillsets along with family and familiarity with the Euro scene. Alou should put in a couple of years here before he goes, in my view.
Stenz' peer Arzani, though injuries have played a part, was the wonder boy, with a far bigger skillset than Alou, but has failed to make an impact or get decent time on a pitch.
As they go higher, it just gets tougher.

true believer

Unfortunately there are a lot of kids in Europe with even more speed and power, and they also have massive football skillsets along with family and familiarity with the Euro scene. Alou should put in a couple of years here before he goes, in my view.
Stenz' peer Arzani, though injuries have played a part, was the wonder boy, with a far bigger skillset than Alou, but has failed to make an impact or get decent time on a pitch.
As they go higher, it just gets tougher.
arzani had a cruciate ligament go . never the same after that .

true believer

i read in the smh, that kuol . went to portugal and found, there were young kids better than him.
he realized that he needed first team football first .he seems a very smart lad and that could help us to hang on to him, a little longer .

Tevor

Just watched the replay, put my TV on sports mode and really enjoyed re-living the second half atmosphere.

it’s common for us to the have a
nervous first 10 mins and we did again with at least three poor passes and turnovers that could have ended badly.

Not Birraz’s best game actually his worst for the season so far, hopefully just a blip and the normal solid Birraz is back.

Its great when you know what happens in a game and gibberish the Fox numpties carrying one about.

So many good performances and everyone has mentioned them already, very important result for the club and could be the catalyst for a run of wins.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami