• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v the cow pats - Mudgee at home

FFC Mariner

I'm not sure how what adjustment can be done. After playing for so long, most of the decision making going into a tackle will be automatic based on past experience. There is little or no time to re-evaluate once committed to a challenge. Are you suggesting that he adjust his decisions on when and if to commit to a tackle? There are too many permutations to cover [opponent's position, velocity, foot positioning in relation to his and in relation to the balls position and velocity to be covered in training scenarios that would enable retraining the way he plays and challenges].
Also I dont get the idea that if after getting the ball first in a fifty fifty tackle you somehow have to factor in all possible outcomes, some of which may result in a soft red. A malicious or reckless foul is much easier to make a decision on, but fifty fifties are a big call. I'd hate to see one or both players back off and not contest fifty fifty balls because they are scared that it could result in a foul if their foot continued on and struck an opponents leg.
Careless or dangerous is purely subjective. If I make a tackle, get the ball but my follow through collects the player I am at best careless at worst reckless in certain circumstances.

Corsair

The Glory red was a fair call though. Despite the tin foil hat brigade on here none of ours get appealed either.
More the players than the refs
There could be no question that was a red, dirty bastard.

Studs up slide tackle is a red these days. DOGSO is more subjective if it's borderline, when these borderline calls seem to always go against you by a particular ref that's when the tinfoil hat comes out, especially now they have VAR to refer to and choose not to.

Hello Sailor

Careless or dangerous is purely subjective. If I make a tackle, get the ball but my follow through collects the player I am at best careless at worst reckless in certain circumstances.
True, but I'm talking about obvious two footed airborne studs up and paybacks.
In fifty fifties you cant predict what an opponent will do or where he will place his feet-you can only make a decision on your own positioning and movement- some of which is ingrained after years of repetition. My point is that if soft reds keep coming out for such tackles one result may be a hesitancy in challenging them and effectively allowing the opposition to win possession.

Corsair

Playing well every one in three games is too much of a luxury in our team, our budget and as an import.

Time to see if Theo can provide more consistency.
Probably should have been sold last season when there was apparently decent money aimed at him from overseas. He's good enough to play well every game but I agree he's blowing hot and cold this season. Wouldn't disagree with more time for Theo instead, not many matches remaining. We also have Moresche back this week.

Corsair

That was a much better stadium name, decent beer too! :pirashoot: ???

330368088_1984981781832772_2865179739695903825_n.jpg

Last edited:

pjennings

Just back from the match (and the wineries). If you go out to Mudgee for another game make the short trip to Rylstone to visit De Beaurepaire Wines.

We chose the 30 min (because we were running short of time - probably ended up being closer to 45 minutes) Tour De Vin run wine tasting with Richard De Beaurepaire (the owner). It was a great experience and the wine was excellent!!

Forum Phoenix

I'm not sure how what adjustment can be done. After playing for so long, most of the decision making going into a tackle will be automatic based on past experience. There is little or no time to re-evaluate once committed to a challenge. Are you suggesting that he adjust his decisions on when and if to commit to a tackle? There are too many permutations to cover [opponent's position, velocity, foot positioning in relation to his and in relation to the balls position and velocity to be covered in training scenarios that would enable retraining the way he plays and challenges].
Also I dont get the idea that if after getting the ball first in a fifty fifty tackle you somehow have to factor in all possible outcomes, some of which may result in a soft red. A malicious or reckless foul is much easier to make a decision on, but fifty fifties are a big call. I'd hate to see one or both players back off and not contest fifty fifty balls because they are scared that it could result in a foul if their foot continued on and struck an opponent.

You had me at permutations and velocity.

Be still Dibo’s beating heart.

Ironbark

Had to watch a replay of this game. Impressive saves from Kurto was the difference between a scoreline of 4 and a lot more.

We were lucky defending at times too though and a more precision team could have scored more against us.

Considering the players unavailable it was a pretty impressive showing. Great to have competition in so many positions. Some of those should start again despite returning players - Theo for example.

As an aside - I heard talk in previous weeks (not so much on here) of Cummings not having his shooting boots on lately and I call bs. He was cut off from service through poor connection from the mids/wings, then marked out as a lone striker in those games.
As soon as we provided him some service in this game he showed what he can do. And he was everywhere, worked his arse off, including deep in defence.

JoyfulPenguin

Had to watch a replay of this game. Impressive saves from Kurto was the difference between a scoreline of 4 and a lot more.

We were lucky defending at times too though and a more precision team could have scored more against us.

Considering the players unavailable it was a pretty impressive showing. Great to have competition in so many positions. Some of those should start again despite returning players - Theo for example.

As an aside - I heard talk in previous weeks (not so much on here) of Cummings not having his shooting boots on lately and I call bs. He was cut off from service through poor connection from the mids/wings, then marked out as a lone striker in those games.
As soon as we provided him some service in this game he showed what he can do. And he was everywhere, worked his arse off, including deep in defence.
Fully agree, our tactial tinkerings left him completely isolated with absolutely no service.

We also asked him to play a role he is not capable of. The cumdingo is agile but not actually quick in a straight line. Prior to the Bulls we have expected him to burn players with pace via long balls in the channel.

Jerem

Also I dont get the idea that if after getting the ball first in a fifty fifty tackle you somehow have to factor in all possible outcomes, some of which may result in a soft red. A malicious or reckless foul is much easier to make a decision on, but fifty fifties are a big call. I'd hate to see one or both players back off and not contest fifty fifty balls because they are scared that it could result in a foul if their foot continued on and struck an opponent.
sure but at his age surely he can understand he is not also a wind puppet at a used car dealer with arms all over the place. this he can surely change

Jerem

Just back from the match (and the wineries). If you go out to Mudgee for another game make the short trip to Rylstone to visit De Beaurepaire Wines.

We chose the 30 min (because we were running short of time - probably ended up being closer to 45 minutes) Tour De Vin run wine tasting with Richard De Beaurepaire (the owner). It was a great experience and the wine was excellent!!
or a beer at the Lue pub too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami