• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

ccm v nix rd5 go ahead thread ;)

FFC Mariner

If you don't score when you are on top you get done.
Sadly, same MO as the Wanderers, undone down the right.
Staj got his selection wrong IMHO. Bouman was a training cone on the right and we were completely unbalanced.
24 shots for 1 goal says everything.
Nix aren't rubbish and we will play worse and win.
On to Wednesday.
Oh and Mattys trap 2nd half?
Oooof

Wombat

If you don't score when you are on top you get done.
Sadly, same MO as the Wanderers, undone down the right.
Staj got his selection wrong IMHO. Bouman was a training cone on the right and we were completely unbalanced.
24 shots for 1 goal says everything.
Nix aren't rubbish and we will play worse and win.
On to Wednesday.
Oh and Mattys trap 2nd half?
Oooof

Was so sweet, I thought he was a Brazillian!

Ancient Mariner

Just got home, nice and dry. Wombat, you really must move up in the world.;)
I will want to watch the replay, but a couple of first impressions.
Nux out enthused us in the first half. It reminded me of Roar in the old days. After our equaliser we did it to them.
Our right side was not good. Nigro was lost without Nizzy and Bouman is not a wing sub. Must be either Casella or Janota in future.
Love Matty's enthusiasm, but he is not taking his chances. Urena to start next game.
On Sotirio's goal. He showed his greater experience in rolling Nigro. However, and this may be controversial, I yelled keeper but Birra did not come. Danny would have swept it. I will reserve judgement untilI see it again. Not a capital offence, especially in the wet.
Disappointed in the result but not the performance. Welly are a well coached final six team, we were better. We will be there at the playoffs.
Oh, until I watch the replay my MOM was Olly in front of Tonyik.

shipwreck

Bouman must carve it up at training. The way he was talking on the podcast suggested he thought the only thing keeping him out of the starting line up was an injury he picked up...

Big Al

And that cost us the game Big Al. Always listen to Wombat. Bouman was pretty average. Jonata is on a different level to most of our team looking at that Cameo.
Yeah he didn’t play as well as he had been coming off the bench. Thought he’d offer more.
Would definitely like to see more of Jonata. Give him at least 30mins on Wednesday.

Big Al

Nux out enthused us in the first half. It reminded me of Roar in the old days. After our equaliser we did it to them.
Our right side was not good. Nigro was lost without Nizzy and Bouman is not a wing sub. Must be either Casella or Janota in future.
Love Matty's enthusiasm, but he is not taking his chances. Urena to start next game.
On Sotirio's goal. He showed his greater experience in rolling Nigro. However, and this may be controversial, I yelled keeper but Birra did not come. Danny would have swept it. I will reserve judgement untilI see it again. Not a capital offence, especially in the wet.
Disappointed in the result but not the performance. Welly are a well coached final six team, we were better. We will be there at the playoffs.
Nigro was certainly hoping Birra would come and in hindsight he should of. Boz said he took two steps then stopped. When you look where Sitiro won the ball Birra could have cut it off but great pass into the zone of confusion

Corsair

Great to watch a live game again.

Worst refereeing I've seen in a long time.

We were ripped off and ripped ourselves off. Def should have won and i think would have in the dry.

Oli MoM for me, DDS second.

A zillion chances and a very impressive work rate but you don't score you don't win.

marinermick

Great to watch a live game again.

Worst refereeing I've seen in a long time.

We were ripped off and ripped ourselves off. Def should have won and i think would have in the dry.

Oli MoM for me, DDS second.

A zillion chances and a very impressive work rate but you don't score you don't win.

DDS played a very mature role tonight. Had to do bucket loads of defending.

Tevor

Looking forward to watching the replay, I think it was on both Nigro and Birra and I said to my wife with 10 to go this has got a late goal loss feeling. We dominated them in the second half and needed a goal but things just didn’t fall our way. They hustled us well for the first 30 and then run out of juice. Our passing and possession was the poorest it’s been all season in the first 30.

My take is Casella was decent when he come on and did some good defending. Urena, I like him. He came looking for it more and he is a hard nut so I look forward to him becoming more accustom to our conditions. Janota, WOW can’t wait to see him get some more time.

Will be interesting to see the teams for Wednesday and Sunday, will be a good chance for others to get some good game time. I do like how Staj has kept the winning team consistent but surely the next two games will have to be mixed up more.

Wombat

I will invite you into my corporate box once I stop being a man of the people Rod.

Ironbark

Bouman is a good player but in the wrong position and wasn't on his best form either tonight. We're used to seeing Niz in that spot doing very different work.

Jonata - very skilled and fast reader of the game. Honestly he, Stens, Ollie and co are going to create some magic this season.
How do we fit Niz and Jonata into the same side? I think they would combine amazingly... but are playing the same position

Ancient Mariner

Bouman is a good player but in the wrong position and wasn't on his best form either tonight. We're used to seeing Niz in that spot doing very different work.

Jonata - very skilled and fast reader of the game. Honestly he, Stens, Ollie and co are going to create some magic this season.
How do we fit Niz and Jonata into the same side? I think they would combine amazingly... but are playing the same position
I do not think they are competing. I do not see Nizz as a winger more a midfielder. I would really like to see him as an creative AM. He just needs to develop a killer shot and he could be our Messi.

Wombat

Jonata looks superior to everyone in our squad. Him and Birras go on the team sheet and we fill in from there. TBH we have so much talent in the final third, players like Boumann and Casilla, who are both very good players, will only get Cameos from now on.

booney

Bouman not a wide player-is better as an AM.Casella looked lively and Janota has excellent technique and should be an asset.Urena tried to be involved and certainly should be given more time in the next couple of games.

And yes Matty's trapping of the hard hit pass out to him on the left wing was technically perfect-ole,ole,ole.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb