• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM v Newcastle Jets 23rd Dec

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

looked like he had a toe offside to me. Again, no real look at that from the commentators or VAR, same as last week.
That goal was coming for a while...

Insertnamehere

Hoole. Drop him. Bye bye end of year.
Weemac was good today. Alot of work off the ball
Simon's best game.
O'Neill needs to do more up the pitch.
Pain and Millar excellent as has been the case so often this yr
Golec and Rowles ok. But no comms.
Clisby kinda nowhere again.
Shabow ok for first start.
Pearce nowhere. Bye bye. Take BK with you.

Big Al

One foreigner today he’s just as useless as the rest of them and should not have been signed

Last edited:

Big Al

It’s funny how halftime can ruin your momentum. We had them rattled and where up for it second half we lost our bite

Big Al

Pain why did you shoot so early and to the side the keeper had covered?

Couple more dribbles and near post was open. Cost us the game that moment

style_cafe

King's incredible inconsistency with what's a card and what isn't.... f**k me dead.

Boogaard should've arguably been sent at HT, and how the tackle on Millar earlier in the half wasn't a yellow is beyond me

I didn`t have a problem with kings initial decision making,but like you said the inconsistencies with the cards were absolutely mind numbing.
Our players carded (and rightly so) but Newcastle players,for similar or worse fouls got nothing!
It`s bloody infuriating as our players then tend to pull out of tackles for fear of another yellow.
If Shaun doesn`t blow up about this with the Referee`s / FFA then he`s lost me. :popcorn:

Tevor

Best we've played so far. Yet still not good enough.
This precisely sums up our season, that’s the best we’ve got and every other team will still manage to beat us. At 60 mins I thought to myself we will lose this game. You could see the momentum swing and after Pain missed it was all over and we are a team who does not know how to win or have a player who can orchestrate one. What a piss poor Mariners crowd for a derby. By the end of the season there will be lucky to be 3,000 turn up. I’m not wearing my shirt to games until we start winning. Just going to go and enjoy a game of football, gutted we are so bad.

turbo

Classic mariners - just enough to give us hope before reality comes crashing in.

Last week MM said he was about giving youth a go and then starts 2 of our 3 oldest players :-| Simon did well with the goal but I still wonder about the opportunity cost of starting him. It feels like we need to shoehorn them in at the cost of proper change.

Newcastle looked more likely to score and had more decent chances so I’d say the result was fair.

Lastly I dropped in to bay 16 in the second half while we were still 1-0 up. I know one of the guys that’s been trying to take up the mantle so I thought I’d lend my voice. It was a depressing experience with the guys up front left hanging and often a group at the back just doing their own (Quite negative) thing. I don’t know who’s who and haven’t earned my say but perhaps the people in that bay need to have a good think about what they want to happen in future. I’ve done the leadership when no one else wants it thing for other clubs (non football) and it gets old super fast. Most people don’t want to put their hand up that’s understandable but help the guys out.
The was a bloke in front of me in bay 16 cheering when Newcastle scored both goals, zero consequence or reaction. Wasn’t even wearing a mariners jersey. Could you imagine trying that in the RBB, jets away bays or the cove?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred