• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Supporters Trust

priorpeter

Why has it fallen to you Mark to finally bring us some details of this initiative after 3 weeks??

Surely the CLUB needs to step up. What word are we to spread, when the engagement has been close to zero. No message and no pitch?

The club should have limited, if any, involvement in promoting this at this stage.
These things don’t happen overnight and the founder of the trust has been busy over the last 2.5 weeks dealing with lawyers, accountants, and strategists to get this right since the news initially broke of a trust being formed.
This has to be done right - not quickly or half baked - and as I mentioned earlier in the week, things will start to ramp up very soon - including pitch/prospectus documents coming shortly. Before all that, there will be a survey going out to those who registered their interest on the landing page.
There was a half decent podcast released about it yesterday too; if you feel that word needs to be spread, then perhaps that’s a good start :) #shamelessplug

Last edited:

Ozhammer

Why has it fallen to you Mark to finally bring us some details of this initiative after 3 weeks??

Surely the CLUB needs to step up. What word are we to spread, when the engagement has been close to zero. No message and no pitch?
This is not a club initiative Jim, so they need to be hands off and I know that Mark B and others are covering a lot of other stuff, so I thought I would try to fill the information void a little hopefully without stepping on anyone’s toes.

Wombat

This is not a club initiative Jim, so they need to be hands off and I know that Mark B and others are covering a lot of other stuff, so I thought I would try to fill the information void a little hopefully without stepping on anyone’s toes.

Ok. I understand.

Exciting times ahead.

turbo

Interesting detail here: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bir...rlesworth-continues-search-for-mariners-buyer

“The Supporters Trust are looking at 2,500 people investing $500 each, which is feasible out of a membership base of 6000,” explained CEO Shaun Mielekamp.

“That raises you $1.2 million which is between 10 and 20 per cent of the club, and assures the club stays on the coast.

“And you’d then have a further investment of $200 per person a year which would generate another $500,000 towards the playing roster, that’s what they’re suggesting.

“The ongoing contribution would take the club from the floor ($1.7 million) to the cap ($2.1 million) and help purchase a marquee signing.”

Two things jump out there. I don’t like the idea of thetrust being the difference between spending the floor or not. That line of thinking will not inspire more to get onboard. Secondly I wonder if there will be tiers or just one level of commitment.

Ancient Mariner

I do not have a problem with it as long as the books are open and transparent to the owners of 10 to 20 percent of the club. It may be the only way that the Club spends above the floor on the playing roster.
Whoever the new owner is, they will be forking out a packet each year just to keep the Club operating for quite a few years yet. Hopefully it will be a lot more than the reported $1m that it cost MC to keep the Club afloat on starvation diet. It will be some time before the Club becomes self sufficient enough to be taken off the drip (ie needing an owner to keep spending just to keep the club alive).
People I have spoken to have said they will be happy to come on board as long as their money is spent on players. This is a way it can happen.

Being realistic, we are talking about 10 to 20 percent ownership of the Club. If I were an individual who owned 20% of CCM I would be expected to fund 20% of the total costs of running the Club each year to keep my ownership.
I do think there will need to be a hell of a lot of negotiations and then explanations before anything is set in concrete. But I see this initial deal as very reasonable and better than just putting in 10 to 20% of the total annual costs of the Club.

On different tiers of contributions I think that will be necessary. I doubt that you will find 2,500 supporters to buy in at this level. However, I do think there will be many who will buy in at a lower level and some who would be willing to buy a much larger share, maybe orders of magnitude greater.

I am looking forward to hearing back from the organisers after expressing my interest.

Shaun Mielekamp

Interesting detail here: https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/bir...rlesworth-continues-search-for-mariners-buyer

“The Supporters Trust are looking at 2,500 people investing $500 each, which is feasible out of a membership base of 6000,” explained CEO Shaun Mielekamp.

“That raises you $1.2 million which is between 10 and 20 per cent of the club, and assures the club stays on the coast.

“And you’d then have a further investment of $200 per person a year which would generate another $500,000 towards the playing roster, that’s what they’re suggesting.

“The ongoing contribution would take the club from the floor ($1.7 million) to the cap ($2.1 million) and help purchase a marquee signing.”

Two things jump out there. I don’t like the idea of thetrust being the difference between spending the floor or not. That line of thinking will not inspire more to get onboard. Secondly I wonder if there will be tiers or just one level of commitment.
Hey guys,

To add context this was all conceptual talk and should not be taken as anything more than me trying to explain to a Journo how a trust model could work.

The real important parts such as "the trust would be fully transparent and structure voted on by members" was missed.

I am sure the concepts will evolve and I for one am looking forward very much to contributing and getting everyone in my family to be part of this as well.

lots of work to do but could be very historic for the club.

turbo

Hey guys,

To add context this was all conceptual talk and should not be taken as anything more than me trying to explain to a Journo how a trust model could work.

The real important parts such as "the trust would be fully transparent and structure voted on by members" was missed.

I am sure the concepts will evolve and I for one am looking forward very much to contributing and getting everyone in my family to be part of this as well.

lots of work to do but could be very historic for the club.

Thanks for adding context Shaun, but I do think its important that language or numbers like the cap floor aren't used when discussing the trust. It's just my opinion but if a few thousand average CCM fans are providing extra money they dont want it to be in conjunction to the minimum contribution the owner can make. The very real fear many will have about putting their money in is that we'll end up with a situation where the owner reduces their input to the floor or lower and we're in the same position despite the fans spending more and if that happens the trust will fail.

I'm not too worried about the transparency and structure of the trust, I'm willing to assume that will all be above board. The greater concern is the relationship between the owner and the trust.

FFC Mariner

On the latest pod Shaun said that he was pushing for our season to start on NYE.
If we accept that as the start date, a credible buyer has to be found, complete their due diligence, get an agreement on the deal and FFA approval by Christmas really.
That's a really tight time frame

style_cafe

On the latest pod Shaun said that he was pushing for our season to start on NYE.
If we accept that as the start date, a credible buyer has to be found, complete their due diligence, get an agreement on the deal and FFA approval by Christmas really.
That's a really tight time frame
Unless we`re part way there already...:popcorn:

style_cafe

we all feel this way toward MC, no point banging on about it every chance you get, the club is being sold, there will be no more MC, now is finally the time for optimism
I don`t feel that way about it.
Sure I hate that we`ve been underfunded for the past 5 seasons but at least we`re still here.
Clubs like Fury and GC folded but we have survived thanks to Mike Charlesworth.
I appreciate what he has done to keep us alive...:popcorn:

Ancient Mariner

Sure I hate that we`ve been underfunded for the past 5 seasons but at least we`re still here.
Fully agree Style.
I am pretty sure he hoped to build the Club and COE into enough of a going concern to run at a profit or to make a capital gain in the long term. However that has not worked out as planned. In the meantime he has kept us alive by continually funding as much as he could afford, and is still doing so.
I do not understand where people get the idea that he was ripping funds out of the Club, real Trumpspeak, nothing else.
I hope he gets as much back from his investment as possible and I will not be upset if he makes a profit, although I cannot see it.
I for one will be always grateful to him and happily shake his hand at any time and wish him well.

AuzDutchy

i agree wholeheartedly and maybe should have reworded the part about MC, my main issue was whats the point in constantly dragging our feet with "hurr durrr MC better gtfo already" when its already in the process of happening

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Julihrb