• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holy

Just screen mirrored this to Mrs Rowdy on our TV, brought a tear to both our eyes.
- Inspirational stuff, beyond doubt !!

His story & fighting spirit is a true representation that mirrors that of our Club's own & it's history.

Banksy is a deadset Legend, and is a genuine asset to our club, in that if any young Footballer or new recruit gets ahead of himself or the rest of his team mates ..... a 15 min chat with Banksy will bring him back down to earth in a heartbeat !

So glad he made it through his recent scare at Xmas, one that really sends home the message to all of us and the entire Team :

DON'T . EVER . STOP . FIGHTING !!
:goodpost:
Well said Rowdy!
Whilst waiting for the family photo after the game, I watched Banksy come down and I watched as many of the players came and gave him a bigger hug than normal. Made me think how good it was they include him. Little did I know the story behind it. Now I do, makes me more proud of our little club.

To go another step with your post, not only players should take up your motto, us fans should take a little from it as well. That we will never ever give up either.

COYY:shoutclap:

Rowdy

To go another step with your post, not only players should take up your motto, us fans should take a little from it as well.
So glad he made it through his recent scare at Xmas, one that really sends home the message to all of us and the entire Team :
DON'T . EVER . STOP . FIGHTING !!

I did ;) ... Cheers Holy.
- Agree, we all should.

Song played after the win over City:

Hey @Shaun Mielekamp
- why not this song, for this week ? ;)

Wombat

I was loving the songs played after wed's game.....................i'm not a fan prog rock or glam rock bands like Journey or Bon Jovi (my wife likes Bon Jovi...but i swap the station as soon as one comes on...thankfully not often!) so i would vomit to listen to that shit.
But i could listen to "Us and Them" to describe the Mariners and the FFA and the rest of the HAL.

Rowdy

I was loving the songs played after wed's game.....................i'm not a fan prog rock or glam rock bands like Journey or Bon Jovi (my wife likes Bon Jovi...but i swap the station as soon as one comes on...thankfully not often!) so i would vomit to listen to that shit.
But i could listen to "Us and Them" to describe the Mariners and the FFA and the rest of the HAL.
Classic track but so NOT the vibe suited for post-Football game.
Soz. :-|
Its-the-vibe-your-honour-The-castle.gif

Ancient Mariner

Shaun, the philosophy of this Club used to be one on identifying young talent, signing the identified player to multi year contracts and develop the young player to a level where he would be an attractive transfer option to overseas clubs in bigger and richer leagues.For a club with limited finances it seemed to be a sensible option, which benefitted both the club and the individual.
Over the years it has appeared to work quite well, remembering Amini, Rogic and Ryan as stand outs in this system. The fans were sorry to see these talented players leave but understood that both the Club and the player benefitted by the transfer.
It appears that now we are still running the same system but with no benefit to the Club. Last year we locals Trent Buhagier and Lachie Wales there start in the A-League after development in the youth, only to see them go to other A-League clubs.
Not only did the Club not gain financially with their moves but it lost doubly with them competing against us in other A-League clubs.
This year the Club has taken chances with developing up and coming players Murray and Millar and taken a chance with Aspro coming good after injury. They were signed to one year contracts. Millar has been the outstanding new talent in the A-Leage, Murray is beginning to look good and Aspro is showing a full recovery.
Now we here that Millar is off to another A-League club next year and I imagine if Murray and Aspro continue on with their development they will also be gone.
What I would like to know is how this incompetence of identifying, developing and then losing young talent has been allowed to happen in this Club? It is frustrating to develop a player and lose him without compensation but to lose him in that way to a competitor is criminal.
I have been here from the start (member #148) and it has gone beyond anger for me. I am now feeling totally despondent about the Club.

What is going on?

Pirate Pete

Say what?
Rumour is that he's off next year.
Mentioned in another thread.
I think McBreen told someone (finally retired?) that he was off to the new Melbourne team.

witchhunt.gif

Insertnamehere

Rumour is that he's off next year.
Mentioned in another thread.
I think McBreen told someone (finally retired?) that he was off to the new Melbourne team.

witchhunt.gif
Yet someone a few days before said they spoke with him and said something like don't go anywhere and he was pretty affirmative that he wasn't.. so who knows.

finally retired

I spoke to Mcbreen at teh game....asked him about new players and about making sure we locked Millar in...he said "too late for Millar...already signed elsewhere". I said SFC? and he said "can't say ;-) " so I took that to mean he WAS going to SFC. Others have suggested teh new Vic team next season though....

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

I spoke to Mcbreen at teh game....asked him about new players and about making sure we locked Millar in...he said "too late for Millar...already signed elsewhere". I said SFC? and he said "can't say ;-) " so I took that to mean he WAS going to SFC. Others have suggested teh new Vic team next season though....
f**k that

Pirate Pete

I would have thought a move back to Melbourne would have suited him more than being on the bench at SFC.
I don't think for a minute he'd say anything other than he's going nowhere to a fan.
At least not quite yet.

midfielder

Shaun

Thanks for your earlier post pertaining to new signings.

Appreciate, names and who, where & why cannot be said.

However is it possible to give, an overall timeline and what the clubs hopes will happen...

Say ... we hope to sign another 3 new players by ... mid Fed ... further we hope resign key current players by late Feb ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred