• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Fans and the club PT 2

turbo

It feels like Mudgee should be a home game for us on paper as we're doing all the advertising and networking for it from my understanding, yet it counts as a Perth home game.
You’ve got your wires crossed. It is our home game and we play Macarthur next weekends. Before that we play Perth in Perth

ccf

So I am not sure if I have this right, our membership allowed us to get free general tickets (Not grandstand). Is this correct! I have no issue with taking it to Mudgee but we have gold membership so should be able to get grandstand tickets. If I have it wrong then sorry in advance ?

Kilsin

You’ve got your wires crossed. It is our home game and we play Macarthur next weekends. Before that we play Perth in Perth
Hmm, I initially complained of losing a home game to Mudgee: https://www.ccmfans.net/community/threads/2021-22-season.6786/post-325305

but was told it wasn't a home game for us:

Seriously confused now but I would love a detailed explanation of why we make this happen and lose a home game advantage.

Fun Fact! Mudgee is closer to Sydney than us by ~40 kms

bikinigirl

Understand the need for more clarity. Some at least can come from the pretty big improbability that we're trying to relocate to Mudgee...

. i hadn't heard anybody suggesting a relocation to Mudgee

. i think their permanent population* wouldn't even fill a half-decent sized stadium ... so it can't be sustainable

* yes i know they can draw from a bigger regional pool ... but we already do that (with both pools much bigger)

FFC Mariner

. i hadn't heard anybody suggesting a relocation to Mudgee

. i think their permanent population* wouldn't even fill a half-decent sized stadium ... so it can't be sustainable

* yes i know they can draw from a bigger regional pool ... but we already do that (with both pools much bigger)
Agree - wandering rural NSW side for sale to hte highest bidder? Not impossible

Drew

Why don’t all of you support the club in the decision to have a game in regional nsw, instead of being negative conspiracy theorists about it. it’s a fantastic initiative that the whole league should be doing to promote the game in regional areas, nrl clubs take games out west to regional areas every year to help grow and promote their game so 100% the aleague should be following suit, I think it’s great by the club, yes it means a lot of you can’t go to a game, but oh well, it’s a good chance to attract new fans to the sport in areas that don’t have teams or may not follow a team,

marinermick

it’s a good chance to attract new fans to the sport in areas that don’t have teams or may not follow a team,

How many Mudgee people that have become “new fans” have come to a Mariners game in Gosford since the preseason Cup game or bought a membership?

I dare say we probably lost more favs out that way when we stopped supporting the Dubbo PL team out there.

booney

Why don’t all of you support the club in the decision to have a game in regional nsw, instead of being negative conspiracy theorists about it. it’s a fantastic initiative that the whole league should be doing to promote the game in regional areas, nrl clubs take games out west to regional areas every year to help grow and promote their game so 100% the aleague should be following suit, I think it’s great by the club, yes it means a lot of you can’t go to a game, but oh well, it’s a good chance to attract new fans to the sport in areas that don’t have teams or may not follow a team,
Agree as our code needs to show itself in regional areas.Do we still have an association with the Western Mariners( were they based in Dubbo?).It is a pity that it is our home game but with the season been so disjointed it is a small thing -nothing like the Phoenix fans have had to put with for the last two seasons.

For those making the trip Mudgee is a great town and Gulgong up the road is pretty good too.The club is trying hard to look after us fans so cut it some slack.

Going out to regional areas might encourage some indigenous kids to get interested in our code.Football has not really tapped into the indigenous population apart from the Moriarty Foundation and Craig Foster to some extent.

Man Overboard

I think the question is why this decision was made-once Shaun responds with the reasoning for it, then the speculation can end. IS it to promote the game in regional areas as you say? I don't know, only the decision makers know. Is it a result of covid messing up schedules? Is it a programming issue with Paramount? Is it a cost cutting exercise? Why Mudgee? Why not Wagga? If its a 'home' game is it reasonable for fans who paid memberships be unable to access the product that they paid for? Until Shaun responds it's its pointless getting heated over it. The whole purpose of this thread is to have communication with Shaun on matters like this. SHAUN? ARE YOU THERE?

Ads

I dare say it might be cheaper to run games there?

Same reason league is pushing double headers here and there.

Clubs are agreeing to save on costs.

Plus engagement to rural but more probably saving money.

Kilsin

A few of us are just asking why.

Personally, I would rather get more of a crowd at the home stadium and personally attend it with my membership to potentially cheer the boys onto getting 3 points than have to watch it on P+.

Methcarther is 40kms closer to Mudgee than us, so technically it's more like their home game than ours. I only asked if this is worth it to CCMFC? Do we actually benefit from it? Who pays for it? Is it worth losing an actual home game at our stadium with paying members cheering the boys on to pick up new regional ones?

I love Mudgee, I wish I could go but I can't and yes that makes me salty! So I would like to know why we do it, just out of curiosity...

turbo

I dare say it might be cheaper to run games there?

Same reason league is pushing double headers here and there.

Clubs are agreeing to save on costs.

Plus engagement to rural but more probably saving money.
The club is most likely getting paid to bring an event or at least not paying to hire the ground. I actually don’t mind a regional round and think every team should do one across the season. At least every second season.

Wombat

A few of us are just asking why.

Personally, I would rather get more of a crowd at the home stadium and personally attend it with my membership to potentially cheer the boys onto getting 3 points than have to watch it on P+.

Methcarther is 40kms closer to Mudgee than us, so technically it's more like their home game than ours. I only asked if this is worth it to CCMFC? Do we actually benefit from it? Who pays for it? Is it worth losing an actual home game at our stadium with paying members cheering the boys on to pick up new regional ones?

I love Mudgee, I wish I could go but I can't and yes that makes me salty! So I would like to know why we do it, just out of curiosity...
We are doing it for money. Its pure Charlesworth.

But apparently, we will have an extra home game to make up for this.....must be magic.

Man Overboard

Its been a waste of time waiting for Shaun to respond here.
Its a pity that more information is forthcoming elsewhere [in the Mudgee Guardian newspaper]. I'd still like a fuller explanation from Shaun, but it seems he is unavailable or unwilling. Shaun is quoted announcing the game so its not because he is not in the know.

I realise that the author is a Mariners fan and well known football reporter, and I think Muller is a wonderful addition to the squad, but is he really in 'excellent goalscoring form'-I thought he may have two [?] this season. Similarly IS 'everyone at the Mariners looking forward to returning to Mudgee and continuing what they believe will be a long and successful association'??????? Can we expect more home fixtures there next year? If so will members unable to access it be compensated?

Mariners to continue their Mudgee journey that began in 2004 this weekend​

March 16, 2022 | Mudgee Guardian (Australia)
Author/Byline: RAY GATT
664 Words
Read News DocumentFocus
Central Coast will continue a special association with Mudgee that stretches back a decade when they take on the Macarthur Bulls in what will be a high powered Isuzu UTE A-League match at Glen Willow Stadium on Saturday.

The Mariners will make the trip to the picturesque central west town for the third time and will be hoping to maintain their 100 per cent record in what is shaping as a must win game for the Yellow and Navy.

The club first made the trek back in 2014 when they took a mixture of youth and experience for a pre-season friendly against Newcastle Jets.

It wasn't until 2021 that the Mariners were able to return, this time for a more important contest - an FFA Cup match against Blacktown City. They won that game and eventually made the final, only to go down to Melbourne Victory.

The Mariners have had a solid season so far, but have been devoid of luck. They are sitting just off the top six but their table position could have been much better.

A combination of last minute goals and controversial refereeing decisions have cost them dearly over the past six weeks.

However, they have shown a lot of fight, as shown in their 1-1 draw with competition heavyweights Melbourne Victory a couple of weeks ago.

The Mariners will be looking to bridge the gap to the top six against a Macarthur side that is pushing hard for top spot.

A large crowd is expected to turn out for this game and they will hopefully be treated to a wonderful, entertaining spectacle. The last time the two sides met they shared the spoils in a 3-3 thriller in which the Bulls managed to steal a point with a 90th minute goal.

In the news: Flirtation Hill project to create a 'fantastic space for the community' Lue students enjoy their final days of swimming on site until summer returns 'It would mean the world': Brumbies slated for semi-final stint Man faces court over Gulgong shootings Both sides are full of quality players.

Fans should look out for the likes of the Mariners quality attack of Costa Rican striker Marco Urena, his strike partner Jason Cummings and German attacker Nicolai Muller, who is in excellent goalscoring form.

The Mariners are superbly led in midfield by captain and former Socceroo Oliver Bozanic and the diminutive Josh Nisbet, who is the smallest player in the League but probably has the biggest heart.

Bozanic is regarded as one of the premier players in the League. He has exquisite vision, his passing is unerring and he can be dangerous from set pieces and in broken play through his powerful left foot shot.

Everyone at the Mariners is looking forward to returning to Mudgee and continuing what they believe will be a long and successful association.

Speaking back in February when the game was announced, Mariners CEO Shaun Mielekamp said: "It is so exciting for us to be able to return to Mudgee with a fully-fledged A-League match.

"Our previous visit last year for the FFA Cup was so welcoming and with the tremendous facilities, it was impossible for us to ignore returning as quickly as possible.

"We made a commitment to ensure that a trip to Glen Willow Stadium is not a one-off and we hope that everyone can see there is a real commitment by the Central Coast Mariners for a long-term association with the region, to play our part in helping football and all sports grow in Mudgee."

Part of that commitment will see the club hold a clinic on Friday afternoon that has attracted huge interest.

Ticket prices for the game start from $35 for grandstand, $20 for adult general admission, $10 for children (over five years) general admission and $15 for concession general admission.

adz

Staff member
Its been a waste of time waiting for Shaun to respond here.
Its a pity that more information is forthcoming elsewhere [in the Mudgee Guardian newspaper]. I'd still like a fuller explanation from Shaun, but it seems he is unavailable or unwilling. Shaun is quoted announcing the game so its not because he is not in the know.

Mate this is a bit harsh. This is a fan site, it's not an official club outlet (or whatever you want to call it) - there is no obligation for the CEO of Central Coast Mariners FC to be on here answering questions. He does come on here from time to time and we should be grateful for that, not demanding.

Man Overboard

Mate this is a bit harsh. This is a fan site, it's not an official club outlet (or whatever you want to call it) - there is no obligation for the CEO of Central Coast Mariners FC to be on here answering questions. He does come on here from time to time and we should be grateful for that, not demanding.
I really don’t think it’s harsh at all. I express disappointment, surprise and frustration, but I don’t think I am being harsh.

Its not harsh as it is accurate. Its not harsh as you say that it’s a fan site not rather than a conduit to the club [and if that’s the case then it is accurate and HAS been a complete waste of time :) ].

It’s not harsh as any official making the announcement should know the reasons behind it.

Its not harsh as Shaun states when creating this thread that its purpose is

“The purpose of this thread apart from introducing myself is to simply ask this question :

How can the club engage with this forum more to better listen to our members?

I look forward to meeting you all and hearing your ideas”

Its not harsh as his initial post describes this as an "Official Forum". “I am a huge believer in official forums and am very passionate for this forum to remain and grow as one of the core voices for our members.” And “But I can promise you that I will continue to read every post in my own time and hope that the administrators will flag with me directly on any major post that needs addressing so important questions don't go unanswered.”

Surely a forum administrator has flagged this topic for him. It is current, divisive and this is due to no reasoning for this decision being supplied by the club. Everyone is guessing what the reasons are and concluding different things.

While he points out that he can’t always be trawling through it, he says “The purpose of this thread was to purely highlight my passion that I believe this forum should thrive and grow and not take days for new posts to appear. Everyday should be engaging and an insightful part of being a Mariners supporter”. I don’t feel that the club has engaged on this question and I certainly don’t have any insight into why it is happening.

Is calling the lack of response ‘disappointing’ harsh? I don’t think so. Instead I have had to rely on a local regional newspaper to provide some limited insight.

Members are consumers as well as stakeholders that invest in the club. Membership fees are not donations. By paying them we are supporting the club, and as consumers we expect that all of the service/product being paid for is delivered. Fees are not donations.

If your butcher had his thumb on the scales and you were both aware of it, would you tug your forelock and say, “Gee, thanks, I’m grateful for getting most of what I paid for” or would you say “You seem to have your thumb on the scale, why is that?” Or perhaps “Reweigh it please”.

There is no question that a club needs fans, and that fans need a club. Its symbiotic.

This all started because I was curious about the rationale for this decision, and assumed that I had missed something relating to that. Instead there have been many conflicting opinions on motives. A response from the club could have resolved that. Its not harsh to ask what are the motives and be disappointed when the thread on an ‘Official’ forum, supposedly dedicated to engaging and listening to members, doesn't provide a response.

turbo

You are entitled to ask but not entitled to a response. I’m sure your comments have or will be read and considered but it isn’t appropriate to answer everything that pops up in these threads and there’s a whole range of reasons why that’s the case.

Yes ideally it should have been flagged prior to memberships renewing but that’s all he would really say. You aren’t going to get insight on the commercial relationship with the council and new stadium rights holders or with Mudgee council.

Ironbark

I know for certain Shaun is flat out and it's difficult to get on here and respond sometimes. I have no doubt he will eventually, but give the man time. As has been said already - I think he is the only CEO who visits fan forums to answer questions and share info so we're lucky he does at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred