• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

onto it

If the next Socceroos squad (March) is A-League only, I'd suggest the following Mariners have to be in the mix:

Birra; Rowles; Tongyik; Bozanic; De Silva

If you're top of the league, you ought to be dominating the rep teams, but I'd be amazed if they all got picked. Birra would have to be a shoe-in but the other four would have to be part of Arnie's conversations.
The international game is a massive step up, particularly at the sharp end where players are often coming from the top clubs in the world.
For me, most players in the A-league are not performing at that level, because they don't have to against relatively low league opposition. (A-league being, maybe 5th tier on the International scale). There are odd ones who display the talent and character to take the step up, but not many.
For example DDS, who undoubtedly has talent and is playing so much better than last year, is still losing the ball a lot through poor decision making. For international level those mistakes are too frequent. His inability to overcome fitness issues throughout last year, whether due to his physiology, mentality or emotional problems, is going to to be a mark against him.
I think the guys like Nizz and Alou, who have a fairly unblemished upward trajectory, and are still developing, would more likely be the choices for chancing by the very experienced Arnie.

Allreet?

The international game is a massive step up, particularly at the sharp end where players are often coming from the top clubs in the world.
For me, most players in the A-league are not performing at that level, because they don't have to against relatively low league opposition. (A-league being, maybe 5th tier on the International scale). There are odd ones who display the talent and character to take the step up, but not many.
For example DDS, who undoubtedly has talent and is playing so much better than last year, is still losing the ball a lot through poor decision making. For international level those mistakes are too frequent. His inability to overcome fitness issues throughout last year, whether due to his physiology, mentality or emotional problems, is going to to be a mark against him.
I think the guys like Nizz and Alou, who have a fairly unblemished upward trajectory, and are still developing, would more likely be the choices for chancing by the very experienced Arnie.
We're playing Kuwait and Nepal next.

If an A-League selection can't beat them then we truly are screwed.

style_cafe

Twitter reporting that DRD has signed for a Polish 5th division side.
Gi
That is the dumbest move in the history of football.
To go from starting with the Mariners to basically part-time football in Poland is just plain stupid.
Who the f**k is advising this kid?
Basically a talent wasted,never to be seen again.
I hope he has a decent copy of his 2 goals from last year as they will be the highlight of his career...:popcorn:

Huddo

That is the dumbest move in the history of football.
To go from starting with the Mariners to basically part-time football in Poland is just plain stupid.
Who the f**k is advising this kid?
Basically a talent wasted,never to be seen again.
I hope he has a decent copy of his 2 goals from last year as they will be the highlight of his career...:popcorn:

Brutal, but on point.

pinklady

I'm sure somewhere on here we were told he was offered a scholarship deal and walked.
However, any NPL club would have snapped his hand off and that puts him in the shop window.
I'm actually surprised another AL side didn't try to take it on
That's right FFC. He'd already been punted by Sydney and WSW before coming to CCM but he would possibly got a gig at Macarthur considering some of their other signings.
There's one other ex Central Coast boy playing in Poland - Jay Jaskolski who was here until Under 14s in the same age group as Lachie Wales, Daniel MacFarlane Tom Lyons and a few others who went on to NYL or better. Jay is playing at a Liga 1 club (2nd tier) after a couple of seasons in Liga 3 and Youth League so gradually working his way up - but he wasn't coming from a position of starting and scoring in the A League.
I was very critical of DRD when he was with us - basically lazy and egotistical - but he did get 2 cracking goals in his last game, even though he had only scored once in the previous 12 months in HAL/NYL or NPL..
Despite that he was a bit of a golden boy with the national team youth age groups but has probably put himself completely out of the reckoning for any national team in the near future.
That is unless they decide to gather any Australians playing in Europe in Polish 5th division, Portuguese 4th division, Estonia, Latvia and anywhere else kids that didn't get a look in in the A League are playing.

booney

Looks like Silvera and DRD who both had tons of talent but even bigger egos will end up on the scrapheaps of lower league semiprofessional football-what a waste!!

Ironbark

I've been told by people who played with him that Silvera wasn't a big ego and a nice guy.
DRD did come back cocky from tournaments etc and didn't fit the 'all for one' culture that dominates at ccm now.
Again, as told to me by other players around them so perspective is a big part there and I can't be certain how fair either assessment is

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami