• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

joe bailey

Good story here on one of our lads.

Mariners kid Jevtic turning heads in Belgrade
Joey Jevtic during an OFK Beograd training session

Joey Jevtic during an OFK Beograd training session Source: Supplied

Far away from the uncertainty and angst surrounding the future of the Central Coast Mariners, Gosford academy product Joey Jevtic is making an impression with one of Serbia’s oldest clubs, OFK Beograd.

UPDATEDUPDATED 15 HOURS AGO
BY DAVE LEWIS

Though currently residing in the nation’s third tier, Belgrade-based OFK were in the top echelon as recently as 2016 and count superstars like Branislav Ivanovic and Aleksandar Kolarov amongst their alumni.

They also have a triangular player pathway agreement in place with the Mariners and Maltese outfit Balzan FC.
Newcastle-raised 19-year-old midfielder Jevtic holds a Serbian passport through his parents, and caught the eye in a handful of senior appearances for OFK before COVID-19 struck.

When fellow Mariners product Jake Jovanovski cut short his OFK stint to return home when the pandemic erupted, Jevtic stayed put to battle it out.
Speaking before Central Coast owner Mike Charlesworth’s announcement this week that he will withdraw financial support from the club, Jevtic told The World Game: “There are just so many more opportunities here in Europe - and it’s where you want to be for football.

“OFK is a big club with a big history and I’m hoping it will happen again.
“The quality here is higher and I’m happy to keep pressing on.
“The U-19s play in the top league for their age bracket and are one of the better sides.
“I’m just focused on making it over here and hopefully there'll be some interest at some stage from a top division team down the line.
“I think I’m in a good position for my age.”

Whilst the first team have yet to return to action after the shutdown, the U-19s are up and running again, with Jevtic front and centre of that line-up.

He’s yet to feature for Australia at any level but has already caught the eye of Serbian national team scouts.
But he’s not obsessing too much on where his international future might lie.

“It’s really all about club football right now,” he said.
“If you do well there things will come, whether that’s from the Australian or Serbian side of things.
“Being an Australian playing in Belgrade, the news gets around pretty easily.
“I just want to start playing regularly again and these things will happen on their own.”

OFK’s sporting director Vladimir Simovic, once Red Star Belgrade’s chief scout, believes the club offers a perfect cradle for emerging Australian players.

“Serbia has been one of the top 10 exporters of players in the world and is a very good place for them to come and develop,” Simovic said.
“The right sort of players from Australia can use this as a stage where they’re playing in front of stands full of scouts from all over Europe.
“In Joey's case - he arrived here with Jake in January - he’s decided to stay on during a difficult time, with his family back in Australia.
“I really admire this kid... he’s overcome a lot of hurdles and he’s shown a lot of character and willingness to learn.
“He’s a superstar for the U-19s and a regular for the first team and is gaining valuable experience.

“Of course if players like him and others are eventually sold on there’s a financial benefit also for the Mariners (with a percentage of the transfer fee).”

pjennings

@MileJedinak ⁩ was a wonderful player and is a even better person. His story from start of his career ⁦
@CCMariners ⁩ to the end is one that should be told over and over. This article is just a small piece of who he is.

CRYSTAL PALACE'S EMOTIONAL JEDINAK CEREMONY: 'HE DROVE THE TEAM AND PROBABLY DROVE ME'
By Lucas Radbourne Aug 11 2020 12:48PM

Mile Jedinak has been presented with a special award by Crystal Palace among emotional tributes from the club for their iconic former skipper.

Jedinak's decision to join the Aston Villa coaching staff and subsequent club retirement has been met with a mixture of disappointment and adulation from Palace, many fans of which are chastising their club for not recruiting him for themselves.

Crystal Palace's chairman led the tributes to the former Socceroos and Selhurst captain, presenting Jedinak with the club's Chairman award.
“[Jedinak] is a very special player, a very special person," Palace chairman Steve Parish said. "He’s just retired from the game.
"When he arrived he came to us from Turkey, I think we had to pay the princely sum of £50,000 to secure his services. From the moment he arrived, he was a massive, massive presence at the club.

"He drove the team and probably drove me. Sometimes Mile was most unhappy when we’d won - in the dressing room afterwards. [He had] such high standards that he expected of himself and everybody around him.

"Promotions are won on the pitch but they’re also won with the attitude: 46 games, Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday. And nobody had a better attitude, nobody was more robust, nobody drove everybody on, expected more from everybody and delivered more himself than Mile Jedinak. It’s an absolute privilege and a pleasure to give him an award."

Jedinak left open a return to Palace in a coaching capacity at some stage while returning his thanks to the club that made his Premier League career, having led the club to promotion in 2013.

"I always got immersed in everything Crystal Palace is and Crystal Palace will always be," he said.

"There’s a big spot there for me, and my family, for that matter. They all know and we all know the importance of Crystal Palace in my journey and, without it, it looks totally different.

"To play alongside that [Crystal Palace squad], to be part of it, to captain them, to be teammates, to be mates, to be friends… this group was really, really special. It was all a fantastic privilege for me.

"I have enjoyed every single moment, all the obstacles, all the challenges, thrived in the environment. The next chapter is yet to be written, but only time will tell."

sydmariner

turbo

Why would you at over the top prices and mandatory 2 week quarantine? Unless you have someone very sick to see it just isnt worth it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami