• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCM Boys conquering the world

disordinary

That Golec that was released in January's going well. I heard he got his first start for his new club, and even got an assist in an eight goal demolition.

Why'd we let him go in January?

turbo

Why'd we let him go in January?
We all saw why. He was poor for us following his injury. If Rudan has helped him get his confidence back and playing well then that is further evidence that things weren’t as they should have been. It might be too early to say Golec has lifted but it’s something to keep an eye on.

There’s a lot of blame being pushed on club management and MC, the Bolt saga, etc but little things like that might suggest a manager issue.

Wombat

He had to keep out Murray and Millar...............not the toughest job for a CB. I like Golec and wish him well but he like everyone else suffered because there was no experience in the defence.

garlo

Got bored the other evening on Instagram and went looking through our old player’s profiles. Wanted to see who out of our major ex players still follows the club.
Was a weird thought process - not sure how I got there but was sad to see that Maty, Sains and Mile don’t.
I know the club is probably completely different to when they were here but would be nice to see they were still supporting their old clubs - clubs that gave them a start.

Thoughts?

Antlion

Posting this here for the satire

Ross McCormack's failure at Motherwell shouldn’t come as a surprise
GettyImages-818536100.jpg

Moving from Aston Villa during the January window, Ross McCormack looked like an outstanding signing for Motherwell. He was a bright spark during his first spell in North Lanarkshire. That has been a far cry from what his return to Fir Park has been.

He looks set to never play in claret and amber again, with Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson telling the BBC that the Well “won’t see him any time soon”.

Having made just four appearances this year for the Well, it’s fair to say his signing has been a massive disappointment. It hasn’t affected the team too much due to the emergence of Jake Hastie and an upturn in form, but he could have added a real focal point to Robinson’s front line.

There was once a time where McCormack was a feared striker. After a breakout spell with the Steelmen, the forward moved to Cardiff City. After scoring on a regular basis for the Bluebirds he moved to Leeds United, where he had arguably the best spell of his career.

He netted 29 goals in the 2013/14 season and off the back of that he switched to Fulham for £11 million pounds plus add-ons. The striker then hit the net 38 times over a two year spell at Craven Cottage, earning him another mega money move to current club Aston Villa.

It has been a bit of a disaster, but McCormack’s Fir Park failure really shouldn’t come as a massive shock.

A sad end for McCormack
McCormack may have accumulated £23 million in transfer fees over his past two permanent clubs, but this hasn’t came with the goals he once scored. The fact the forward’s most notable memory with the Villains involves him and an electric fence tells you all you need to know.

After various loan spells away from Villa Park, McCormack eventually ended up at Fir Park. In his first start though, it was clear from minute one this was a different player to the one that had cost Villa £12 million just three years ago.

He looked unfit and out of shape, barely touching the ball in a 2-1 defeat to Ross County, where he was hooked at half time. It was clear from this moment that this wasn’t the happy homecoming everyone wanted for the striker.

McCormack done very little in his next three appearances. Whilst his fitness was very clearly a major issue, even technically he didn’t look as great. His touch was off and the forward struggled to even get a shot on target. His last appearance came in an eight minute cameo against St Mirren in February. It’ll be a borderline miracle if he plays at Fir Park again.

McCormack’s career has been on the decline for years. A fruitful spell in Australia last season seemed to kickstart it once again, but the striker has scored just once this season across spells with Central Coast Mariners and Motherwell.

Everyone at Fir Park was hoping McCormack could revive his career, but it’s turned into a complete disaster. Aston Villa won’t renew his deal which expires in the summer. Now the Steelmen are unlikely to want the striker back.

Fitness seems to have robbed McCormack of a prolonged career. It’ll be interesting to see where he goes from here.
https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analy...re-at-motherwell-shouldnt-come-as-a-surprise/

Insertnamehere

Posting this here for the satire

Ross McCormack's failure at Motherwell shouldn’t come as a surprise
GettyImages-818536100.jpg

Moving from Aston Villa during the January window, Ross McCormack looked like an outstanding signing for Motherwell. He was a bright spark during his first spell in North Lanarkshire. That has been a far cry from what his return to Fir Park has been.

He looks set to never play in claret and amber again, with Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson telling the BBC that the Well “won’t see him any time soon”.

Having made just four appearances this year for the Well, it’s fair to say his signing has been a massive disappointment. It hasn’t affected the team too much due to the emergence of Jake Hastie and an upturn in form, but he could have added a real focal point to Robinson’s front line.

There was once a time where McCormack was a feared striker. After a breakout spell with the Steelmen, the forward moved to Cardiff City. After scoring on a regular basis for the Bluebirds he moved to Leeds United, where he had arguably the best spell of his career.

He netted 29 goals in the 2013/14 season and off the back of that he switched to Fulham for £11 million pounds plus add-ons. The striker then hit the net 38 times over a two year spell at Craven Cottage, earning him another mega money move to current club Aston Villa.

It has been a bit of a disaster, but McCormack’s Fir Park failure really shouldn’t come as a massive shock.

A sad end for McCormack
McCormack may have accumulated £23 million in transfer fees over his past two permanent clubs, but this hasn’t came with the goals he once scored. The fact the forward’s most notable memory with the Villains involves him and an electric fence tells you all you need to know.

After various loan spells away from Villa Park, McCormack eventually ended up at Fir Park. In his first start though, it was clear from minute one this was a different player to the one that had cost Villa £12 million just three years ago.

He looked unfit and out of shape, barely touching the ball in a 2-1 defeat to Ross County, where he was hooked at half time. It was clear from this moment that this wasn’t the happy homecoming everyone wanted for the striker.

McCormack done very little in his next three appearances. Whilst his fitness was very clearly a major issue, even technically he didn’t look as great. His touch was off and the forward struggled to even get a shot on target. His last appearance came in an eight minute cameo against St Mirren in February. It’ll be a borderline miracle if he plays at Fir Park again.

McCormack’s career has been on the decline for years. A fruitful spell in Australia last season seemed to kickstart it once again, but the striker has scored just once this season across spells with Central Coast Mariners and Motherwell.

Everyone at Fir Park was hoping McCormack could revive his career, but it’s turned into a complete disaster. Aston Villa won’t renew his deal which expires in the summer. Now the Steelmen are unlikely to want the striker back.

Fitness seems to have robbed McCormack of a prolonged career. It’ll be interesting to see where he goes from here.
https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analy...re-at-motherwell-shouldnt-come-as-a-surprise/
More like vaudeville or schadenfreude than satire for us anyway

Antlion

He has the talent but has given up the focus and the fitness.

I strongly suspect he has some mental health issues. If so he has my sympathies.

pjennings

GETTING TO KNOW MATY RYAN!
Large
Paul
Albion goalkeeper Maty Ryan preparing for kick off.
Brighton & Hove Albion goalkeeper Maty Ryan has been a mainstay in Chris Hughton’s side since joining the Seagulls from Valencia in 2017, but have you ever wondered how the Australian prepares for 90 minutes of action?

Ryan’s switch to England meant relocating to a fourth country, but the 26-year-old frequently reminds himself of where it all began, as he makes a call home ahead of every match in the Premier League.

He said, “On a matchday, I wake up and have some breakfast, then actually go for a little run down by the beach. It’s not quite an Australian beach, but it’s a beach nonetheless!

“I just like to wake the body up and get a little bit of movement in the legs and arms. I get home and then use a foam roller to loosen the body up further.

“I also call my mum back in Australia to speak with her before the games. We catch up and she sends me her wishes and makes it clear she’s very proud of what I’m doing.

“After that quick chat, I’m then in the car and on my way to the stadium. We have our pre-match meal three-and-a-half hours before the game, we eat that and then relax together.

“Shortly before the warm-up I watch a few clips back and try to give myself a little more knowledge of what we’re going to face that day. The warm-up quickly comes around and then we’re ready for the start of the match!”

huddersfield_town_v_brighton_and_hove_albion_01dec18_ph_960.jpg

But once the action is over, it’s then time for Ryan to relax, and the shot-stopper highlighted his interest for American Sports and his NFL namesake that inspires his choice of team to follow.

“I’m a general sports fan — I’m on that Lebron James bandwagon, but don't actually have a team in the NBA. I just like watching good players play.

“I’d probably say Baseball is the one American sport that I watch the least. I’ve been over to America but haven't attended a game yet.

“I went to the Philadelphia Eagles v Jacksonville Jaguars game at Wembley Stadium and that was another first for me. It was good to take in the atmosphere.

matt-ryan-falcons.jpg

“I’m also aware of the Atlanta Falcons having a quarterback named Matt Ryan, so they’ve got my support for that reason.

“I do like to come home from a game at the weekend, and if there’s a live game on Sky Sports, it’s nice to tune in and watch.”

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/2019/march/getting-to-know-maty-ryan/

MagpieMariner

Good for him. There goes any, admittedly very remote, chance of him coming back here under a new coach.
Wonder if Baro would be interested?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami