• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

CCF Thunder is it working out as planned ?

afan

As I said, it is my opinion and I'm no expert but what I watched and lots of other spectators, were stating the same.  The truth should not hurt you and the coaching and style of football is not up to scratch.

I'm glad you like it, so stay with it, but don't talk up the football thunder plays cause you are kidding yourself.  Wake up and try and learn what REP football is all about.  Get up and go and watch PLY games and then u will see, there is more to football than CCF. 

goingtoadisco

As the brother of young kid ( under 10 goal keeper) who wants to play rep football next year i say let the kids do what they want to do.

if the kids wants to play rep football and the parents are willing to fork out the cash for the sake of playing rep football let them . if they dont they dont let them have fun playing for clubs no big deal.

Personaly i dont see the point of thunder. if the kids not selected for lightning at the time, play a year in A grade club football and see how you go the year after that.

i have not seen any thunder games so i cant comment on the quality, but from what ive read is the kids going to develop any better then they would at club level and is it worth all the travel time ?

Ted

Well I will probably cop some flack from the doubters on here, but I have been appointed coach for the Central Coast U11 Thunder Storm for 2009. I am honoured to be given the chance and I will do my utmost to ensure the boys to embrace their full potential. So please don't crucify me....... yet!

Kareem

Ted said:
Well I will probably cop some flack from the doubters on here, but I have been appointed coach for the Central Coast U11 Thunder Storm for 2009. I am honoured to be given the chance and I will do my utmost to ensure the boys to embrace their full potential. So please don't crucify me....... yet!
Congrats
What qualifications did you need for that/ how long you have been coaching?
Just curious as i wouldnt mind heading down that path over the years...lol probs should concentrate on 2009- out looking for a new team/club next year (moving from peninsula)

and hey no pressure on you Ted- people are starting to realise Thunder aint that easy- which wil make next year's expectations more reasonable!

Ted

Minimum requirement is a youth coaching licence mate (a few years coaching also helps). They also take into account your overall achievements and want demonstrated proof you can organize and implement a full season of constructive training sessions to benefit each player in the team and help them achieve their full potential. 

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred