• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Can anyone beat Gold coast?

soundsdifferent

watching them in a replay this mourning, all i could think was wow!!!
they out classed NQ in everyway, they also played fantastic against roar. if they keep up the same level of play they have in the last few weeks, can anyone beat them. i always thought 'your dreamin' at all clive palmers comments, but i dont think i have seen a team outclass a rival in the a-leage like gold coast did on saturday ever before. A few of the goals looked so unstoppable.
what do others think? can they go underfeated all season. can they not slip up once? who can beat them?

FFC Mariner

Short answer = yes

2 games in and you consider them unbeatable?

The played Qld who proved this week (again) that they cant defend and NQ are absolutely dire.

Good that they are, no team is unbeatable

bjw

bjw
though they are very good, and the clear standouts from the first two rounds.

they are not 'unbeatable'.

fedelta

brennan said:
fedelt said:
brennan said:
Alicia said:
brennan said:
fedelt said:
soundsdifferent said:
mourning,

sorry to hear it..

you never fail to make me laugh.

sounds like the beginning of a proposal :p

you cant tell me you didnt laugh at that

hurry up and propose to me plz

Taylor Swift will you marry me.

(see what I did there etc)?

i see what you did there.
i don't want to marry you.

pjennings

I actually think that if Adelaide can maintain their shape they are exactly the type of team to test them this weekend.

If we set up like we did in the game against Melbourne and target Culina like we did Hernandez we may push them as well. Culina will be a tougher assignment simply because of his greater fitness. He will keep going - while Hernandez got tired and frustrated.

Teams that may struggle against them are Newcastle, Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney who will not maintain their game plan.

Fury actually were competitive until Fergie tried to attack more.

GCU break very quickly. A mistake is made and the ball is in the net. Reminded me of us against Kawasaki.

clarence

If our defence is in form, we can frustrate the hell out of them. Possibly snag a goal against them early too, and put the pressure on them, which they don't seem to have much of from teams.

They've had things go their way, so far.

Both on the field with their matches from the little I've seen - have they had to claw their way back from being a goal down yet? - and also the draw they've had to date. They have only been travelling within their own State.

How well is their logistics organisation for real away travel? Do they play away well in places like Perth or Wellington? This hasn't been tested yet, and it will be interesting to see how they fare vs. Adelaide.

bulldogmariner

Gold Coast do have a great squad and could go through undefeated. Highly unlikely but there are still 4 teams who could still do this. Sydney, Newcastle, Central Coast and Gold Coast. Football is a funny game and when you clearly have the best player in this league in Jason Culina and 2 top line strikers anything could happen.

Forum Phoenix

Adelaide, Mariners, Melbourne, Roar and Bling are all capable imo.
3 -1 GCU could easily have been a different result. Roar were more than in that match.
Also most teams have a shocker or tow over a season, Perth jets or welly could do for them on the right day too... Whatever the case, someone please knock them down a peg...

RADINHO

They have the best team on paper and will be difficult to beat, but when things like international duty, Injuries intefer, they will be beatable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred