• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bullshite vs CCM away

Ozhammer

No game day thread as yet, so I thought we should start one given that we play them tomorrow.

If it wasn’t already, this has now become a must-win after Kisfknorbo decided to play his bloody reserve team against the Roar last night :fireup:

Assuming that DDS pulled up ok after the $ity game, I am not expecting any radical changes but that begs the question: where are the goals going to come from?

As last season’s top scorer in the NPL is back with the team, would Matt Cahill be worth a punt off the bench seeing as Kuol’s head (and body) are arguably already in Stuttgart? :popcorn:

JoyfulPenguin

No game day thread as yet, so I thought we should start one given that we play them tomorrow.

If it wasn’t already, this has now become a must-win after Kisfknorbo decided to play his bloody reserve team against the Roar last night :fireup:

Assuming that DDS pulled up ok after the $ity game, I am not expecting any radical changes but that begs the question: where are the goals going to come from?

As last season’s top scorer in the NPL is back with the team, would Matt Cahill be worth a punt off the bench seeing as Kuol’s head (and body) are arguably already in Stuttgart? :popcorn:
Not sure if that's fair to Kuol, I think we have really struggled to create any chances for him in recent times. Never watched Matt Cahill play but 2 goals in 9 appearances (7 of those coming off the bench) isn't an overly bad strike rate considering the Hong Kong top flight is professional and likely a step above NPL NSW 1/2.

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

Not sure if that's fair to Kuol, I think we have really struggled to create any chances for him in recent times. Never watched Matt Cahill play but 2 goals in 9 appearances (7 of those coming off the bench) isn't an overly bad strike rate considering the Hong Kong top flight is professional and likely a step above NPL NSW 1/2.
At what point do we place responsibility on the attacker to create chances for himself?
We need our AMs to set the ball up - but the strikers need to be finding the gaps to be played into.

onto it

It sounds to me like the same excuses, for the poor strikers we heard last year.
For me, Kuol has potential but is showing he has a long way to go yet.

true believer

it's no use blaming kuol for not pulling a brace out of his arse
every week .
once again, we are getting nothing out of midfield. for various reasons .
no pace out wide , no quality balls for said strikers, to get onto.
we cant afford to play nizzy and dds together with our current system
we need 5 in the midfield with either janota or urena droping into our centre

marinermick

it's no use blaming kuol for not pulling a brace out of his arse
every week .
once again, we are getting nothing out of midfield. for various reasons .
no pace out wide , no quality balls for said strikers, to get onto.
we cant afford to play nizzy and dds together with our current system
we need 5 in the midfield with either janota or urena droping into our centre

I tend to agree with this but I think the general consensus is that Kuol is not as aggressive and driven as he was earlier in the season. He plucked goals out of his arse because of his pure will to win the ball. That has seem to be gone now.

JoyfulPenguin

I tend to agree with this but I think the general consensus is that Kuol is not as aggressive and driven as he was earlier in the season. He plucked goals out of his arse because of his pure will to win the ball. That has seem to be gone now.
I mean he did do that, but he also had the significant advantage that other clubs weren't expecting him. I would argue that he is getting in similar positions as earlier in the season, just that our attacking midfield pairing hasn't been able to deliver anything to him. De Silva and Nisbet had next to no impact against City, while Kuol was in position (I could see from the away bay) and he recieved very little ball despite being in an advantageous position the overwhelming majority of the time. The only time he received the ball on Saturday night was when route one was utilised to get over City's press or from a pressurised cross into the box by Miller/Clisby with Good and Reis surrounding him.

style_cafe

Accumulating yellow cards will do that to a player... :popcorn:

Corsair

Janota not even in the squad....maybe he is shit after all! :naughty::fireup:

This is not good:
Referee: Chris Beath

I was surprised to see Tongyik in the squad when the press release said he'd miss the remainder of this season's matches. Assume he'll miss the last 2 games?

Last edited:

Forum Phoenix

Agree. And there’s a number of reasons why that could be. But we don’t look like we’re really trying to find him either which isn’t helping. Though this past several weeks has also typically been us trying to play through already set defences as opposed to countering and hitting teams on the break and or playing more direct in general - where he scored the majority of his earlier goals.

He doesn’t look technical enough yet for the tighter link play - thigh a couple of times he has managed to provide good balls that could have been put away.

Forum Phoenix

Agree. And there’s a number of reasons why that could be. But we don’t look like we’re really trying to find him either which isn’t helping. Though this past several weeks has also typically been us trying to play through already set defences as opposed to countering and hitting teams on the break and or playing more direct in general - where he scored the majority of his earlier goals.
We are too slow in transition. Some of his best work has been on the break or where the long ball was actually on (and decently placed) but more often than not we take our time and let him get marked out of the game.
Yeah exactly this. Though I agree with others that he hasn’t looked as hungry or devil may care.

turbo

Importance of this game on finals standing can’t be overstated. A team we’re in direct competition with for a finals spot and a win would all but guarantee a finals spot due to the other match ups (Macarthur v nix, nix v Perth) so the team has to be completely up for this one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooChami