• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bosnich signs with Mariners

deano

bikinigirl said:
Redman James said:
FARK me u no what i mean!!!

. well quite often, no!

. it must take some considerable time to consistently type that badly, it is certainly hard to read and even harder to understand

Thank you  :thumbup:, And Redman James its nothing against you, its just that this is not the Scum Forum. We do have spelling and punctuation standards.

Blair

Ill try to do better.
But i dont see how shooting down some one helps and I am not scum. :mad:

deano

Redman James said:
Ill try to do better.
But i dont see how shooting down some one helps and I am not scum. :mad:
I apologise, although i never accused you of such treachery. But have you seen their forums, how they even power up their PC's i will never know.

Blair

Thanks, Deano.
Lets get back to the reason why this forum was made.
How good is this for us, Boza is going to bring so much to this great club!!!!

deano

Redman James said:
Thanks, Deano.
Lets get back to the reason why this forum was made.
How good is this for us, Boza is going to bring so much to this great club!!!!
Was there ever any doubt though? Not at first, but definitely after the PSC game against bling.

kevrenor

jaypee said:
Interesting that its 7 weeks - so a week either side of the "suspension"
... and ....
My point being that Danny is only out for 5....... not 7.... or do we have to do 7 regardless (I would have thought no as Romario only played 3 games for the reds....)

I got the impression from Lyall that we were quite happy to have him for 2 extra.

If you were Lawrie and your keeper got injured (as is a risk against Budget FC) wouldn't you want to see Bozza or Danny on the bench.  He will also be doing work in the community, charities and I suspect other promotional stuff.

bozz2.jpg

bikinigirl

. yep, seeing him at the fan day on sunday was a good indication and a good thing to see

. also i got his signature before the club  ;D

Tassiemariner

A credit to the club in being able to recruit someone of his profile.
Hopefully the pre-season match wasn't a once of and we get some consistent performances over the 5-7 matches.

~Floss~

kevrenor said:
jaypee said:
Interesting that its 7 weeks - so a week either side of the "suspension"
... and ....
My point being that Danny is only out for 5....... not 7.... or do we have to do 7 regardless (I would have thought no as Romario only played 3 games for the reds....)

I got the impression from Lyall that we were quite happy to have him for 2 extra.

If you were Lawrie and your keeper got injured (as is a risk against Budget FC) wouldn't you want to see Bozza or Danny on the bench.  He will also be doing work in the community, charities and I suspect other promotional stuff.

7 Matches also means he can have both his both debut and his send-off at Bluetongue.

Razorback

RE
Alicia said:
~Floss~ said:
7 Matches also means he can have both his both debut and his send-off at Bluetongue.

ahhh....... excellent thinking Floss  :tophat:

Really, do you think he'll start on Saturday? I doubt he'll even get on the pitch unless we are 3 up or 5 down!

A definate coup for the coast though, here's hoping he can persuade some of his mates to come to Australia (footballers not Columbian Cocaine lords) as possible Marquees. Can you imagine the connections this bloke would have, having played at Villa, Man Utd and Chelski.

marinersman

Just a hint there that the club might just be looking at tying him up to something more long term at some stage.

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/InsideFFA/default.aspx?s=insideffa_newsfeatures_newsitem&id=23276

Meanwhile, Mariners boss Lyall Gorman signalled his intentions to secure the veteran's services beyond the current arrangement.

"I think it's fair to say this is not necessarily the end of our journey with Mark," Gorman said.

"We've got Asia (AFC Asian Champions League) next year, Mark's got some unfinished business back in London he wants to go and address so we'll certainly be talking to Mark and his management post this."

"It's a start of a new journey both for us and for Mark and certainly there's some options around Asia and future involvement at the Mariners in the years to come."

dub

mickeverton said:
Be our guest Bosnich earns seven round stay with MarinersWednesday, 20 August 2008

The Central Coast Mariners today confirmed that Qantas Socceroo icon Mark Bosnich will be welcomed to the Mariners playing roster for seven rounds of the Hyundai A-League 2008/09 season as the Mariners first ever guest player.
http://www.ccmariners.com.au/default.aspx?s=ccfc_news_item&id=23275
It seems they do read our posts it was easy when someone does the legwork but its all good news?
Re: Bosnich Appreciation Thread
Reply #113 on: August 10, 2008, 05:59:53 PM

marinersman

Here's a link to the audio of the interview with Bozza at the press conference today.

http://sportal.com.au/mediaplayer/audio/Football/mark-bosnich-on-his-seven-match-deal-3301

yellowcake

Was Bozza's signing 7 weeks or 7 rounds, given that there are A-League breaks for FIFA match days on the Sept 5-7 and Oct 10-12?

7 weeks just covers last night until the last match affected by Danny's suspension - Adelaide away Fri Oct 3. We'd see him twice (other than the PSC "trial") at BT.

Ted

I think you will find he signed for 7 rounds, which would include the one just gone. This means  he has 6 remaining which would see him most likely run on for the 7th and have Danny as 2nd keeper for his first game back to coincide with Bozza's last.

FFC Mariner

Alternatively, he maintains the level of performance that he showed in the PSC and we can sign him as marquee.

I somehow doubt he is cheap and we may need the FFA to agree to marquee status to afford him???

Ted

Greenpoleffc said:
Alternatively, he maintains the level of performance that he showed in the PSC and we can sign him as marquee.

I somehow doubt he is cheap and we may need the FFA to agree to marquee status to afford him???

That would be awesome if it was to happen. I know there was talk of life beyond the 7 rounds, jsut not sure in what regard.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred