• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue Stadium rights

bikinigirl

Does anyone else find it embarrassing that our stadium is named after a product that no longer exists?

Why haven't the signs been pulled down?

. costs money

. may then require some remedial works which cost even more money. perhaps our front of shirt sponsor for the acl would like to replace the signage with their own?

Golly

so who can name all the names grahame park has been called?

central coast stadium
bluetounge
northpower
express advocate

im sure theres more or at least caaled these more than once

Gratis

I hope this comes off - great security for the club, potential for the fans and peace of mind we'll stay on the coast!

dibo

Mariners taking control of blue tongue. I'm late to this thread
Ah. Not happening. Fish interviewed former Mariners interim CEO before Christmas, and Adz typed it up. It covered stadium rights here:

And finally, stadium rights
We are talking with council who have decided to run it themselves, which is great, because we think they're probably the best people to do that, we just don't know what their proposal is going to be, and the lease for the current person runs out in February so we're looking forward to working with council to secure our games at Bluetongue. The ball is in their court somewhat; we're waiting to discuss and to look at their business plan and hope that we fit into that really strongly, and I'm sure we will because they're a great supporter of ours, and both Gosford and Wyong councils are very important to us but Gosford in particular because of the stadium.

Council asked for an expression of interest, which we put one in, so we said yes we'd like to run it and we'd like to run it like this, and so did a couple of other people, and when council got those expressions of interest they reviewed them and decided that they really would rather be more specific about what they were looking for. So the second stage is that they asked for a tender, where they could specifically ask we want you to deliver x-y-z, and we want you to pay for this-that and the other. When we looked at that we felt that those terms were too high and too expensive so we didn't put in a tender. So the confusion comes in yes we put in an expression of interest, no we didn't put in a tender, because we felt we couldn't meet those costs that council wanted to achieve.

There was one tender and it was what we term non-conforming; so they said they'd like to run it so basically what they did is they repeated what they said in their expression of interest I imagine, and council decided they weren't able to accept that, so they went to the market and no one in the market, no one in Australia, or anywhere else, could meet the terms that they requested. My understanding is from the minutes of their council meetings, is that they decided to write their own business plan and run it, which we're really excited about because we know what a strong supporter council is of the Mariners and of the Central Coast and we think it could be great.

Gratis

haha I see. for some reason I thought this was a new thread (even though I've seen it before) I thought the first post occured yesterday. damm

Bladesman

Gosford City Council means business. Having declared Council is “open for business” and “under new management” they are now “getting on with business”. To achieve their ambitious reform agenda, the organisation has streamlined its internal structure to separate strategy from operations, improve service alignment to improve quality and efficiency, and make Council more accessible and easier to do business with..

Existing Directors roles have been made redundant and applications are open for the new ones.....check out the careers page on the website to apply.

finally retired

apparently 17 of the 30 Department Managers are being axed as well as 2 of the 5 Directors. I guess someone thinks there are too many chiefs and not enough indians - probably the soon-to-be CEO who is the re-badged General Manager. Of course, those remaining will have twice the workload and will thus need to have their pay packages adjusted to reflect this, meaning no reduction in the total wage bill - except of course it will cost several million in redundancies. I guess this means we have half the current number of people working at Council at only a slightly increased cost over the next few years.

style_cafe

apparently 17 of the 30 Department Managers are being axed as well as 2 of the 5 Directors. I guess someone thinks there are too many chiefs and not enough indians - probably the soon-to-be CEO who is the re-badged General Manager. Of course, those remaining will have twice the workload and will thus need to have their pay packages adjusted to reflect this, meaning no reduction in the total wage bill - except of course it will cost several million in redundancies. I guess this means we have half the current number of people working at Council at only a slightly increased cost over the next few years.

Ring ICAC I don`t trust this Council......

Wombat

SM

This Council is a nightmare to deal with although they are slightly better than a few years ago when they were voted the worst Council in Australia. That may have had something to do with our roads collapsing into giant sinkholes and taking months to fix.

Lawrie is doing a good job but is really just a figurehead.

style_cafe

so u dont trust lawrie

Lawrie is a figurehead. Take him off the boat & it still sails in the same direction.
I`ve had recent dealings with the council & I wouldn`t trust any of them.
They are pro-development regardless of what the people think.
They ignore their own LEP`s, DCP`s etc. & bypass the issues & public safety.:fireup::naughty::redcard:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred