• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue Stadium rights

Big Al

Bloody hell sophisticated mob.

I love chugging a hot pie & cold chips trying not to spill my drink while crawling over people to get to my seat.
That's what going to game is all about.

If I want stir fry or pork cracking (F Yeah give me some of that) then I'll stay at home & watch the box in my comfy lounge chair

localpom

Bloody hell sophisticated mob.

I love chugging a hot pie & cold chips trying not to spill my drink while crawling over people to get to my seat.
That's what going to game is all about.

If I want stir fry or pork cracking (F Yeah give me some of that) then I'll stay at home & watch the box in my comfy lounge chair
Each to their own Big Al. :) Alot of what has been said has been said in jest( i think!). If we get the rights to the stadium though, why not try and show some initiative and give the fans some decent options? I'm there for the game(and a couple of beers) first and foremost but i have never understood why the only options are usually cr*p, over priced food and beer. Probably because us mugs continue to pay for it. We could really lead the way in stadium hospitality. It can't be that hard surely?

dibo

Stadium food is limited by the kitchens available as much as anything. You've got microwaves, pie ovens, deep fryers and drinks fridges, beyond that there's bugger all.

There's not really the time nor the space to be mucking around with niceties like salads; even the corporate boxes need to have anything like that carried across from CCLC so us plebs are no chance.

From what I know there simply aren't things like grills or stoves for sausages or woks, we're limited by the infrastructure.

TBH, anything else that comes in will likely have to be prepackaged and either served chilled/fresh or microwaved. Sandwiches and so on, maybe pre-packaged salads; but even they have the issue that they don't keep between events so there's a tight balance between undercatering and wastage that you don't get with food that is frozen then fried.

bikinigirl

. thanks dibo ... your writing is more gooder than i could have done ;)

. also the catering and stadium rights are likely to be under separate contracts and not necessarily aligned. if you had paid big bucks for the catering and look at every 'event' with the inherent uncertainty of numbers and sales ... reheating pies and deep frying some chips is your best bet to re-coup your investment

dibo

They set up a bar behind bay 16 a lot of times, wouldn't think it would be that hard to get a BBQ or something going somewhere...
Safety requirements around gas bottles are pretty strict, and then there are the various other HACCP issues.

A bar selling tinnies is not much different to a bar selling bags of chips in the sense that the product is sealed and sterile until you open it.

Tubs of ice only explode or catch fire very rarely and if I've ever drunk a beer that was off I've not really noticed.

midfielder

Maybe TIC comment ;) .... hhhhmmm cough cough maybe perhaps ... ideas on uniforms catering staff should wear ... not suggesting fish net stockings ... but maybe Mariners shirts and shorts ...

Wombat

Maby a make you're own pizza or burger stand would work:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn: FIGJAM!!!!!!!

Stop with the Figjam will ya! I was selling that on mugs, boxers and t-shirts 20 years ago.
Some GayFL player called Nicky Winmar started when u were in nappies.

T

Safety requirements around gas bottles are pretty strict, and then there are the various other HACCP issues.

A bar selling tinnies is not much different to a bar selling bags of chips in the sense that the product is sealed and sterile until you open it.

Tubs of ice only explode or catch fire very rarely and if I've ever drunk a beer that was off I've not really noticed.

Pretty sure they have set up a BBQ style thing next to the Merch stand at the back of the stadium before, selling Kransky rolls.

adz

Staff member
Ummmmm

SAUSAGE!!!!!!

images

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members