• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue Pitch To Get Facelift

scottmac

Suspended
Arnold will be fuming. After trying and succeeding at turning around our home fortunes probably the 2 most important games to date have to be played in no mans land. So we have suffered 3 games in 40 odd days for what?

Would like to have heard this from management rather than fu**ing Andy Harper. Another example of weak leadership from the Mariners. They get so much right its astounding that these things are not taken care of.

Retraction. :unsure:

Apologies to CCM.

Can't wait for next weekend.

marinermick

there will still be problems on sunday

the seams have not had time to knit together properly so they may be some sideways movement

will be a hell of alot better than newcastle's though

scottmac

Suspended
Can't believe the amount of sand under the grass. Is that normal? Will it be right by next game? Are we doing substantial damage to it by playing there now? Time for some research, there goes the rest of my work day :lol:

kevrenor

Picking up an old thread to post this from Mike Cockerill in the SMH about Gosford City Council and its running of the Stadium pitch:

GROUNDS FOR COMPLAINT Central Coast Mariners aren't allowed to train on Bluetongue Stadium in order to protect the playing surface. That's despite the fact they're the only permanent tenant, and the pitch remains one of the worst in the league.

Nonetheless the table-toppers have copped the ban with good grace, until this week. The Mariners wanted to train in Gosford yesterday before flying to Melbourne, but the request was rejected because Gosford City Council wants to protect the pitch for - wait for it - tomorrow's rugby league trial between Wests Tigers and Parramatta, which will involve three grades.

Without football, the stadium is a white elephant, but there's never been much doubt about where the loyalties lie.

This is the stadium which didn't want the 2001 World Cup qualifying tournament, and - famously - put cardboard rugby league corner posts into the ground for an NSL match between Northern Spirit and Newcastle Jets. But for a 60-minute dash to Budgewoi Football Club and back by an official, Bill Walker, that game would have been cancelled because of the cock-up. Not much seems to have changed.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football/sage-holds-fire-as-fergie-tries-to-cash-in-on-record-run-20120209-1rx89.html#ixzz1lwMLfola

marinermick

Or an AAMI-like surface where a third of grass blades are synthetic.

Actually a full synthetic pitch would not be that bad of an idea.

bloggo

Maybe the russians can be involved, let the council know whats what. Imagine how confused and angry they'd be when they find out its being preserved for "football" to see the abomination that is rugby league ruin the pitch

style_cafe

With all that shit on it this weekend & a little rain next week it should be fine for our next home match!!! :eek:verhead:

adz

Staff member
Absolutely pissing down now... should be nice and muddy to help the rugby league tear it up completely.

midfielder

Absolutely pissing down now... should be nice and muddy to help the rugby league tear it up completely.

So true ... wonders aloud if our new owners have deep pockets and can build a 12 K to 15 K stadium at the COE ....

scottmac

Suspended
Tigers v Eels. WTF.

I'm over league. I used to watch and follow it all the time but since the mariners i keep loosing interest more and more each year.

true believer

Tigers v Eels. WTF.

I'm over league. I used to watch and follow it all the time but since the mariners i keep loosing interest more and more each year.

what a great game league is. the sweat game of power,skill,endurence and courage.
a game at could be football's natural ally against the protected spiecs of complete shit
from the south

midfielder

what a great game league is. the sweat game of power,skill,endurence and courage.
a game at could be football's natural ally against the protected spiecs of complete shit
from the south

TB

Think I know were you headed.... roughly one and a half ago I went to a business dinner with a client, two people at the dinner who were by and large there because of my client were very senior media folk... like a national media manager and media director of mega companies name companies in the media.... they made it very clear that any station that had both RL & Football would slay all others.... since then 20 20 cricket has changed things a fair bit however the rating game does place a real value on football and most RL folk follow the Socceroos and can name a Socceroo squad .... well an older one anyway...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred