• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue Pitch To Get Facelift

cbowden9000

The playing surface at Bluetongue Stadium in Gosford will undertake a complete re-turf, Central Coast Mariners said.

The re-turf will be the first of its kind at the stadium in nine years and will commence on Sunday.

Central Coast Stadium management and Central Coast Mariners support Gosford City Council's desire to maintain a high-quality facility that will sustain the level of elite competition staged at the venue.

The installation of the new turf will not only provide a premium playing surface but will also assist with the high volume of events conducted at the stadium.

Mayor of Gosford City, Councillor Laurie Maher, welcomes the initiative and anticipates a positive result for those that utilise the Stadium.

"Stadium hirers and patrons alike will benefit from the replacement of the existing turf which will result in an improvement in the long-term integrity of the playing field.”

To coincide with the replacement of the playing surface, stadium management will open the field to all children on Saturday after the Mariners game against North Queensland Fury.
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1024813/Bluetongue-pitch-to-get-facelift

Brighty

Hahaha, Mariners to let everyone loose on the field after the game so they/we can rip it up in a "who give's a shit" attitude!! Love it.

Will be a great day for the kids if all the Mariners players stay on for a kick about!!

neverwozza

Does being childish count? I was genuinely looking forward to having a little kickabout with my kids on Sat.

cbowden9000

Does being childish count? I was genuinely looking forward to having a little kickabout with my kids on Sat.

I'm sure they'll let parents on! What are they gonna do, have a perimeter of parents around the barriers of the pitch screaming "don't run too fast!" while there is a mosh-pit of kids going crazy un-supervised?

the J Man

well there be new grass on that there pitch and sprinklers running everywhere.amazing after that bloody wind storm saturday

Bex

Yeh drove past last Saturday and from what I could see whilst peering over my shoulder whilst heading West over the bridge (don't try this at home) it looked to be fully resurfaced.

Myzer

Yeah I heard him say the same thing. If its true I'm pretty pissed off as that game is part of the season ticket for membership.

Also the fact we haven't heard anything from the club about it themselves yet.

kevrenor

We laid new grass in our yard about the same time and it is lush and green - almost perfect conditions. How could they fark that up?

Myzer

The interesting thing is about 3 hours ago I got the e-mail newsletter that has the news item "The Mariners finally return home next Sunday!"

http://ccmariners.bpdmail.com.au/newsletter101112.html

Edit: it also mentions rescheduled match on the 28th against Brisbane being at Blue Tongue

midfielder

Stadium management refused to do this during the March to August time zone .. saying they needed to do it over the last few weeks ...

The Jets have it as well... having grounds controlled by people from RL somehow always results in the Football team being shafted and having to take it up the arse...

I hope there is a huge compensation package especially as Fold & the Roar are top of the table clashes and the Roar in particular will put bums on seats given the way they are playing... perfect growing weather and if they have farked it up fark... and also a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo to our club management for being so quite about it...

dibo

certain grasses don't grow in winter so they need to be done in summer and it has been really f**king wet. it's difficult growing time, and that risk was always there.

scottmac

Suspended
Stadium management refused to do this during the March to August time zone .. saying they needed to do it over the last few weeks ...

The Jets have it as well... having grounds controlled by people from RL somehow always results in the Football team being shafted and having to take it up the arse...

I hope there is a huge compensation package especially as Fold & the Roar are top of the table clashes and the Roar in particular will put bums on seats given the way they are playing... perfect growing weather and if they have farked it up fark... and also a big BOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo to our club management for being so quite about it...

Arnold will be fuming. After trying and succeeding at turning around our home fortunes probably the 2 most important games to date have to be played in no mans land. So we have suffered 3 games in 40 odd days for what?

Would like to have heard this from management rather than fu**ing Andy Harper. Another example of weak leadership from the Mariners. They get so much right its astounding that these things are not taken care of.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred