• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue expansion

~Floss~

dibo said:
Omni said:
thomas477 said:
unless you go 5 stories high it aint gonna happen

I'm keen for 5 stories, that'd be AWESOME!

once upon a time...

Sorry, minor thread hijack warning:

5stories.jpg

Sheesh Dibo, you don't miss a thing.

We can all feel very safe with the Grammar Police on the case.

dibo

~Floss~ said:
Sheesh Dibo, you don't miss a thing.

We can all feel very safe with the Grammar Police on the case.

i thought omni was already taking the piss, i was just making the follow-up play.

dibo

leaving aside taking the piss out of thomas's spelling, we can also take the piss out of the fact that the main stands are probably 5 storeys tall already.

dibo

~Floss~ said:
Well then, let's just make them 5 tears tall instead.  :p

lacing on the lollerskates to race off to the roflcopter to meet chairman lmao - brb!

thomas477

hmm last league game at BTS, Newcastle 2 Mariners 1 ?
last semi game Mariners 3 Newcastle 0

BUT according to ccm fans, league is more important then the cup

Atomic

thomas477 said:

According to FOOTBALL fans, the Premiership is more important than the Championship (or as Greenpoleffc calls it - the Post Season cup ;) . Also known as the Toilet seat, or in the Jests case "Con's toilet seat"))

serious14

thomas477 said:

You mean the league that we won??

Gotcha.

Auburn Mariner

Isnt it the case that only one city can have 2 stadiums and the rest have one for a WC. If that were the case the WC would be in the following 10 stadiums with following adjusted capacities:

Sydney: ANZ Stadium (Final Venue) 83k+
Sydney: Aussie Stadium 45k+
Melbourne: New Victory/Storm Stadium plus upgrade from 31k-about 60k+ needed
Newcastle: EAS (upgraded) from 26k - about 40k+ needed
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium 52k (good, gets a stamp with a smiley face on it)
Adelaide: New Stadium or upgrade Hindmarsh needs about 50-60k
Perth: New Stadium or upgrade Members Equity needs about 50-60k
Gold Coast: Skilled Park (Upgrade) 29k - 50k needed
Central Coast: New Stadium or upgrade BT needs 40k+
Canberra: Bruce Stadium (Upgrade) needs 40k+
Townsville: Dairy Farmers Stadium needs 40k+

as you can see no we are in no state for a world cup with only 3 purpose built stadiums being large enough (ANZ, Aussie, Suncorp) and I reckon that Suncorp is the only one that can pretty much remain as it is and host WC games. Therefore with this bid, I reckon we might see a new stadium in our neck of the woods

[/quote]

Ah, what about Football Park in Adelaide (55k) and the MCG (100k)? The MCG would be the final venue, surely? I cannot see how the G does not meet FIFA regs, when many of the recent World Cup games have been held in stadia with Athletics Tracks around them.

Perth are building a new 60k stadium for Fremantle, West Coast and the Western Force, to replace an ageing Subiaco.

Also, QEII stadium in BrisVegas is massive, old, but very large (60k plus),

Jesus

Jesus
I think the ffa should demand more purpose built stadiums. I think that the new perth stadium already had its plans modified so as it would meet fifa world cup standards.

I dont think we should settle for playing at afl grounds. This is a chance for football to gain infrastructure. These stadiums will be used not only for the world cup, but for the asian cup, and, as it grows, the a-league. If we let them use afl grounds we will not get the infrustructure, will always be 2nd on the leases, and have our season dictated by afl in those areas.

I read that the msg did not meet specs, but then read elsewhere it did. I am not sure which is true, but i dont think there should be a problem with the mcg being used for games. I doubt the final will be there though.

skilbeck

Auburn Mariner said:
Isnt it the case that only one city can have 2 stadiums and the rest have one for a WC. If that were the case the WC would be in the following 10 stadiums with following adjusted capacities:

Sydney: ANZ Stadium (Final Venue) 83k+
Sydney: Aussie Stadium 45k+
Melbourne: New Victory/Storm Stadium plus upgrade from 31k-about 60k+ needed
Newcastle: EAS (upgraded) from 26k - about 40k+ needed
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium 52k (good, gets a stamp with a smiley face on it)
Adelaide: New Stadium or upgrade Hindmarsh needs about 50-60k
Perth: New Stadium or upgrade Members Equity needs about 50-60k
Gold Coast: Skilled Park (Upgrade) 29k - 50k needed
Central Coast: New Stadium or upgrade BT needs 40k+
Canberra: Bruce Stadium (Upgrade) needs 40k+
Townsville: Dairy Farmers Stadium needs 40k+

as you can see no we are in no state for a world cup with only 3 purpose built stadiums being large enough (ANZ, Aussie, Suncorp) and I reckon that Suncorp is the only one that can pretty much remain as it is and host WC games. Therefore with this bid, I reckon we might see a new stadium in our neck of the woods

Ah, what about Football Park in Adelaide (55k) and the MCG (100k)? The MCG would be the final venue, surely? I cannot see how the G does not meet FIFA regs, when many of the recent World Cup games have been held in stadia with Athletics Tracks around them.

Perth are building a new 60k stadium for Fremantle, West Coast and the Western Force, to replace an ageing Subiaco.

Also, QEII stadium in BrisVegas is massive, old, but very large (60k plus),

[/quote]

i thought according to fifa regulations they had to be purpose built for football which would rule out football park, MCG, subiaco/new perth stadium.

Jesus said:
I think the ffa should demand more purpose built stadiums. I think that the new perth stadium already had its plans modified so as it would meet fifa world cup standards.

I dont think we should settle for playing at afl grounds. This is a chance for football to gain infrastructure. These stadiums will be used not only for the world cup, but for the asian cup, and, as it grows, the a-league. If we let them use afl grounds we will not get the infrustructure, will always be 2nd on the leases, and have our season dictated by afl in those areas.

I read that the msg did not meet specs, but then read elsewhere it did. I am not sure which is true, but i dont think there should be a problem with the mcg being used for games. I doubt the final will be there though.

and i agree with Jesus, the ffa should be demanding more stadiums purpose built for football. with a potential perth stadium, the force and the glory could share it, same with melbourne. the only place where there will be no other tennant to share with would be in adelaide

skilbeck

Auburn Mariner said:
The MCG would be the final venue, surely? I cannot see how the G does not meet FIFA regs, when many of the recent World Cup games have been held in stadia with Athletics Tracks around them.

A positive factor for us New South Welshmen is that sydney will get the final this is due to Lowys influence even if the MCG is deemed suitable by fifa regulations

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred