• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bluetongue expansion

Jesus

Jesus
Reading twg, Moris listed cc as one of the stadiums that has the possibility of expansion to meet fifa requirments at the world cup. I dont think lowy would want them to upgrade penrith and parra. Newy already getting done. Gong was the other. I hope lowy was impressing bluey, gong, and whereever the WS team ends up.

Would mean a 40k bluetongue. Which would be awesome. I think that that would take some major redevelopement of existing stands.

MCG apparently wont meet fifa requirements as it is not a purposebuilt football stadium

dibo

the property isn't big enough - they'd need to build it somewhere else in gosford. adcock, the racecourse or the showground would be the only real candidates.

midfielder

Jesus said:
Reading twg, Moris listed cc as one of the stadiums that has the possibility of expansion to meet fifa requirments at the world cup. I dont think lowy would want them to upgrade penrith and parra. Newy already getting done. Gong was the other. I hope lowy was impressing bluey, gong, and whereever the WS team ends up.

Would mean a 40k bluetongue. Which would be awesome. I think that that would take some major redevelopement of existing stands.

MCG apparently wont meet fifa requirements as it is not a purposebuilt football stadium

Insightful post J,.............had not given it much through .......but yer.........why upgrade league grounds............well done.

midfielder

666 through on my previous post.....................this would be funny..........

To get the world cup build a 40, 000 stadium at ..................BLACKTOWN...............f up the............hypeFL.

Davo

Structurally the stadium could be expanded to hold say another 10,000 people.  However, considering the lack of parking and access to the stadium already this could cause major problems.  Like Dibo said, Adcock park is the perfect location for a future stadium.

dibo

googleearthviewofstadiurk1.jpg

no space to expand it really. road, railway, road...

Bear

Not getting into this fight again. But... Another tier above the bay would be about it, cant do anything else

marinermick

close dane drive, lower that section of the railway, and relocate the bowling club and you have plenty of room for expansion

there is no way another stadium will be built and unlikely that the above will happen, so iemma is just playing politics

FFC Mariner

Load of Iemma bollocks to try to deflect attention from his corrupt junta (on the day that a load of people got punted from the party for corrupt behaviour - coincidence??)

Rowdy

Tunnel the trains under the extension of the stadium going towards the bowling greens to complete the 'rectangle' of an expanded site.

You could incorporate a pedestrian tunnel link direct from the station to the stadium for exclusive entry/exit..........and still keep the precious palm trees which gives the place a 'unique' (excellent imo) perspective.

Rowdy

;D
I can hear Ivan now "mmmmmmmmmm, corporate hammocks? drinks with umbrella's, delivered by babes in bikini's"

Jesus

Jesus
I dont see why the coast should settle for not being one of the expanded grounds. It is about making sure we get the advantages of world cup infrastructure. Will also leade to greater other infrastructure.

If games are a bluey, The govt would invest in parking, roads and rail options. As they would have to. We are talking about infrastructure works beyond the stadium. That the coast deserves, and needs

RADINHO

dibo said:
googleearthviewofstadiurk1.jpg

no space to expand it really. road, railway, road...

i agree to expand we would be taken up central coast highway and a rail route we can not expand bluetongue we have to build a bigger bluetongue in a different location.

Gav...

well the only way to expand at bluetongue is to put the railway underground and have an event train station like at olympic park. Maybe even get rid of the palm trees and put a tunnel on the central coast highway or just build a new stadium at the showgrounds that doesnt seem to be used much

skilbeck

Jesus said:

2 things: is there anywhere in Wyong Shire that we could build it. There is lots of land there.

and

Isnt it the case that only one city can have 2 stadiums and the rest have one for a WC. If that were the case the WC would be in the following 10 stadiums with following adjusted capacities:

Sydney: ANZ Stadium (Final Venue) 83k+
Sydney: Aussie Stadium 45k+
Melbourne: New Victory/Storm Stadium plus upgrade from 31k-about 60k+ needed
Newcastle: EAS (upgraded) from 26k - about 40k+ needed
Brisbane: Suncorp Stadium 52k (good, gets a stamp with a smiley face on it)
Adelaide: New Stadium or upgrade Hindmarsh needs about 50-60k
Perth: New Stadium or upgrade Members Equity needs about 50-60k
Gold Coast: Skilled Park (Upgrade) 29k - 50k needed
Central Coast: New Stadium or upgrade BT needs 40k+
Canberra: Bruce Stadium (Upgrade) needs 40k+
Townsville: Dairy Farmers Stadium needs 40k+

as you can see no we are in no state for a world cup with only 3 purpose built stadiums being large enough (ANZ, Aussie, Suncorp) and I reckon that Suncorp is the only one that can pretty much remain as it is and host WC games. Therefore with this bid, I reckon we might see a new stadium in our neck of the woods

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred