• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

BDO 2010

J

jiggles

I usually stay away from BDO's (my personal opinion being that they are ridiculously over priced, full of too many drunk girls, attract too many dickhead guys and the bands are usually one or two really great bands...followed by a thousand shit ones...so I'd rather see the side shows...)

But anyway.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,26135045-5016486,00.html

David Bowie? If he DIDN'T do a sideshow...I'd consider it.
But...really? Bowie?

They say he's been thrown in to appeal to an older audience...

FFC Mariner

Saw Bowie live at Wembley on the "Glass Spider" tour.

Absolute shite - people were booing. Cant imagine age has made him any better live?

This guy went from one of the standout live performers of his generation (as Ziggy Stardust/Aladin Sane) but as he got into his conceptual rubbish, he just lost it.

Sean

poko said:
I usually stay away from BDO's (my personal opinion being that they are ridiculously over priced, full of too many drunk girls, attract too many dickhead guys and the bands are usually one or two really great bands...followed by a thousand shit ones...so I'd rather see the side shows...)

But anyway.

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,28383,26135045-5016486,00.html

David Bowie? If he DIDN'T do a sideshow...I'd consider it.
But...really? Bowie?

They say he's been thrown in to appeal to an older audience...

Same thing was said last year about Neil Young, and by far has been the best act I have seen at a Big Day Out so far.
"But...really? Neil Young?" I swear I had this same convo on the forum a year ago when he was announced. I have no doubt DB will be awesome.

Its a great idea to have an older-yet-absolutely-fkn-amazing-act like Neil Young and David Bowie at the end of the day, because BDO's attract a crowd which by that time are well pissed or "pinging" by this time, and they will definitely be presented with a choice of the Boiler Room with a massive dance act, or the arena at the end of the night.

Yes, BDO's are shit for those reasons mentioned by Pokie about the absolute muscle-head jocks who are only there to be seen in an Australian singlet and pilled off their head with absolutely nooo idea who is on the schedule, and pretty much the same with the girls who make any persons white shirt turn brown by the end of the day due to the over-allocation of both annoying drunk girls into the venue and the fake tan theyre wearing.

BUT it is good to see a whole raft of bands you are keen on seeing and can't afford to see them at sideshows as it would be thrice the cost of a big day out ticket (Neil Young tickets were around 120 last year).

Im sure most of the forum will be pleased seeing the "What are you listening to now?" thread has turned into the "Circle jerk about Muse thread" that Muse are also heavily rumoured to be on the bill for next years BDO.

Them Crooked Vultures are confirmed already (Superband with members Josh Homme, Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones) with shows at the Hordern on the 26th of Jan close to selling out last time i checked.

Heavy-metal band Mastodon, (sorry Mastodon fans if I get your genre wrong and didn't say death-core metal-thrashcore or whatever it is) are also confirmed.

serious14

Holy.

Mother.

Of. 

God.

I was flying back anyway purely for the Muse capers, but if this is indeed true.....

7496863% win.  Them Crooked Vultures are f*cking ace - The Mars Volta just rule - MASSIVE F*CKING ATTACK!!!

:eek:  ;D

Saffron

Every email I have received about Them Crooked Vultures SPECIFICALLY points out that there are no festival shows. Are you sure they are confirmed????

Not that I care since I have my tickets for the Horden on Australia Day...

Sean

Saffron said:
Every email I have received about Them Crooked Vultures SPECIFICALLY points out that there are no festival shows. Are you sure they are confirmed????

Not that I care since I have my tickets for the Horden on Australia Day...

Yeah I was just going by their booked in dates at the Hordern on the 26th, but looking on their wiki they play in brisbane on the 25th so maybe not...

Saffron

2010 1ST ANNOUNCEMENT - ON SALE 7th OCT (SYD) 8th OCT (GC) 9th OCT (ALL OTHERS) - $140 + BF - Muse, Powderfinger, Lily Allen, Eskimo Joe, Groove Armada, Grinspoon, The Mars Volta, Ladyhawke, Dizzee Rascal, Karnivool, Peaches, The Temper Trap, Kasabia...n, Midnight Juggernauts, Rise Against, Magic Dirt, Mastodon, Lisa Mitchell, The Horrors, Bluejuice, Calvin Harris, Kisschasy, The Decemberists, Tame Impala & Girl Talk

Sean

Let the Muse circle jerking begin as Muse are headlining.

Thats a pretty poor, recycled lineup with most of those acts already having played BDO before.

serious14

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDESHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWS!!!

*starts planning cheap flights for a visit home*

J

jiggles

Out of those lined up so far...I like one. And not enough to pay $140 to see.

I'm happy with my Soundwave ticket.

Oh, and just to cause some drama-llamas....I'm not a fan of Muse and think they're overrated.

*awaits the uproar*

Sean

Bowie might be playing Sydney Festival.

I might hold off getting a ticket to bdo and go for Syd Festival tickets.
Nick Cave's All Tomorrows Parties on Cockatoo Island was amazing, I also saw Santigold in the city as well as Bon Iver.

dru

2 or 3 internationals I like 1 or 2 i will see as a side show, the rest are local and I'll probably see most pop up at the 3 day playground weekender festival in Feb. costs to much for the crap you get.

poko said:
Oh, and just to cause some drama-llamas....I'm not a fan of Muse and think they're overrated.

*awaits the uproar*
:goodpost:

J

jiggles

The Sydney Dance Company did a performance based purely on Nick Caves music...it's amazing.

serious14

poko said:

*awaits the uproar*

1206562922501419645qubodup_16x16px-capable_black_and_white_icons_5.svg.med.png

17-brisbane_roar_logo.jpg

;)

Tassiemariner

Ok so there is 25 bands listed in that line-up.
4 are in my top 15 favourite bands ever and there is another 8 i would love to see.
How i wish i was living on the mainland and/or had a lot of money.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred