• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bay 16 awful quiet these days

Sacko

Getting into the ground at 6.59 meant that the 10 or so in our group had to stand at the back of 14 instead of our usual spot at the back of 15. From where we were it looked like 16 and 15 where both making a lot of noise especially in the last 15 mins.

Once we've cracked the ACL maybe we can afford a roof for the home end to keep the sound in, along with a bar and a bog!   

Wheresdadspants?

Just my 2 cents. I have been here since V1 and dad and I have sat in bay 16 and I have been on many away trips including a booze filled blur to adelaide with eggy and mick and the infamous V1 trip to qld on the banana bus. I love what the home end does with people like Auburn, bear eggy etc. but this season I have grabbed tickets on halfway in the grandstand because of friends and have enjoyed it more because the bay, even though the efforts of many, just seems like a highschool dance on a friday night and I have not been brought up to sit in an area like that. I  now have a small group in the granstand getting many to chant but the bay, I think is dwindling due to the teenie boppers and the drunken morons who don't know what real football is. The majority are great like I have said but I don't know what the problem is. We need to own our stadium and when we have crowds like we did on saturday it will come naturally but in the mean time I understand the problem the marinators have and respect the time and effort put in by a few. It is just the kiddies trying to pick up and the drunken bums who ruin it for everyone. Thanks
                                                                  Brad W.

FFC Mariner

Just a suggestion here but for next season how about memberships in reserved seating for those who want to sing??

(Gets us a roof too)

Wheresdadspants?

Greenpoleffc said:
Just a suggestion here but for next season how about memberships in reserved seating for those who want to sing??

(Gets us a roof too)

it is a pipe dream but i know about 6-10 people really keen for that plus a few from coff harbour who travel a bit and get the grandstands going. I'll be in for it though.

I love bay 16. But sometimes the effort put in by some is just awful. Some just show up to be part of the crowd. Its slowly getting worse and worse as the seasons go on. Marinators are losing lots of respect unfortunately. We've been dominated at home by our 2 biggest rivals (I'm not to proud to admit). Its a joke really

Jimmy

New plan for NYE game, we all sit down on our hands and whisper to each other about how shite (quiet) the rest of the crowd is.

c-crew

Wheresdadspants? said:
Greenpoleffc said:

(Gets us a roof too)

it is a pipe dream but i know about 6-10 people really keen for that plus a few from coff harbour who travel a bit and get the grandstands going. I'll be in for it though.

Absolutely guys! Spread it around. Even 6-10 people together WILL get other people to join in. If it is kept easy and repetative, people will join in. Think of the few guys that start the mexican waves etc. at the cricket. Gee the crowd up and they are sure to join in.

PS. The Marinators do do us proud. The Cove did have a hell of a lot more people. But the Cove did still do really well, at the start of the game, when they were 1, then 2 nil down, they did nothing but sing the whole time.

tyson

threadstarter, please tell me - why do the people in bay 16 have to be the chant starters?

i have recently moved to bay 15 to infect the people there. i have more people in bay 15 singing along to chants i start there than people in bay 16. maybe you should try it? the easiest is the mariners clap clap clap and the whole stadium joins in once the atmosphere gets going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred