• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Bay 16 awful quiet these days

ballantyne

I've been attending bays 15 and 17 since the beginning, and I gotta say Bay 16 is awful quiet these days. When I go to the bar I usually take a few mins to listen to Bay 16 from half way. It's not good. This season we've been totally out-noised by both Newcastle and Sydney.

Maybe if you're in Bay 16 it sounds loud, but it doesn't carry. Last night against Sydney was the nadir. People all around me in Bay 15 were asking why 16 wasn't doing its bit.
My loyalty is 100% with the Mariners, but I can see that the Cove make us look weak. Perhaps we need more leadership. Us 15 and 17ers are joiners-in not starters, but we need something to join in with.
I apologise in advance for the high blood pressure this post may cause.
Jonathan

radar

The rest of the crowd helped pick up the slack - we can't rely on the diehards in the Bay to create the atmosphere for us every week.

Having said that though, the Bay was surprisingly empty considering the record attendance.

Auburn Mariner

As a Home End regular, I can't comment on how we sounded elsewhere. My voice this morning tells me we tried to sing our hearts out.

It is fact that there are MANY MORE people in the Cove than there are Marinators. I have been with the Cove for ACL games and they are many and they are LOUD.

I had at least 5 people come up to me AFTER the game and say we were quiet and were owned by the Cove. From my position, there was maybe 1/2 to 3/5ths of Bay 16 in full voice, compared to over 2 bays of the Cove.

We all do our best, and I am prepared to cop the criticism on the chin. I PROMISE you I will do my very best at the remaining games and finals.

Can I say one thing though; if you are prepared to have your say about how loud we are or are not, why don't you join the rest of us in the Home End and MAKE SOME NOISE????

CCM-JAM80

ballantyne said:
I've been attending bays 15 and 17 since the beginning, and I gotta say Bay 16 is awful quiet these days. When I go to the bar I usually take a few mins to listen to Bay 16 from half way. It's not good. This season we've been totally out-noised by both Newcastle and Sydney.

Maybe if you're in Bay 16 it sounds loud, but it doesn't carry. Last night against Sydney was the nadir. People all around me in Bay 15 were asking why 16 wasn't doing its bit.
My loyalty is 100% with the Mariners, but I can see that the Cove make us look weak. Perhaps we need more leadership. Us 15 and 17ers are joiners-in not starters, but we need something to join in with.
Jonathan

I am not one who sits in Bay 16 - let's make that clear. I have a season ticket in the Western Stand.

With that said, the pride and passion The Marinators bring to the game each and every week is appreciated by all who attend.

In my opinion, Bay 16 was once again "loud" and representing well as is usual.

You state "perhaps we need more leadership"? I am puzzled. In my time as a sports fan and member of this club, I cannot recall a supporters group that boasts a crew with such strong leadership.

Your contructive criticism is I am sure appreciated, though how about posting ideas for the guys that may help in "improving" the atmosphere? Fobbing it off as "perhaps more leadership" isn't helping in my opinion.

Let it also be said, the "noise" factor isn't The Marinators responsibility only.

Maybe the same constructive feedback could be directed at the club as well?

Just a thought.

All in all, I couldn't fault the support shown both visually and vocally by either side last night. Perhaps I am easily pleased?

Auburn Mariner

""You state "perhaps we need more leadership"? I am puzzled. In my time as a sports fan and member of this club, I cannot recall a supporters group that boasts a crew with such strong leadership.""

I know that this message will be warmly received by the Executive of the Marinators Club. Thank you.

radar

Auburn Mariner said:
As a Home End regular, I can't comment on how we sounded elsewhere. My voice this morning tells me we tried to sing our hearts out.

It is fact that there are MANY MORE people in the Cove than there are Marinators. I have been with the Cove for ACL games and they are many and they are LOUD.

I had at least 5 people come up to me AFTER the game and say we were quiet and were owned by the Cove. From my position, there was maybe 1/2 to 3/5ths of Bay 16 in full voice, compared to over 2 bays of the Cove.

We all do our best, and I am prepared to cop the criticism on the chin. I PROMISE you I will do my very best at the remaining games and finals.

Can I say one thing though; if you are prepared to have your say about how loud we are or are not, why don't you join the rest of us in the Home End and MAKE SOME NOISE????

As has been mentioned before, the lack of a roof at the home end certainly means the sound goes out into space, as compared to the away end which is covered, and tends to direct the chants OUT rather than UP.

The rest of the crowd certainly got stuck into it last night, which is a nice surprise.

Gen (MarinerMum)

The bay may have been quiet but for a group to be loud it needs people who are prepared to stand and chant and sit in shit seats.  I am personally torn between the 2 bays 16 & 6 because I love to watch the game & I love to cheer my side on. 

We also have to keep people onside by not using rude language & often the chanter ahs a barrow full of chants that are either R rated or MA rated then people complain. So we are damed if we do and damed if we don't.

All I know is that we eat, sleep, breath and live Mariners and without supporters, football would be nothing.

kevrenor

My attempts to speak after the game came out in squeaks, as my rare chance to be in Bay 16 was used to the full! 

I had around me in Bay 16 lots of quite young fans, all trying to get into it but they aren't seasoned voices, yet. It will come, and thanks to all those who tried so hard for most of the game - even when  feeling numb like I was by what I was seeing.

I'm usually in the media box - and a bit deaf - where I can't hear too much but the sound of Bays 15-17 fills in the lulls in Bays 6&7. 

FFC Mariner

Same - voice barely there this morning (but I am in 15 not 16).

Simple answer = no roof.

If we moved to one of the bays at the side with a roof to amplify the sound. Problem solved

Jimmy

ballantyne said:

Jonathan

So what your saying is that to help us get louder, your going to join us in bay 16 then?

bjw

bjw
Its also because of the people that sit right down the front, they: Dont wear yellow, dont chant, dont stand
they annoy me

serious14

Cove had a roof, and 1500 or so active, non-emo hardcore supporters in a confined area (2 bays).  We had 100 or so starting the singing with a bay 3/4 full of first time blow ins, a high majority of them not wearing yellow.

Now which do you think is going to be louder??  ;)

Jeff (LouMacari)

Ballentyne it would take greater leadership than we currently have to make people like you (15 & 17) get of their ass and sing with us. Even when 'stand up for the mariners' is sung through mega phones directed at your bay, you still cant get the super glue from your butt.

As Jimmy said, perhaps if you really are interested in helping, you will be standing and singing the whole game like the hard core in back of 16? If so, welcome aboard, If not, shut up!

brett

Criticism is welcome, and what you're saying Ballantyne is not unreasonable.

We've added megaphones, taken them away, gone with capos, gone without, and tried other things to basically tweak the performance of the bay over time to make things as loud as possible. This is an ongoing project.

But fact is, we need more people. It's not for everyone, but there are many (maybe you) around the ground who would love the standing and singing, if they gave it a go. Criticism IS fair, but comments like "People all around me in Bay 15 were asking why 16 wasn't doing its bit" show a perception that worries me. Contrary to popular belief, the Marinators didn't come with the stadium. 16 won't be loud just because it's 16. We need help.

dibo

ballantyne said:
People all around me in Bay 15 were asking why 16 wasn't doing its bit.

problem = not enough noise

cause = not enough people singing

observation = bay 15 thinks bay 16 aren't making enough noise

solution = bay 15 should sing too

Ballantyne - I reckon you're right, we could and should be louder. More than that, there's a solution right in front of our noses. ;)

If bay 15 want more noise there's a simple step they should take.

uptheguts

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
As Jimmy said, perhaps if you really are interested in helping, you will be standing and singing the whole game like the hard core in back of 16? If so, welcome aboard, If not, shut up!

Lou - Perhaps mate if required we move some of our louder boys into Bay 15. The issue with that is unless 15 are willing to stand up then it is not worth it. We will jst dilute the sound even more.

Whilst I am not taking the piss bay 15 and 17 if they think we are not loud PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Head up to the stands and eat your farking fancy pies and drink your pink champagne and leave loosing our voices in the name of supporting a great team to us. As for we are only 17 we are not starters only joiners.... I was at the end of 17 and there were a group of young blokes on the sauce absolutley singing there heart out... None of the bay 16 songs but wanted to input something. If you do not know the songs there was a posting some time ago which had them. Suggest you troll through the forums to find em... Or better still turn up listen and join IN.

P.S BREZZE IS A UNCLE FARKER

rosko

Congrats to the guys and gals in 16... You put out as much noise as you can... I was in 47 and my voice is only just recovering today... The people in the stands dont make as much noise as they can.. Though when they do, the roof makes it awesome! You will never be able to make the people sing, though as the numbers at the end of the ground grow, as they are, you will get more and more singing in the stands... From 47 I only noticed "stand up for the mariners" started once and it was stopped quickly when it was started by something happening on the pitch... I would have liked to see our crowd jump on the Sydney chants and drown them out...
 Keep up the good work guys, it will all come in good time. It is getting better every year....

FFC Mariner

Oy, leave us fifteenistas alone :)

We have got the back 3 rows or so going and find it as annoying as everyone else when they wont stand.

If you cant get into at a game like last night, you probably never will

pride of nsw

ok.
so say we get rid of the young 'cool' kids down the front of bay 16.
that leaves the front of bay 16 empty and still no more volume produced.
i personally dont beleive the marinators have the numbers to fill bay 16 with singing voices and a simple reason for a lack of volume is numbers.
and as for bays 15/17 i think thats a lost cause / may happen in 5-10 years.
what the marinators have presently is sufficient. its a solid fan base producing plenty of noise and doing so in the right manner.
sydney probly has 10 times our population and will always out-number the central coast. and when team support groups travel to away games they are generally more excited and more pumped for the game and hence sing with more passion and volume.

anyways thats just my opinion. feel free to cut me to pieces.

merry christmas
cheers.

adz

Staff member
pride of nsw said:
ok.
so say we get rid of the young 'cool' kids down the front of bay 16.
that leaves the front of bay 16 empty and still no more volume produced.

lol yep I guess everyone assumes that if the emos leave they will be replaced with people who sing all game .....

You don't need that many people to make a lot of noise anyway. Once we are going we are quite loud. Just that there is a lot of silence. What happened to Mariners/Yellow Army? That was great when it got going.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred