• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Banners & Flags etc.

Bear

Jesus said:
Jeff (LouMacari) said:
you asked for alternatives and when you got them you tell him to stop? f**k me! I agree with Celery, it's gotta be the most shit song to claim as an anthem and before you ask, No, I'm not providing any further alternatives to what Celery gave (apart from maybe Rod Stewart's 'Sailing'?) to have you lot slag them down.
Rant over ;)

Agree with both. Is deadly dreary and uninspiring.

Why must someone provide jewels to be able to say what is shit?

you dont need to provide jewels

i think the attitude of people who sit back and say "thats a terrible song" but then do nothing to change that or contribute on game day, is shit

LFCMariners

For what it's worth, personally I would love to see us all have a go at singing, to the tune of 'Sailing':

No one rates us
No one rates us
No one rates us
We don't care

We're the Mariners
From the Central Coast
No one rates us
We don't care

Then possibly sing the second verse with 'la's replacing the lyrics. If we sang these two verses over and over, at the same tempo as the Rod Stewart song, I can almost guarantee you that people would pick it up really quickly, and I reckon it'd sound really stirring, at BT or away.

FTR I would sing the Playschool theme song if that's what we were singing in the bay. Some people don't seem to realise that singing ANYTHING, when everyone is singing it, beats having only half the people singing and the other half standing there chatting or too proud to contribute to the atmosphere. If we want to continue with CHFILWY, great. If we give my suggestion a go, even better! But for Heaven's sake, after 5 seasons, let's all band together on match day and leave the politics and internal bickering to these forums. This is the #1 reason why groups like The Squadron (who we used to out-sing so easily it was almost embarrassing) have improved so much since the beginning, while we move forward at a glacial pace.

/rant.

goingtoadisco

LiverpoolMariners said:
FTR I would sing the Playschool theme song if that's what we were singing in the bay. Some people don't seem to realise that singing ANYTHING, when everyone is singing it, beats having only half the people singing and the other half standing there chatting or too proud to contribute to the atmosphere. If we want to continue with CHFILWY, great. If we give my suggestion a go, even better! But for Heaven's sake, after 5 seasons, let's all band together on match day and leave the politics and internal bickering to these forums. This is the #1 reason why groups like The Squadron (who we used to out-sing so easily it was almost embarrassing) have improved so much since the beginning, while we move forward at a glacial pace.

/rant.

+ 10000000000

MrCelery

brennan said:
Question; why are we singing 'Aussie, Aussie, Aussie' and the Australian National Anthem at mariners game???

+ an anthem is not a chant.

My bad. I thought I'd trimmed out all the Socceroo chants from my list. Must have missed one. Either that or it was an old NSL song we used to sing when visiting the likes of Sydney Croatia, South Melbourne Hellas, etc. They were always like mini-internationals!

I'm not claiming they are all good chants - just answering the earlier suggestion that I'm a hypocrite by not offering alternatives, and just a whinger by bagging the ICHFILWY song.

Soundsdifferent - If you knew me you'd know that your advice, while good, is wasted on me. I've probably started more chants than you've had hot dinners. Sadly, my vocal chords are no longer up to the challenge, and all I can generate these days is a squeak. Time for a new generation to sing up a storm. Count on me to join in as best I can.

My experience over many years is that the most successful songs are:

. short
. uncomplicated
. witty
. easy to sing
. rapid beat

MrCelery

Bear said:
i think the attitude of people who sit back and say "thats a terrible song" but then do nothing to change that or contribute on game day, is shit

Contributing goes beyond singing too. I was appalled last game to find many so-called Marinators would not take up the offer of waving one of the many club flags. It's not like you need to wave them the whole game.

Thanks to those that did wave them though. (Thought I'd get the conversation back the title of the thread.)

J

jiggles

In an attempt to make a banner for Danny's 100th game on Saturday,,,anyone got any good pics of Danny celebrating? You know...when he gets all fired up etc?

dibo

danny-vukovic.jpg

On second thoughts...

Jimmy

I will hopefuly be making a couple of banners on the 10th of October.
We play at home against NQ on the 11th.

I will be painting them in the car park accross from the Super Centre at Tuggerah.

I will need 3 or 4 people to help me, as they will be quite big.

If anyone is interested please PM me and I will get a list together.

Please note that you will need to donate your time and possibly a little
money during the day.

I have a design in mind, I will PM it to you when I get back to Australia.

Jimmy

Jimmy said:
I will hopefuly be making a couple of banners on the 10th of October.
We play at home against NQ on the 11th.

I will be painting them in the car park accross from the Super Centre at Tuggerah.

I will need 3 or 4 people to help me, as they will be quite big.

If anyone is interested please PM me and I will get a list together.

Please note that you will need to donate your time and possibly a little
money during the day.

I have a design in mind, I will PM it to you when I get back to Australia.

Due to poor weather I have not been able to draw the design onto the fabric yet.
It's also not the best weather to be painting in, So I am calling this event off for now.
Will be doing it another time tho.
I will also be putting on a free sausage sizzle next time too.
Sorry to those who put up their hands to help.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred