• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Banners & Flags etc.

Jimmy

Just want to start by saying thanks to Recky and Aussiecross who done there best in helping me collect the banners, flags, poles and the megaphone that were left there by everyone, especially since the security and cops were pushing us as fast as they could. It also made immediate post game celebrations pretty subtle for us.

Ironically the only thing i didn't take home was the only thing i used all night, the drum.

Guys if your serious about keeping all the banners and flags in the marinators club, then you gotta pick up after yourselves.

For the 2nd game in a row some random tried taking (stealing) one of our big flags and poles.

God knows why the flags, poles and the megaphone werent cleaned up or taken by the people that were using it.

Is anyone in charge of this shit?

Should i just leave it all next time?

Batman if your reading this, the "Harper Your A Twat" banner wasnt allowed in by the FFA who visited me in the Kendall pre game, and I'd figured it had had its run so i decided to leave it there.

Regarding the drum, We need to update in a big way, and i mean big, couldnt hear it on the replay, we need a BIG MUTHA f**kING DRUM!!! Something that will take up a seat all by its self.

So for the grand final, Nothing (everything mentioned above) is leaving the back of my ute unless i have a few volunteers willing to take care of some things for the day/night.

Any takers?

Our bay will look shit without you.

Deej

Good post Jimmy - you do a fantastic job week in week out looking after this equipment and we really appreciate it.

With drums they have to be small enough to fit underneath a seat (FFA rules), so we can't get anything bigger, does it need a new skin?

I'm happy to take a few bits for the GF pal and I'm sure a number of other people will be also!

Jimmy

DJ said:
With drums they have to be small enough to fit underneath a seat (FFA rules), so we can't get anything bigger, does it need a new skin?

Ah, shame about the drum size thing.
It doesnt need a new skin, maybe a tighten up, theres a box in the leagues club that has the tool to do it, but we dont have the key to open the box lol.

Thanks for offering DJ.

Deej

jockey said:
How about a few more drums?

FFA rules for the finals were 1 drum and 1 megaphone ONLY, we have not contacted them regarding the final yet

Pokes

...Why not put the megaphone near the drum....would that make things louder? Or send out a lot of feedback I spose...

Is it one drum per bay? Maybe if we had 3, and had one in each of the Mariner Supporter bays at SFS...

Then all we gotta do is get them in time!

Jeff (LouMacari)

Brilliant work Jimmy, and yes it should be someones job. This will be addressed at the next meeting. I took the drum because as you said, it was just lying there under a seat for anyone to take.

I did make good use of it in the post match celebrations outside the cclc though ;)

The FFA will be contacted tommorrow regarding what we can and can't take to the GF (I'm hoping for some 'concessions'...don't hold your breath though)

Part_Timer

more than happy to help, although it was preety sad not getting to be part of the mayhem outside the stadium...some how my flag pole was bent during the game, obiously who ever was waving it was putting there heart into it....was better having the big flags spread out too...

~Floss~

:popo: Slightly off-topic warning, :popo: but:

Jeff, it will be interesting to hear how you go with the FFA.

Given the numbers and passion we should be bringing, there is potential for the best [glow=yellow,2,300]TIFO[/glow] the A-League has ever seen.

Not sure how you expect to fare with the FFA in regards to the use of streamers. If they're out then we'll just have to compensate with heaps of flags and banners. However there's no doubt that something large-scale and well coordinated really ties everything together.

A heap of different flags and banners look great, but complimented by something big and coordinated the effectiveness can be multiplied many times. The streamers are one option and have worked in the past, but if streamers cause hassles again then should we be looking for another idea as something one-off for the GF?

For example, one thing I thought of was utilising the mezanine bays above the home end to drop oversize banners from, or long yellow and navy strip banners. Of course this would require organisation like checking dimensions, getting permission for people to go up to those bays and co-ordinate things, and could be a total impossibility if there's issues like safety or covering up advertising.

Will the giant jersey and flag be back now that we will have full bays but (possibly) can't throw the streamers?

I heard someone suggest a huge banner staking temporary claim to the cove - something like "The Cove Bay" (sounded great at the time but it was sunday night).

I'd hate to come across as saying "we should" or "someone should" instead of "I will", I'm just curious if anyone else has ideas to throw around. I am keen to offer help (where possible) with planning & organisation if it looks like something along these lines could happen.

To do something impressive the key is coordination. For the GF we will have the numbers to possibly do something a fair bit bigger than usual. I'm not sure if anyone else is already thinking of something like this; perhaps someone in the Committee already has a simple yes/no answer as to whether there's a possibility?

Maybe I'm dreaming a bit - maybe something like a banner-making day is adequate?

nutmeg

~Floss~ said:
I heard someone suggest a huge banner staking temporary claim to the cove - something like "The Cove Bay" (sounded great at the time but it was sunday night).

Thats being made on sunday arvo

kepo

Jeff (LouMacari) said:
Air horns will be confiscated mate. Not allowed  :-[
And they drown out the atmosphere,
for example, when blowins come into the cove and let them off in the middle of a chant.
But its good to have at least one,
when everything droped off a bit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred