• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Azza (Aaron)

Ted

Hey guys,

For those of you who know my son Aaron, things are not going well for him at present. He was diagnosed with a brain tumour on Tuesday and is currently in Sydney Childrens hospital awaiting surgery. He has suffered migraines the last few  years. But, seeing I also suffer them, it was put down to a hereditary problem.

Recently though his agility and eye sight in his left eye was being affected and due to this he was sent for a CT scan. This subsequently revealed the tumour on the right side of his brain and we were told to rush him to Sydney immediately for further tests.

He has since had an MRI scan (more detailed then a CT scan) and this showed the tumour to be approx the size of a tennis ball. At present and pending further tests he is due to be operated on next Tuesday to remove the tumour. Aaron still has his wits and mobility. The doctors say this is a good sign.

As you can imagine, his mother and I are both emotional wrecks and fearing for his well being, while Aaron (like always) doesn't like to show his emotions. I am sure is scared as much as we are though. We are trying to remain positive, but it's not that easy to do when it's one of you own.

He is due to have a several eye tests today to ascertain the severity of his overall loss of sight.

Alicia

Really sorry to hear that Ted.  Best of luck and wishes go to yourself, Aaron and the rest of your family.

From the dug out

Ted said:
Hey guys,

For those of you who know my son Aaron, things are not going well for him at present. He was diagnosed with a brain tumour on Tuesday and is currently in Sydney Children’s hospital awaiting surgery. He has suffered migraines the last few  years. But, seeing I also suffer them, it was put down to a hereditary problem.

Recently though his agility and eye sight in his left eye was being affected and due to this he was sent for a CT scan. This subsequently revealed the tumour on the right side of his brain and we were told to rush him to Sydney immediately for further tests.

He has since had an MRI scan (more detailed then a CT scan) and this showed the tumour to be approx the size of a tennis ball. At present and pending further tests he is due to be operated on next Tuesday to remove the tumour. Aaron still has his wits and mobility. The doctors say this is a good sign.

As you can imagine, his mother and I are both emotional wrecks and fearing for his well being, while Aaron (like always) doesn't like to show his emotions. I am sure is scared as much as we are though. We are trying to remain positive, but it's not that easy to do when it's one of you own.

He is due to have a several eye tests today to ascertain the severity of his overall loss of sight.

Sorry to here that Ted. How old is Aaron?

Size of a tennis ball!!!....what the!!!.....the poor bloke....best wishes to Aaron and all his loved ones.

Melsy - One step

All the best to Aaron and all my thoughts go to you and your family, If there is anything that can be done to help with anything don't hesitate to ask.

Take Care

J

jiggles

So sorry to hear that mate.

Prayers are with you.

All the best to Aaron. I've PM'd you.

Bear

As I said via sms mate, im at a loss for words. Take care little fella, thoughts are with you all

marconigirl

I'm so sorry to hear about Aaron...
At least you were able to find out the problem and are able to have surgery fairly quickly...
It is good to hear that he has his wits and mobility, as this will hopefully help him get through this hard time...

My thoughts are there for Aaron, and for all of you... I hope that everything goes well...

dru

Thoughts go out to Aaron and the rest of the Family Ted.

Will this cure him of being a keeper?

Ted

Thanks everyone.

Aaron is only 14 yo and already stands 6'2. Of our 6 kids he was always healthiest one. At this stage as much as he loves the sport, it looks unlikely he will play again. Although it depends on the successful removal of the tumour and the assumumption it's benign as the doctors are hoping.

Jimmy

I'm lost for words.....

Fight that little f**ker Aaron.
Our prayers and wishes are with you and your family.

trev

srry to hear that ted

i really dnt kno wat to say i am speechless.......
Hope azza gets well soon and my wishes go out to you

Get well soon

scottmac

Suspended
Hey Ted, I dont know Azza but i know brain tumors. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

My prayers are for strength & endurance, for Azza as well as you & your family,  and most of all that that tumor is benign.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred