• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Avoiding the spoon

marinersince2006

Why ??? The FFA may currently own/administrate them but they will be offloaded sooner rather than later.

This season's squad has & was selected already by Miller, no changes unless they have major injuries. The FFA arent going to spend a dime outside the cap bringing in someone special, would be bad business by them if they did.

NO ........for the simple reason that Ange has no cause to ring Tony, for we DONT have any players in our squad at the moment that are anywhere near the grade for the Socceroo's.

Again, cant see the link your trying to draw here.

How would a detrimental relationship with the FFA affect Coaching and Rectuitment at CCM ???

If I have got ages right.We have got some very talented youngsters who are being given opportunities that similar players would never get. Jets doing same thing but they look a year or two older than our group.

Future u20

HBelle
Rose
kalik.
Trent
Berry

Future u23

Jake
Neil
Asc
Red Card Kpr
Bingham

Socceroo

Austin

TW and JH will be recruiting from AIS group that leaves this term. They will be watching and scouting Roar/victory/Perth/Adelaide youth teams for youngsters who will not get opportunities over next 2 seasons.And they will be cheap.

Relationships must be critical to signing young players .maybe I m wrong.

Fox sports commentators may not think our environment is great/good for young players.

i would put money on Ange being consulted with all players in u20 and u 23 squads. I would put money on him scouting every u20 and u 23 player.He is reported to scout every Aussie in Europe. So the relationship with Hal coaching team would have to be important. And our guys have only been in roles short time.

Do you reckon TW or JH have called any FFA coach to talk about all our high potentials?Calling FFA coaches to promote Trent/jake and rest? I would bet in first 5/6 months TW wouldn't have had time.

Hopefully have explained my views better. Great to have you question them.

ballantyne

We've already missed the target for this home-and-away cycle. We'll no way make the 6, and anyway as pointed out above 6 is worth nothing.
If we discount last year, where the bottom two teams were so very very far behind, you need 23-28 points to avoid the spoon over the last 5 years. I feel this year will be at the high end of that, and if we are going to do it we will likely do so by beating the teams immediately above us, in a sense gaining 6 points on them, but I still feel we need to average at least 1.5pts per game to do it.

nebakke

We've already missed the target for this home-and-away cycle. We'll no way make the 6, and anyway as pointed out above 6 is worth nothing.
If we discount last year, where the bottom two teams were so very very far behind, you need 23-28 points to avoid the spoon over the last 5 years. I feel this year will be at the high end of that, and if we are going to do it we will likely do so by beating the teams immediately above us, in a sense gaining 6 points on them, but I still feel we need to average at least 1.5pts per game to do it.

I dunno about writing it off completely yet though, tbh... We really needed to beat Adelaide... But not because I think we can't do it without having won that match, but rather because it was the lowest hanging fruit on the vine.
If we can grab points from some the teams currently in the six, I think we stand a decent change of getting back on course... The major thing again, is that apart from us, Adelaide is playing top 6 teams, almost exclusively, for the rest of the season. If we could work out how to nullify their technical superiority, I think we might stand a chance.
Be interesting to see how we look with Posco back in defence and perhaps Garcia playing as #10 though :)

rbakersmith

The scum didn't do us any favours thanks to their capitulation to the Glory tonight... It's now 7 points between us and 9th.

midfielder

If we want to avoid the spoon....how about this.

Bray
Posco. Mcging Ascroft Rose
Fab. Monty. Rose. Austin
Luis
Bingham

Like your side... Only playing Luis for more than an hour is not smart IMO he will get hurt...

I would start Lis around the 35 minute point in essence this requires a player to run their guts out for the first half hour or so ... for me I would try that Trent Bihagiar or thetrentboy as some have named him... in this role ...

Forum Phoenix

The scum didn't do us any favours thanks to their capitulation to the Glory tonight... It's now 7 points between us and 9th.

I don't think they had any choice to be fair.

We've continued to lose, so they really needed to kick into gear and prove just how determined they are to still win the spoon.

Reactions: adz

Wombat

I saw Trent driving today and he looks like a little schoolboy. Interestingly there are no luxury cars being driven by our players, only one Lexus being driven by a defender. (and a Kluger, if you can call that prestige ??)
The rest were sensible little sedans and hatchbacks.

Pirate Pete

I saw Trent driving today and he looks like a little schoolboy. Interestingly there are no luxury cars being driven by our players, only one Lexus being driven by a defender. (and a Kluger, if you can call that prestige ??)

When I saw Fitzy and Cac on NYE they walked across the car park and got into some smallish Toyota. Our former "Best Player" was driving so I presume it was his.

dibo

I'm guessing most of our fans earn more than most of our players.

ballantyne

11 rounds to go, 21pts needed. We now need a win and a draw in each home and away cycle to be spoon-safe: championship form!
However Newcastle have a serious wobble on. Beating them twice and otherwise getting one more point than them could wreak a miracle.

Gratis

With both perth and newc sitting on the same points we could jump both with a few wins, which would be nice. 9 points behind is a worry though

dibo

It's only 7 points to Newcastle with 11 games to go.

Wellington away
Adelaide home
City away
Newcastle home
Victory home
Perth away
Adelaide away (our 3rd game against them in 9 matches, just as they f**king hit form - thanks VERY much FFA...)
Wanderers away
Newcastle home

But since round 4, Newcastle have taken 7 points. We've taken only 6! If we take 6 off them, then obviously we're in the game, but we need to be a point better than them in the other 9 games.

They've got:
Adelaide away
City home
Roar away
Phoenix home
Mariners away
Perth away
Wanderers home
Victory away
Perth home
Roar away
Mariners away

That's not an easy run, but we simply must take all 6 points out of the derbies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred