• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

pjennings

Redmayne is rumoured to be picked for the Socceroo squad this week. Could well be 3 John Crawley products in the squad.

Wombat

Holy f**k...................Redmayne is a Socceroo...............so it was only a decent coach that stopped me playing for Australia!!!!

Wombat

Good branding as far as it goes to fitting the region and is distinctive. Obviously those people in the region who they consulted with think it will look cool on T-shirt’s and caps. I think it will too.

There was a brilliant Orchy bottle logo in the same colours, very tuned in to C'Town but i didnt save it. Very funny.

turbo

and yet somehow ryan grant is
Who else is putting their hand up for that spot? Like him or not he’s one of our best RB options and deserves to be there. On top of that Arnold knows how he works and how to get the best out of him.

JoyfulPenguin

Andy Harper is saying Western United will play 8 games in Geelong, 2 in Ballarat and 3 at Docklands. That is incredibly dumb and is not going to engage with any fan base.

turbo

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/ff...ing-agreements-westfield-w-league-and-hyundai
  • An immediate lift in the Salary Cap to $3.2 million (Ex Western United FC) up from $3.063 million in 2018/19) which is a 4.5% increase ($137,000)
  • Base player payments of $2.88 million which is a 4.3% ($123,300) increase in 2019/20.
  • Western United FC Maximum Player Payments of $3.6million
  • $200k cap on Loyalty Player payments and Homegrown Player payments outside of the salary cap have been removed
  • Maximum number of scholarship players increased from six (6) to nine (9).

JoyfulPenguin

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/ff...ing-agreements-westfield-w-league-and-hyundai
  • An immediate lift in the Salary Cap to $3.2 million (Ex Western United FC) up from $3.063 million in 2018/19) which is a 4.5% increase ($137,000)
  • Base player payments of $2.88 million which is a 4.3% ($123,300) increase in 2019/20.
  • Western United FC Maximum Player Payments of $3.6million
  • $200k cap on Loyalty Player payments and Homegrown Player payments outside of the salary cap have been removed
  • Maximum number of scholarship players increased from six (6) to nine (9).
Ouch, Stajcic's task just got a hell of a lot harder.

Wombat

Anyone see the Oz loss against Korea?
Stats show we had 1 shot on target all game and Redmayne played in goal. It's not very promising is it?

sydmariner

Stats show we had 1 shot on target all game and Redmayne played in goal. It's not very promising is it?
yeah & the south koreans' were complaining that the socceroos were unfairly targeting son

JoyfulPenguin

We did much better than the stats suggested, but I don't think Arnie will ever fix our attacking woes. We were also playing a second even third string side against a full strength South Korea, and it took a lucky deflection and Redmayne not being a good keeper for it to go in. We controlled the game for the vast majority, even if we didn't make too many opportunities. Unfortunately I think that will be the last we see of Amini at international level, he just doesn't have the pace needed.

pjennings

We did much better than the stats suggested, but I don't think Arnie will ever fix our attacking woes. We were also playing a second even third string side against a full strength South Korea, and it took a lucky deflection and Redmayne not being a good keeper for it to go in. We controlled the game for the vast majority, even if we didn't make too many opportunities. Unfortunately I think that will be the last we see of Amini at international level, he just doesn't have the pace needed.

I hope not - he offers a lot more going forward than either Jeggo or O'Neill. Goodwin and Mabil were very poor on the press and Duke and Amini were doing a lot of the work for the first 30 minutes. Jeggo and O'Neill were cruising behind. He covered for Grant when he went forward (who was mostly ineffective). As he tired he dropped deeper and was the person that played out of the back with confidence, either passing or running into space.

As a #10, with 2 midfielders, or as a box to box midfielder with a DM behind and a #10 in front I think he has more to offer than either Jeggo or O'Neill.

Insertnamehere

Amini was our best mid in the first half. His tackle timing is very good and he can hit a pass. Yeah he isnt that quick but the koreans are. He's a serviceable backup.

Forum Phoenix

He’s behind Rogic, Irvine, Mooy and Luongo though isn’t he.

Missed the game but heard the result before I got to watch the recording. Not sure I’ll bother. You recommend it JP?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred