• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australian Football Stuff - not worthy of a thread

Capn Gus Bloodbeard

It's nearly and hour to get to Geelong from here with trains running at best every hour, they shouldn't have been let in without having some sort stadium arrangement in place in the West of Melbourne. Geelong and the West are completely different areas with completely different histories and identities, no one in Geelong wants to support a team that represents Melbourne and is just waiting till their stadium is built. The biggest fallacy in their club/bid is that past the Western edges of Melbourne there is any shared sense of identity with Melbourne, there is absolutely none.
Agree. it's just absurd. Play in a different region in an AFL stadium for a few years...wtf were the FFA thinking? The first year is critical. This is going to kill their early support.

Geelong would get right behind a Geelong team, and nobody else. Not this Western rubbish. Terrible logo too, 90s 3D effects.

Forum Phoenix

Western Melbourne has always been called just the West in Melbourne so Western fits with local slang.

Sure but it’s a National competition. That hopefully takes your brand into Asia and globally...

For me their brand flies in the face of virtually every major team name in the world.

There are exceptions like Juve that aren’t regionally signified. But that’s pretty rare and evolved in a way that makes sense and they didn’t have to worry about telling everyone their in Turin.

Anyway not trying to argue at you of course JP,

Just has baffled me fro the start, presents natural marketing headaches that make no sense in having to me,

Last edited:

Wombat

Terrible name. Ordinary logo. Farcical ground choice for the 1st two seasons.

Let's hope they put out a decent Football side with a high profile marquee.

JoyfulPenguin

Sure but it’s a National competition. That hopefully takes your brand into Asia and globally...

For me their brand flies in the face of virtually every major team name in the world.

There are exceptions like Juve that aren’t regionally signified. But that’s pretty rare and evolved in a way that makes sense and they didn’t have to worry about telling everyone their in Turin.

Anyway not trying to argue at you of course JP,

Just has baffled me fro the start, presents natural marketing headaches that make no sense in having to me,
Yeah from a general recognition point of view outside of Melbourne it doesn't make much sense. But then it's part of their farcial idea that they can somehow include Western Melbourne, Geelong and half the country towns of Victoria.

Forum Phoenix

Yeah from a general recognition point of view outside of Melbourne it doesn't make much sense. But then it's part of their farcial idea that they can somehow include Western Melbourne, Geelong and half the country towns of Victoria.

Yeah that is madness isn’t it.

Other bids have pitched that too. Hell we, by which I mean bloody MC, tried it and failed miserably.

Football/sport is too tribal and parochial for this to ever really work unless you become a huge club/brand - ie a winner that everyone wants to be associated with regardless.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
So what do we think of this disgrace perpetrated by the moron security guards at Jubilee the other night, on that Smurf dad and his daughter with Down’s syndrome , and while I’m a big supporter of coppers, they didn’t shine too bright the other night either

Insertnamehere

So what do we think of this disgrace perpetrated by the moron security guards at Jubilee the other night, on that Smurf dad and his daughter with Down’s syndrome , and while I’m a big supporter of coppers, they didn’t shine too bright the other night either
I was fairly ambivalent of it all because usual both sides have done something wrong. In my experience Ive been kicked out more pubs sober than HAL games legless.
However now the police, security and stadium are acting super petty, Im on the blokes side. Fk them, id be looking into slander and defamation if hes got a case.

sydmariner

Macarthur FC: New Hyundai A-League club confirms name, colours and logo
Meet Macarthur FC, the official name of the Hyundai A-League newcomers from Sydney’s west when they enter the competition for the 2020/21 Season.

The Hyundai A-League's 12th club made the announcement on Wednesday at a function at Campbelltown Catholic Club.

It turned out to be a massive day for the club, who also unveiled Ante Milicic as their inaugural head coach for their debut season in the competition, while the official club colours were confirmed as black, gold and white.

The colours were chosen to represent the diverse cultures of the area.

"Like the club, [they] are authentically fun, tribal, proud, hardworking and inclusive," the club said.

HOW TO WATCH: Don't miss a minute of the 2019 Hyundai A-League Grand Final
GRAND FINAL: The biggest stories of Hyundai A-League 2019 Grand Final week

macarthur2.png

"Ochre is included to represent one of the traditional colours for the local Dharawal Aboriginal people on whose land the Macarthur region sits.

"The logo includes a bull, which is demonstrative of the club’s physical power as well as a tilt to history when a runaway herd of cattle was discovered in the region in 1795, and three stars of the Southern Cross to symbolise football’s links with the grassroots football community, the National Premier League and the A-League."

RELIVE THE GLITZ AND WINNERS: The Dolan Warren Awards of 2019
PREVIEW: All you need to know ahead of the Glory v Sydney FC Grand Final

Further explaining the thought behind the Macarthur FC identity, host Simon Hill, from FOX Sports, said: "In 2020/21 this region will have an A-League team to call its own. A team to forge its own success, reflecting the ambitions of the region and named for its first entrepreneur – Governor John Macarthur.

“The club’s logo contains four key elements, encompassing a bull – which is synonymous with the region – the local football associations and the five local councils.

“The three stars [on the logo] represent the A-League team, the affiliated National Premier League teams and community football.

“Predominantly black and white, the touches of ochre pay homage to the Dharawal heritage, an identity that will live on through the Academy team.”

The landmark decision for the new club comes after undertaking extensive forums where residents and fans had their say on name, colours and a club mascot.

The Macarthur South West United bid was officially given the green light to join the Hyundai A-League for the 2020/21 Season back in December.

The club are expected to begin announcing their inaugural coach and first player recruits later this year.

Macarthur FC will play at Campbelltown Stadium, with its training headquarters to be based at a new Centre of Excellence which is currently under construction. In the interim, the club will make use of facilities at the University of Western Sydney at Campbelltown.

turbo

I hated the logo earlier when I saw it on pc, but on a phone zoomed out more I don’t mind it as much. They explained their rationale but shouldn’t have stars in the crest. They’ve got a fairly established meaning and a new franchise hasn’t won anything.

Wombat

Its absolutely f**ked. It looks like some logo to do with farmers and drought relief. What the hell does it have to do with Football?

Forum Phoenix

Good branding as far as it goes to fitting the region and is distinctive. Obviously those people in the region who they consulted with think it will look cool on T-shirt’s and caps. I think it will too.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred