• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia VS Oman

Jimmy

This is a pretty entertaining match, much better than the dire trash we had to sit thru the other night.

Johnno

happy said:
lol
never seen a football match in which a player has a 3-digit number, like Vidosic today

Didnt u see the Kuwait game in Canberra, tonnes of 3 digit shirt numbers

FFC Mariner

I now know why I absolutely dread watching Australia. Pim's "system" is the most mind numbingly dull shit seen since Jack Charlton or George Graham were managers.

No wonder only 20k turned up - its just rubbish

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
I now know why I absolutely dread watching Australia. Pim's "system" is the most mind numbingly dull shit seen since Jack Charlton or George Graham were managers.

After watching England against Ukraine....... I dunno.  Although that was kinda funny at the same time.

FFC Mariner

They were simply gash tonight.

A Guus managed side would have put 6 past that lot - and how shit were our back 4?

David Votoupal

The most annoying thing for me is that Le Roy is someone I would rather have as Socceroos coach instead of the clown Verbeek.

At least Le Roy has achieved something on the international stage, in a much stronger confederation.

Forum Phoenix

While I'm struggling with the dutch snooze system like every other goal hungry fan...
You are quite simply a massive coach nazi DV.

Can't really call anyone a clown who qualifies you so efficiently and has you beating and drawing with the #3 ranked team in the world over the last 12 months.

Even more importantly, the players rate the "clown".

But YES, I do wish he wasn't always so conservative.

But hey... like everyone else...

If it gets us past the group stage...
we'll love him despite his boring ass system and say
"while its not as exciting...blah blah... clever tactics...blah blah..."

And if he doesn't...
"we'll tear him and his boring ass system to shreds"

Standard operating football fan procedure really ;)

Jesus

Jesus
happy said:
lol
never seen a football match in which a player has a 3-digit number, like Vidosic today

Asian cup rules state that every player who plays in the finals or the qualifiers has to have their own shirt number. Hence the large numbers, especially with the a-leaguers as the best 20 or so players would have had their numbers set aside.

Stupid rule though

Jesus

Jesus
I thought it was a good game to watch though. 1st half was quite good end to end.

There were not quite as many awful dives as we are used to seeing from asian, and especially west asian sides.

David Votoupal

Forum Phoenix said:
While I'm struggling with the dutch snooze system like every other goal hungry fan...
You are quite simply a massive coach nazi DV.

Can't really call anyone a clown who qualifies you so efficiently and has you beating and drawing with the #3 ranked team in the world over the last 12 months.

Even more importantly, the players rate the "clown".

But YES, I do wish he wasn't always so conservative.

But hey... like everyone else...

If it gets us past the group stage...
we'll love him despite his boring ass system and say
"while its not as exciting...blah blah... clever tactics...blah blah..."

And if he doesn't...
"we'll tear him and his boring ass system to shreds"

Standard operating football fan procedure really ;)

I'm sorry, but qualifying from what's frankly the equal weakest confederation in terms of quality isn't the achievement it's made out to be. We're showing too much respect to teams who aren't bad but aren't special either. Europe, South America, Africa are all a lot tougher than Asia, all have far more depth.

We failed to beat Indonesia, or score a goal against them. Guess what, Syria racked up 11 goals in 2 games against Indonesia in their WCQs.

Our Asian Cup campaign was an inexcusable failure, but we weren't the only "big" team there to underperform. South Korea were equally poor if not worse, just having the luck of scraping into the semis. And guess who they were coached by? That's right, Verbeek. It was a shambles of a tournament being co-hosted by 4 different countries, one of whom is a football basket case. The Asian WCQs were a far more accurate picture of the real quality (or often lack of it) of teams in Asia.

I'd rather have someone like Javier Irureta coaching the Socceroos. Now there's a coach.

serious14

F*ck's sake, I'm so sick of this arrogant bullshit swagger we've got going on - "yay, we're a big fish in a bigger pond than we used to be in, thus we should destroy all before us".  Does it not occur to you that perhaps we are now more of a target than we used to be and everyone wants to beat us??  80% of the qualifiers we'll be playing from now on, it will be the opposition's "cup final"......

What happened when we went to Thailand and went "yep, we'll piss this in without even getting out of second gear"??  Yeah, that worked out well, right??

And fwiw, the Asian Cup itself was far from the shambles many made it out to be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred