• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia VS Oman

hasbeen

ok ..i'll put my bit in ... We were crap against Netherlands and Oman ... what next ?

For a start what is this fixation with Dutch coaches ? Their style of play etc.. was wonderful back in 1974 + 78 but shit we've all moved on since then ... PvB hasn't got a clue ... who in their right mind would have played that plank Kennedy up front ? Shit .. he's no Crouch ... and to hear the commentators last night (Hill, Slater)  ... what we wouldn't give for just a fraction of OBJECTIVE reporting once in a while.

Forum Phoenix

lol, kennedy the plank. Your right he is no Crouch.
I rate his head, but unfortunately not his feet,
This for me is somewhat of a problem for a *football* player.
But make no mistake, if we were playing *headball* Kennedy would be world class.

Quick question, has anyone actually ever seen Kennedy score with his feet?
I honestly can't remember.

That said.
He did bring the ball down ok with his chest a couple of times last night too...
But the lower you go the worse he gets. My hope is that playing with the technically skillful Japanese will better his footwork. That and that they may teach him how to run. Looks like someone grafter a steel rod through his shoulders and they can't swing independently of each other.

The real problem is our lack of convincingly better options.
Which is why personally I'd like to start seeing Rukavytsya blooded.
You just can't deny pace like that, it's a threat to any team in the world.
And at the very least can help to make them sit deep and give us a chance of better possession and field position as a result. And we know he can score one on ones with goal keepers. But he's not getting much first football.

Anyhow, I'm not holding my breath. Unless something drastic happens.
I'm pretty sure we have seen exactly what we are going to look like at the world cup and it will largely be up to our midfield attack of Emmo, Harry and Timmy to get us anywhere.

I hope our consistency and familairity will put us in good stead.
As opposed to our predictability and 4321, letting every team we play against have the dominant field position and hope our defense holds and we nick one off a set piece.

Depressing way to watch your team play after 4 years of waiting... unless like Italy you can convert it into a result.

Not Aloi$i FC

I wasn't impressed with our performance either but given our previous situation in the group, we HAD to win the game on Wednesday. Any way, any how, we just had to win, and we did. So now we're back in business. Still, 4 pts from 9 after two home games, against the kind of opposition we're up against in this group, is unacceptable for Australia.

Jesus

Jesus
happy said:
Jesus said:
happy said:
lol
never seen a football match in which a player has a 3-digit number, like Vidosic today

Asian cup rules state that every player who plays in the finals or the qualifiers has to have their own shirt number. Hence the large numbers, especially with the a-leaguers as the best 20 or so players would have had their numbers set aside.

Stupid rule though

I see. Thanks for the explanation. So that means that you have used 101 players in the Asian Cup so far?
what about the numbers in the 70s or 80s? Are they assigned(?) to players as well?

I think the FFA decided to use lowest numbers for players they think may play in the final tornament.

I think they started about 100 for players before today. But was surprised to see 101 come out against oman. So maybe they started a bit lower.

hasbeen

Jesus said:
happy said:
Jesus said:
happy said:
lol
never seen a football match in which a player has a 3-digit number, like Vidosic today

Asian cup rules state that every player who plays in the finals or the qualifiers has to have their own shirt number. Hence the large numbers, especially with the a-leaguers as the best 20 or so players would have had their numbers set aside.

Stupid rule though

I see. Thanks for the explanation. So that means that you have used 101 players in the Asian Cup so far?
what about the numbers in the 70s or 80s? Are they assigned(?) to players as well?

I think the FFA decided to use lowest numbers for players they think may play in the final tornament.

I think they started about 100 for players before today. But was surprised to see 101 come out against oman. So maybe they started a bit lower.

Vidosic started in 101 for the simple fact that he is a computer geek and insisted on a binary number ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred