• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia V Ghana

midfielder

It goes without saying how important this game is...

That we lack pace at the back and have no quality defensive mid ... and even if we don't win need to put up a good show...to assist our WC Bid is obvious...

My run on team ...

Putting Meggsi & Muggo in the backs will give them some pace...all defensive failed IMO and Wilkshire I think is our best hope in this position.. (slaps hand over face and says I wish Holland was there)

Schwarzer
Muggo Neill Meggsi Chippers ... maybe even Carney
Wilshire
Emerton Bresc Harry
Jesus Ruka

Sym

erm
pretty sure mile could do a job if given time

drop moore chippers and grella
combined age of 700 or so there.

mariners4ever

hmm is there much point in guessing what pim will put out onto the field ??? we all thought he was going to play a 4231 and play for a draw against germany so what is he going to surprise us with next ?? only time will tell  :-[

northernspirit

must win this game, puts us level on points with Ghana and you would think Germany would beat them... A draw means we need to beat Serbia to level up on points with Ghana and that 4-0 loss stuffs up our For and Against.

Win this game and draw against Serbia would do nicely.

FFC Mariner

Verbleak with play his favourites,play 4231 and go for a 1-0 win - like he always does.

This game is our cup final. Absolute must win

happy

What about getting some strikers on and improve the midfield?
That were the main issues why you didn't play that well against us imo

Deej

happy said:

Didn't play well vs Germany because a) the defence is slow, b) no recognised strikers were chosen, c) a few players were asked to play our of position and d) the defence has more holes than a golf course. 

Agree with FFC that Pim won't change a thing with formation but might actually choose better suited players to those positions.  I think a win is achievable but we need a massive improvement to state the obvious

bulldogmariner

Deej said:
happy said:

Didn't play well vs Germany because a) the defence is slow, b) no recognised strikers were chosen, c) a few players were asked to play our of position and d) the defence has more holes than a golf course. 

Agree with FFC that Pim won't change a thing with formation but might actually choose better suited players to those positions.  I think a win is achievable but we need a massive improvement to state the obvious
He will have to change tactics because 4-6-0 doesnt work.

pjennings

I think we have to go 4-4-2, use Harry and go for the win. I would also stick with Garcia.

The other thing is to not play such a ridiculous high line. If we do, swap the mdifielders with the fullbacks.

I don't think Ghana will be happy with a draw - that would leave them on 4 (probably enough) - but with Germany to play (which hopefully will hurt their goal difference).

My team would be

------------Schwarzer

Wilkshire--- Neill---Meggsi---------Chippers

----------Culina--------Valeri

Emerton----------------------------Carney

-------------Garcia-----Harry

Jesus on for Harry when he tires, Ruka on for Carney or Chippers, Culina to move just behind the strikers if we are still chasing a win of bring on Vidosic to play there.

tyson

Ruka on for Carney or Chippers? That seems more experimental than Pim.
I wouldn't even have Carney on to begin with.
I'm hoping Holman starts, to be honest.

pjennings

tyson said:
Ruka on for Carney or Chippers? That seems more experimental than Pim.
I wouldn't even have Carney on to begin with.
I'm hoping Holman starts, to be honest.

Ruka at LM - if Chippers goes off Carney drops back.

midfielder

RADINHO said:
Yay, Grella the old prick is out!

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27286749-5019291,00.html

While I am glad he is out ... the guy for years has bled green and gold ... and is one of the best defensive mids we have ever had ... as hard as nails tough as an old boot... it's not his fault he was selected...

So a little respect ... be glad he is not on the field but hardly an ...old prick...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred