• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia v Germany

nikko

Suspended
MrCelery said:
Dire. Credit to the Jerry's but we let them play to their strengths.

Looks like all our talent was in the stands:

252138-soccer-fans.jpg

very nice, Mick did you get their phone numbers?

Wombat

Wow.

Shocking and fairly gutless.

The backs made great statues and the lack of closing down was alarming.

Was basically men against boys and the tactics and team set up were downright stupid.

Very nervous going into game against Ghana but it can't get any worse can it (unless Green emigrates to Australia)?

serious14

4-3-3 in the next game please. Just fucking go for it - couldn't get any worse, surely??

Schwarzer
Wilkshire - Neill - Beauchamp - Carney
Emerton - Jedinak - Vidosic
Bresciano - Kennedy - Kewell

I can hope, yes??

Arabmariner

serious14 said:
4-3-3 in the next game please. Just fucking go for it - couldn't get any worse, surely??

Schwarzer
Wilkshire - Neill - Beauchamp - Carney
Emerton - Jedinak - Vidosic
Bresciano - Kennedy - Kewell

I can hope, yes??
4-3-3 ??

Not in Pim's coaching manual I'm afraid.

Involves strikers y'know  :p

serious14

Desperate times and all that.

Am realistically expecting to see Lolman as the lone striker against Ghana.  :(

curious

I can't get used to watching an Australian sporting team in blue & gold. Excuse my ignorance in asking where the blue comes from & when did the Socceroos secede?

bjw

bjw
Sym said:
Germany 1 Australia 0
Poland 2 Australia 0
Brazil 1 Australia 0

heh

I wish poland were in this World Cup cause then I'd have a team to support that might have a chance of making it out of the group/win a game.

midfielder

curious said:
I can't get used to watching an Australian sporting team in blue & gold. Excuse my ignorance in asking where the blue comes from & when did the Socceroos secede?

I remember listening to the ABC radio years ago like maybe 20 or more ... and they had a discussion about our national colours and they said our national colours were Blue & Gold not green and gold ... but agree with you the gold looks heaps better....

midfielder

Best analysis I have read on the game... like in one long sentence..

Credit to Pim Verbeek for trying something new, using Tim Cahill as a striker, dropping Mark Bresciano and Josh Kennedy to the bench and throwing his beloved 4-2-3-1 out the window...The problem is it backfired horribly ...and was the wrong decision at the wrong time..

FFC Mariner

Next game ought to be

Schwarzer
Ratboy Neill Meggsi Chippers
Valeri Jedi
Emerton Bresc Harry
Jesus

If we need to go for it, Rukya on for on of the mids and go 442. Moore and Grella never (ever) to be allowed near the side again.

He wont do that of course because he is Pimfail.

Only 2 more games till he is gone

midfielder

FFC Mariner said:
Next game ought to be

Schwarzer
Ratboy Neill Meggsi Chippers
Valeri Jedi
Emerton Bresc Harry
Jesus

If we need to go for it, Rukya on for on of the mids and go 442. Moore and Grella never (ever) to be allowed near the side again.

He wont do that of course because he is Pimfail.

Only 2 more games till he is gone

WE have to win drop either Jedi or Valeri and play Ruka up front and go for a 442 starting line up...

happy

Arabmariner said:
happy said:
the German commentary is annoying
You should hear ours.The drivel from our commentators and those bloody horns which drown out all other crowd noises to the point where you can barely hear any crowd reaction to a goal make me want to watch with the volume turned to zero.

:(

the vuvuzuelas weren't that much annoying as in the matches before.
The German commentator pronounced nearly all Australian names in a strange way and wasn't that well informed as he said that Meggsy is going to play for Melbourne Victory next season and stuff like that.

mariners4ever

come on, gotta stay positive, 2 more games then we wont have to hear or see about pims tactics again. to play with a 4-6-0 and say in the pre match press conference that you are going for the 3 points just to show he knows nothing about coaching. i highly doubt any other coach would do that, let alone experiment a totally different formation in the 4-6-0 against the 6th ranked side in the world in the first game of the world cup. he is a f**king joke, TBH cannot wait till we finish our group games and this nightmare with pim in charge is over.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
midfielder said:
curious said:

I remember listening to the ABC radio years ago like maybe 20 or more ... and they had a discussion about our national colours and they said our national colours were Blue & Gold not green and gold ... but agree with you the gold looks heaps better....

You are correct. Our national colours are blue and gold .... have an idea that green and gold were taken up by ARU as rep colours yonks ago and it has just gone on from there.

fedelta

zycie said:
Sym said:
Germany 1 Australia 0
Poland 2 Australia 0
Brazil 1 Australia 0

heh

I wish poland were in this World Cup cause then I'd have a team to support that might have a chance of making it out of the group/win a game.

flog

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred