• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia v Germany

Atomic

Jazzie said:
midfielder said:
curious said:
I can't get used to watching an Australian sporting team in blue & gold. Excuse my ignorance in asking where the blue comes from & when did the Socceroos secede?

I remember listening to the ABC radio years ago like maybe 20 or more ... and they had a discussion about our national colours and they said our national colours were Blue & Gold not green and gold ... but agree with you the gold looks heaps better....

You are correct. Our national colours are blue and gold .... have an idea that green and gold were taken up by ARU as rep colours yonks ago and it has just gone on from there.

The history of the national colours can be found on the Australian Government website: http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/symbols/colours.cfm - definitely worth a read, especially for the young 'uns and recent arrivals to this country.

I remember the official change to green and gold in 1984 but I just wanted to be sure of my facts. Up until then, it was "understood" that our colours were green and gold, mainly from the (success of) national sporting teams. I'm kind of glad that blue and gold is our alternate strip as it recognizes that past. I'm sure as hell glad that no one considers red white and blue as our national colours.

Jazzie

Sheer joy at beating the scum :)
Atomic said:
Jazzie said:
midfielder said:
curious said:
I can't get used to watching an Australian sporting team in blue & gold. Excuse my ignorance in asking where the blue comes from & when did the Socceroos secede?

I remember listening to the ABC radio years ago like maybe 20 or more ... and they had a discussion about our national colours and they said our national colours were Blue & Gold not green and gold ... but agree with you the gold looks heaps better....

You are correct. Our national colours are blue and gold .... have an idea that green and gold were taken up by ARU as rep colours yonks ago and it has just gone on from there.

The history of the national colours can be found on the Australian Government website: http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/symbols/colours.cfm - definitely worth a read, especially for the young 'uns and recent arrivals to this country.

I remember the official change to green and gold in 1984 but I just wanted to be sure of my facts. Up until then, it was "understood" that our colours were green and gold, mainly from the (success of) national sporting teams. I'm kind of glad that blue and gold is our alternate strip as it recognizes that past. I'm sure as hell glad that no one considers red white and blue as our national colours.

Thanks, Atomic, for the good oil. Cheers

bjw

bjw
Germany's passing accuracy last night was 91.7%, the fourth highest accuracy since the stat was first recorded.

goingtoadisco

midfielder said:
curious said:

Flag is blue *shrugs*

Kareem

I'm still beaming from Francis Waratiffe (spelling????) comment.
Best team in Africa isn't here. That's why Africa's disappointing.

winning african cup>>> world cup finals participation
NO QUESTION

however
Making the 2nd round >>> winning african cup

I am worried about whether any of the African nations can do it. But I am certainly supporting ALL 5 of them.

I certainly envy Ghana's success last time round.
But Togo and Angola...a waste of space (although they were always going to struggle)
Cameroon and Algeria (despite being stronger) seem to be replicating that sentiment this time around, which is sad. We need African teams to excel to win more world cup places.

BrisRecky

I'm an idiot savant without the pesky savant bit
I guess you all think the new ball that they use in the games is rooted....turns out, I read in the dutch paper that the krauts have had the thing for at least 75% of the last Bundesliga season, paper said that any country whose team was SA bound had their choice of ball to use SO the krauts picked the game ball for the tourney, clever bastards, apparently up to the start of the cup, only 368 0f the 780 or so players in the cup have seen the ball let alone kicked the f'n thing...german players say its all practice with the new ball so you can hit it just so....shame their the only ones who got any fn practice

pjennings

The ball has been available - Schwarzer has had one for months. However, the problem lies when the local FAs have deals with particular ball manufacturers for their domestic league. The Bundesliga have Adidas as sponsor so could use the ball. The EPL is sponsored by a competitior so it wasn't used.

BrisRecky

ahhh....so once again the almighty $ has assisted in the shagging of us then

BrisRecky

true...BUT...its all over the papers here how the game balls are just not of a good quality for such an event as the Cup

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred