• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup - Round of 32 vs Sydney FC

Forum Phoenix

Two serious competitions to focus on really is enough for us anyway. But I hate losing any game.
Still took the typical Sydney major refereeing error going their way to stop us winning it in regulation time though they did create more attacking forays and were on balance the better side. In terms of cohesion we do look a little undercooked still, but still played with guts and showed a lot of heart. Monty ethos still clear to see on the pitch regardless of how early we are into our prep.

Once we find our best 11, Tulio is match fit, Brian is starting, and our attackers sync, hopefully we'll be very competitive. But spine wise... no doubt we're going to need to have a great combination in our centre backs and forwards if we're to progress in the AFC or seriously challenge this season. Imho we haven't just lost some great footballers, we've lost some strong, calm personalities. Looking forward to seeing who else we bring in. Also danny back will help with leadership. I can just imagine him screaming at Hammond to boot it...

Player thoughts:

- Never going to be able to say it enough, how bloody good is our Niz.
- As a starter, DWH for Reec easily imo. But not writing Reec off yet as a player.
- Based on today, Theo over Doka. But of course too early to say.
- Fantastic debut for a new young keeper. Sorry it had to end like that for him.
- Paull didn't get everything right. But had a lot of good moments too. Certainly not without promise.
- Kuol gives us a lot, and will always contribute whether he's scoring or not.

Coach thoughts:
- Monty & Serge rule etc
- Corica lays hands on a fourth official as he screams at him to f**k off live on air three feet from the camera?? What's the deal? Danny got so much more for so much less. Such an entitled grub of a coach.

Last edited:

Ironbark

Haven't read comments yet, had to watch the game late. Had a sinking feeling when I saw our line up.

Was pleased by the resilience to come back from 2 down to score 3. We looked shaky in defence all game which was a concern.

We got screwed out of a legitimate goal though so grapes are absolutely sour. I'd rather have lost to a NPL side than those prikcs, like that

Insertnamehere

Man some harsh critics here. Thought overall we were serviceable. Ebbed and flowed through the game. Skills and decision making were off across the field but whether that was the goat track pitch or general rust, I dunno.

Defs work to do. Pass mark performance from me given the time of season for us.

Thought Alou grew into the game more than anyone and should do pretty well this year.

Don't like Niz anywhere but in the middle. He's our heartbeat.

Other side is, the officiating was fkn atrocious. f**k me Faghani was horrendous. Linesman robbed us.

Liam

I think we did alright consider we had 3 youth players make their debut and all were solid, but Monty was also trying things out too and I think the focus will be on The Afc more than what was on The Australia's cup . Noah smith played well he could be a real impact of the bench and Doka had some good signs, but we need more from him.

Tevor

I think we did alright consider we had 3 youth players make their debut and all were solid, but Monty was also trying things out too and I think the focus will be on The Afc more than what was on The Australia's cup . Noah smith played well he could be a real impact of the bench and Doka had some good signs, but we need more from him.
The fact we did the Thai trip confirms where Monty is focusing IMO and if we got through in the Aust cup then so be it. Assume the AFC Cup is at least 6 games (home and away) and if we had to throw in an Aust cup game here and there it would not have been ideal and we could have lost to an NPL side in our next game due to work load on the players. No disgrace in being knocked out by an A League side as much as I dislike it being Shitney.

gemkayem

Man some harsh critics here. Thought overall we were serviceable. Ebbed and flowed through the game. Skills and decision making were off across the field but whether that was the goat track pitch or general rust, I dunno.

Defs work to do. Pass mark performance from me given the time of season for us.

Thought Alou grew into the game more than anyone and should do pretty well this year.

Don't like Niz anywhere but in the middle. He's our heartbeat.

Other side is, the officiating was fkn atrocious. f**k me Faghani was horrendous. Linesman robbed us.
Absolutely agree about Niz, he has to be in the middle

Roger the Cabin Boy

I saw the most horrific thing at the game. This teenager had his pants half way down his arse and when he stood up it scarred me. The only good thing about it was the Sydney FC fans behind me were throwing peanuts into the crack [he didn't blink an eye and seemed to revel in his display]
I felt ashamed to be supporting the same team as this bogan

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred