• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Australia Cup 2023

scottmac

Suspended
Strange signing - he was poor when he was with us last time too
Don't agree. He's big, fast and has a good shot. He played forward today while he played wide in pre season. He'll be bench at best for the league but has something we haven't had for some time.
He showed that something in his couple of games and I think he brings something no other team has.

Tevor

Hard to judge much at all from that game as it was experimental and a wet and slippery pitch allowed to become a hack fest. Theo played well however I still get concerned he dribbles a bit too far and needs to learn to release the ball at more ideal times.

Roger the Cabin Boy

Sticking to positives.
We found our Danny replacement.
Paul and Kaltak as CB.
Kuol will star.
Theo is the new Silvera. Close to my MoM.

The rest we already knew
Yes, good young keeper. Who is he? [There was no big screen at the ground or Loose cannon to refer to]
Paul was very good and I'm surprised that Kaltak didn't start. They should make a good pairing.

I was a big Theo fan last year, and maybe yesterday was an anomaly, but he was the cause of a goal against us, was slow dropping back when he lost possession [and should have been able to since he didnt start] and had hissy fits waving his arms and arguing with Monty

Last edited:

Tevor

Yes, good young keeper. Who is he? [There was no big screen at the ground or Loose cannon to refer to]
Paul was very good and I'm surprised that Kaltak didn't start. They should make a good pairing.

I was a big Theo fan last year, and maybe yesterday was an anomaly, but he was the cause of a goal against us, was slow dropping back when he lost possession [and should have been able to since he didnt start] and had hissy fits waving his arms and arguing with Monty
Yeah I noticed that from Theo as well.

Kaltak had only been with the team for a week so I get why he didn’t start. I like that when Kaltak came on no one was hooked, Hall could have been but stayed as CB for the whole match. Unfortunately it’s rocks or diamonds with Hall, he did some good things but also some very ordinary moments as well.

Meerkat

Yeah I noticed that from Theo as well.

Kaltak had only been with the team for a week so I get why he didn’t start. I like that when Kaltak came on no one was hooked, Hall could have been but stayed as CB for the whole match. Unfortunately it’s rocks or diamonds with Hall, he did some good things but also some very ordinary moments as well.
Pretty sure he nearly gave us an own goal and was sloppy on the first goal conceeded.

Tevor

That nearly own goal was an important touch. Likely goes to the Sydney player if he didnt get a foot in there. I appreciated the dive to save even if he didnt get in front of it.
Agree that wasn't that bad and we managed to cleared it, for their second goal though when he missed the ball completely (look like an air swing) and they scored was probably his lowest moment. Although he had a CB partner he hasn't played with before and a very young one as well. Both back lines were young and if the strikers were not so rusty could have been 6 all not 3 all.

Big Al

VAR or not to VAR. it really doesn’t matter Danny FC will still get you. Shocking effort from the touchy who showed why he isn’t allowed his own whistle.

Im not sure about the love for Theo. Has great skills but passes to open team mates and back tracking aren’t it. And how was he gassed after being a sub. He should have come back 10k lighter but still looks to be a two run effort player. We need more.

Keeper did well.

SFC kids are good and it’s a real shame they are going to copy us and play them because they’d look good in yellow or on the bench crying.

Couple of blokes volunteering for extra sessions with the mental coach. Aiden will be having double sessions for a week. Go for space my friend. You are the freshest and your job is not to be flashy and take on the entire team. Run the clock out and you would have got another go next game. Shame he has talent but that was poor but the defense should have stopped that.

We gave the ball away repeatedly in that game but extra time was really bad.

Luckily the ribs on the webber enjoyed the extra time on the grill.

Bloody wiggle winning it for them again :vomit:

Can’t wait for more set piece variations to get Koul free. He can jump. Could do high jump without bending his back. Still needs some muscle.

Last but certainly the best was Nizzy. He could of played another game while everyone was getting pies with Theo

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred