• Join ccmfans.net

ccmfans.net is the Central Coast Mariners fan community, and was formed in 2004, so basically the beginning of time for the Mariners. Things have changed a lot over the years, but one thing has remained constant and that is our love of the Mariners. People come and go, some like to post a lot and others just like to read. It's up to you how you participate in the community!

If you want to get rid of this message, simply click on Join Now or head over to https://www.ccmfans.net/community/register/ to join the community! It only takes a few minutes, and joining will let you post your thoughts and opinions on all things Mariners, Football, and whatever else pops into your mind. If posting is not your thing, you can interact in other ways, including voting on polls, and unlock options only available to community members.

ccmfans.net is not only for Mariners fans either. Most of us are bonded by our support for the Mariners, but if you are a fan of another club (except the Scum, come on, we need some standards), feel free to join and get into some banter.

Aussies Qualification - What Now ?

scottmac

Suspended
bulldogmariner said:
With Australia playing Bahrain on Wednesday night thought i would start off this thread.
Team news is Neill and Valeri are out and into the squad comes Luke Wilkshire.
Pim will probably start with his famous 4-2-3-1.

Schwarzer
Wilkshire       Coyne           Spiro      Chippers
                   Culina           Grella
Bres                       Timmy C          Harry
                             Jesus

This will give him opportunities to play some of the younger squad members to see how they go. Jedinak will also see some action as Grella cannot last 90mins at the moment after returning from injury.

Prediction- 1 nil Australia.

I think he will give R.Williams some time as Bresc had an off night on Sunday and might need a rest. Wilkshire to right mid.
Timmy may also get a break with Carle a straight swap.

Sean

I think Bres has had an off last couple of games. Not much of a fan of Grella although I thought he played well against Qatar.
Those two players are the only regulars that concern me going into the WC...for now.

UnitedsNo9

Bresch not playing the sydney game, he's spending time with family in melbourne. I read this morning that chippers probably wont play either as basile (did i spell that right?) are starting their preseason.

serious14

http://www.ggarmy.com/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=1830&nav_cat_id=&nav_top_id=&idi=1830&entry_id=1829&entrytype=newsP&cookie=y

That didn't take long..... "on sale in time for Wednesday night's game in Sydney".

FFC Mariner

Some of us will have to hang around after the game for ages because some of us (not me) won a work comp to be a sideline reporter and go to the post match press conf.

FFC Mariner

serious14 said:
http://www.ggarmy.com/html/s02_article/article_view.asp?id=1830&nav_cat_id=&nav_top_id=&idi=1830&entry_id=1829&entrytype=newsP&cookie=y

That didn't take long..... "on sale in time for Wednesday night's game in Sydney".

Quite looking forward to see how they get on now SFC have taken over home end duties for the night (if I understand correctly)

serious14

FFC Mariner said:
serious14 said:

Quite looking forward to see how they get on now SFC have taken over home end duties for the night (if I understand correctly)

You understand 200% correctly.

We can never hear them (Betfair GGA TM. Pty. Ltd.) anyway, so it won't be an issue.  The core of SFC singers have tickets directly behind us (same as last time) except this time they've got a megaphone and a designated capo.  A hearty mix of piss-taking of those idiots down the front and celebratory songs are to be had I believe.

marinermick

I am going to guess at:

-------------------- Schwarzer--------------------
Williams-------Coyne-------Spiranovic------Wiltshire
-------------Grella---------Culina------------------
----Garcia----------Cahill?-------Kewell------------
----------------------McDonald-------------------

scottmac

Suspended
maybe Djite or Vidosic beside McDonald with Cahill on the bench? Or Carle for
Cahill and Djite for McDonald.

Will be interesting to see which way he goes. Could be many different combinations, without the guys that are out the team really does not pick itself.

FFC Mariner

Appreciate the late notice but I have a home end ticket spare.

Will be around until about 11 tonight and can check pm's early in the morning.

PM me if you are interested, I will meet you in the Brewery to hand over.

J

jiggles

FFC Mariner said:
Some of us will have to hang around after the game for ages because some of us (not me) won a work comp to be a sideline reporter and go to the post match press conf.

f**k that. Get pissed with us, Alicia will drive you home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForzaFred